Guest viewing is limited

Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, Beachcomber!

Way to go! Congrats on taking another step...that is amazing and I am very happy for you. Pretty soon the exercise bike will begin to collectsome dust---and ou will no doubt be riding all over town. You found another pice of the puzzle and put it into its place! You reclaimed part of your past life that arthritis perhaps had stolen from you. Iam sure that those two-wheeled excursions will get a little longer each time.

Hoorah!

Tim C.
 
thanks for the kudos, guys---

I was a little less enthusiastic last night when my knees were on fire and my back hurt too much to sleep.... maybe I *should* have turned back a little earlier... Scott got to say "I told you so".... I hate it when he is justified in doing that!... lol

Not so bad this morning, though. Maybe there is hope for me yet!
 
I think the further along we get the more likely we are to over do it when we get that "day of freedom".

Speaking of freedom, my wife is packing for a six day business trip..Scotty and I are whispering the magic words,"pizza every night". NO salads with every meal.
 
Oh goodie....a "boys' holiday" this week. You guys will have fun. Try and be at least a LITTLE healthy. Remember that you are the role model for your son! Scary, huh!
 
I think the further along we get the more likely we are to over do it when we get that "day of freedom".

Speaking of freedom, my wife is packing for a six day business trip..Scotty and I are whispering the magic words,"pizza every night". NO salads with every meal.


WINGS!!! DON'T FORGET THE WINGS! PIZZA AND WINGS (WITH BLUE CHEESE OR RANCH AND CELEREY!)

Tim C.-
 
No celery doesn't count as healthy. The salad justifies the pizza. At least wifey loves you enough to care what you eat.
 
Tomato is a vegetable right??? Therefore, in my humble opinion, pizza sauce, and ketchup on french fries should qualify.
And, blue cheese is a dairy product, so that fulfills that requirement.
Wings will be on the menu at least once.
Then there's all of the Baskin Robbins ice cream flavors.
I"ll have to have a Tums chaser.
 
A fruit?? Well surly a pork chop is a vegetable then.
 
Botanically speaking---- tomato is the fruit of the plant. But nutritionists classify it as a vegetable because it is lower in sugar than fruits....

And-- pizza is good food! You *can* make it healthy. It has the bread group(crust), veggie/fruit group (sauce, mushrooms, spinach, artichokes, pineapple, green peppers), dairy group (part-skim mozzarella) and lean meats (canadian bacon or chicken).

However-- I do realize that a guy week undoubtedly doesn't include those toppings-- those are probably "mom" toppings..... and you are really talking about pepperoni pizza with your "wings".

Have a great week with your son!

(and I also seem to remember that you are a pretty good cook---so no worries Mrs. Doug!)
 
Hey,

I just got back from Operation Bicycle Ride Day 2! Not quite so far today, but thought I better get back on while the "gettin' is good"! Rain comes back tomorrow.

I am a little rusty and miscalculated on a shift to get up and over a little incline... popped the gears and got a little "owie" jolt to both knees--- especially the back of my new knee.

So here I sit wrapped up and icing. But it was good to get out on our bikes this weekend. Back to the pool next week.
 
I guess next year I'll see you and Ref in the Tour de France.
I'm using the heating pad now...My knee is telling me we have rain coming.
I tried my new workout today. So much for getting off the pills..Check in about 8pm tonight, I'll be whining about over doing it.....but it was fun!!
 
I whined last night.... back and both knees were yelping.... and popped pill(s).
Do 1/2s count as 1 pill or 2?
 
Hopefully they still count as half or I've got a problem.
 
oh, good. Then I just had one pill.... lol.. makes me feel better.

I do like riding my bicycle and am glad it is one of the "good idea" activities for me. And it is something that Scott and I can do together for exercise.
We live in a nice, flat community so there are many places we can go without having to do much hill-climbing. Oregon is also pretty bike-friendly with a lot of bicycle paths, lanes, and awareness.

Guess I had better get up and get busy. My goal for today is to clean the carpet in the great room. I have been glaring at it for months and really cannot stand it for one more day.

Catch up with you later!
 
Susan58
7 days post-op(Bi-Lat TKR). 2 percocets about every 5 hours. Walking with with walker to bathroom and around house 2x day. Exercises 2x daily.
 
Bless your heart, Susan!! You're just an itty-bitty baby Knee girl!!
You're probably still in a funk - but it'll get better and better and better.
 
Way to go Susan sounds like your doing great hang in there Kiddo it will most definitely get better and better each day .You`ll be in my prayers huggggggggsss JIM :O)
 
Oh, susan Yeah for you, you're on your way to better and better! I remember The jaunts around the house and how much work every singlle step was. God bless ya. You're doing great. Really before you know it you'll be shopping and running errands checking the mail, in time but it's coming. And you'll look back and say how did that happen? It does get better and we'll coach you through.
Beach, I'm watching the Roloff's little people. They are in ORegon right? Beautiful out there. So happy for you with the biking. you go girl.
 
I rode the bike 12 miles today---I rode to my parents' house, and my cyclocomputer on my bike said that it was exactly 12 miles---did it in 57 minutes, too---under an hour. Average speed was just over 12 miles an hour, so that ain't too bad for me at this stage.

Doug-- pizza, wings, celery makes it almost a health food. Garlic bread with cheese---garlic is a mild antibiotic, so that is healthy, too, right???

Tim C.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom