Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

I work in the desert. Camelbak (for water with ice, pockets have some first aid goodies and some snacks), boonie hat, sunscreen.:thumb:

[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

OK, I'm not the most graceful critter out here:blush:, but I do OK. Yeah, its a fear of FALLING, not heights.:hysterical: This truck puts my feet 66 feet off the ground.

I think I'm done with pictures here for a little while. But I keep saying here, I crawl in, on and operate heavy equipment. I'm pretty much able to do everything my job requires me to, and then some...:wink1:




(I really look fat!!!):sigh:
 
Trying to put an image here!:hysterical: If the chair is more the dog's then you need to stop thinking like a Chiwawa and think like a Great Dane

PS Glad to read your wife is doing better and that your foot is picking up! That's all good news!

I'm pretty sure the dog doesn't see me as a Chihuahua... I am Alpha! (footstomp for emphasis) Really, thinking like the dog worked so much better for the male Akita we had, since everyone was onboard with that training. But the Mastiff as a pup was, well, the kids thought she was so cute... She was...

Yes, my wife is doing pretty good, her side is pretty sore from the tubes but I think being home is good for her now.
 
I am so glad your wife is home and doing better. Your dog is beautiful. I have always loved big dogs. I grew up with a Saint Bernard as a pet. Glad the new shoes are working --
Take care,
Greda

Me too. Sure made for a tough two weeks for all of us. I love Saints too. We had 2 females while growing up as well. We borrowed a 210 pound male for stud, but if you look at my right lower leg above, he decided to drag me off by the leg. My dad decided he was too aggressive. My folks stopped counting stitches in my leg at about 130, and the doc wasn't even close to the skin... Yep, to the bone. I was, 12 I think... And yet, big dogs don't bother me.:doggieshmooze:
 
Roger:

I could NEVER do what you do. Get me 10 feet off the ground and I start to get dizzy. You are right, it is not a fear of heights, it is a fear of falling.

Had a 105 pound golden retriever until we had to put him to sleep due to stomach cancer at age five a few years back. He owned my spot on the couch so I really chuckled at your photos of your mastiff on your chair. I love big dogs as well. :doggieshmooze:
 
Jim, I'm not sure I could hop in a rink with a speeding puck without complete body armor... Or stand behind a catcher with fastballs headed for me.

I've no fear of heights, and am going to buy a rock climbing harness before winter. A friend of mine has a rock climbing wall in his basement, its not high, but has lots of hand holds for moving around sideways. It supports me even, and its been fun to work around some his obstacles. But at my weight I can't stay on the wall long. If I buy the harness, I have to lose some weight to make it easier for me to climb again...
 
Hi Roger,

So glad to see your wife is doing better and at home. We won't stop the thought and prayers going her way and yours too.

I love the dog. I am a Great Dane breeder and there is nothing like a big dog around. We had to put our last boy, 10 3/4 years old, down in March (shortly before my surgery). We think he had a stroke. I really have missed him and his "comfort" thru this reovery. As soon as I am healed a bit more we will be looking for a new dog but not sure if it will be another big one. I think I would like a Westie, (The Caesar's dog food dog).

Hope you get the heel issue resolved soon.

Rose Madej
RTKR 6-6-11
 
Another one for the Amazing stories forum, Roger! Thank you! :thumb:
 
There is no way I could do your job...I have fear of heights and I would have a fear of falling as well. As for the Saint grabbing your leg -- that is awful.
My mom has a black lab that is a house dog and he is her other child. She gives him supplements for his hips and to give him the pills --she makes him toast and peanut butter every morning. His hips have been bad since he was 2years old. She had one of his hips replaced when he was just over 3 and he is doing okay. He is 8 now.
Greda
 
Roger:

It sounds like you are in the same boat that I am in that I need to lose more weight which will take some of the pressure off of my new knee. I lost about 30 pounds pre-surgery with virtually no physical activity (Weight Watchers is a marvelous program) but I have about 60 more to go. Yep, I am an overweight hockey ref but I carry it well (or so I tell myself).

It sounds to me like we may have to enter into a friendly wager in order to motivate each other a bit in this regard. Any ideas?
 
Jim, I'm not sure I'm good for any wager. I like to eat and its summer! While I've lost 20 pounds, I'd lose to lose 30 or so more. Realistic? Yes. Although, 30 more after that will be tougher. We'll see.

I keep saying I can make my knee swell a bit and be stiff. Over did things Thursday and it was a bit stiff Friday. Of course, earlier in the week I packed away the ice water circulator...

Earlier today, playing with the big dog (205# English Mastiff), I realized I'd been kneeling for a bit. I also realized, it didn't hurt, but still felt VERY weird...
 
OK, real quick and simple. At the gym, I decided to jog again. 30 minutes on the treadmill, I jogged 5 times for 2 minutes each. 10 minutes total running. No issues with the MCL issue or the heel. Well, now that I've sat a bit the heel is stiff. 20 minutes in the pool, 10 in the jacuzzi... And a planned bike ride in the morning. See how I feel after THIS weekend!

Let me add, while jogging I was being very mindful of my stride and how my feet landed on the belt. I was aiming for a midfoot strike, since I intend to purchase a pair of minimalist running shoes. A trainer was watching me and got one of the other trainers that is more into running to chat with me. He thinks I'm on a good track with my thinking. And of course, was amazed a TKR person was running.
 
Heel bothers me a bit this morning, but with activity its loosening. Off for a short bike ride.
 
So how are you feeling today???
 
Roger, you are making great strides in your recovery. Hopefully your heel will like jogging not complain too much.
 
That ride was literal disaster. I crashed bad. REAL BAD. Never finished. And I don't remember any of it. S0, Ill simply post the thread my friend -posed 0f helmet. I have some serious memory issues still from the consussion, Tried to rip apart one of the brain' blood vessels. From the inside. 2 crushed thoracic vertarbea, now fused, rods and screw to include T7-12. Major road rash on my tight shoulder.I have to wear neckbrace unless I need to b more vertical, then I wear a whole body brace. NO fun. I was finally move to the hospital rehab unit the other day. Earliest I expect to be released is 9Sepetmber. The brace I will be in up to 8 more weeks I have full Range of Motion everywhere, proper feeling everywear. But I also hurt everywear. Might be time considered. tadpole trike. Hurt everywhere but my left knee. Not even scrathced.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...34013319367.2083106.1509593737&type=1&theater

Again I know who lucky I have been. Doesn't take the pain away though...
 
Oh my gosh! Roger, thank God you survived! Do keep us posted.

Your link doesn't work, btw.
 
Geez, Roger. You and your wife just don't NEED any more difficulties! I'm sorry to hear about the crash. We will be thinking of you as you recover.
 
Hope you are feeling better...will be in my prayers.
Greda
 
It is time for things to take a turn to the positive for you and your family. hopefully this is the last of the bad news for you. I hope you heal up quickly.
 
Back
Top Bottom