Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

We do care about you and will with you all the way. Sending prayers and ((((((HUGS))))).
 
I am so sorry to hear about the accident. I will be keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. {{{{{{{{{{Roger}}}}}}}}}.
 
I'm so happy to see you are up to posting us on your progress Roger. :grouphug2:
2, 3, or 4 wheels, it doesn't matter... All can be dangerous! Good thing you were wearing your helmet!
I'm glad to see you are feeling a bit better. Hang in there. I'll still be praying for you! :friends:
 
I saw the cycle - assumed it was a mc.

Delighted you are improving so well.
 
I'm beat. Yesterday afternoon the vendor responsible for my brace came to alter it, and took it away. Which lead to lots frustrations yesterday and This morning. The brace was returned just before noon today. SOOOO much better fit. Which lead to a highly compressed OT session and back to back PT sessions. So I was exhausted afterwards.

But I covered lots of distance, managed a lot of time standing, lots of getting up and down from chairs. But the biggie today was STAIRS! I climbed their short stack several ways. I still have some strength to gain, some extra work getting myself dressed. Wife and daughter get me in and out of the brace very well. No way I can get it myself.

While this recovery is seriously different than my knee recovery, at least I'm not dealing with that instability. So I feel much stronger and confident having gone through some of the same exercises just a few months ago.

So I've run the gammut of emotions today. In the end, I'm doing very well as a survivor. Today has been a breakover day no doubt.

And as luck has it , my knee PT seems to be the "Go To" locally for back surgery as well. My wife is going to see if he has a spot for me tomorrow.
 
Sounds like you are improving --will continue keeping you in my prayers.
Greda
 
Glad to hear how well you are doing. Hope you continue to get stronger and better. Keeping you in my prayers and sending you hugs
 
Prayers, hugs, good thoughts, offhanded comments, all are appreciated.

Tonight's update isn't as earth shattering as last night other than, it looks like I can go home Monday. Yesterdays breakthrough was very much a breakthrough, on all fronts for me. I still hurt and will for a while, out of energy quickly, but better than last week. Occupational and physical therapists have worked with the family to get them ready for me as well, and all agree, there isn't much more to offer me. So unless something changes, I'm home sooner than expected. I have a long and rough ride ahead, no doubt.

Whats nice is to see my wife feeling more energetic for a change, and this might be the spark she has needed. So we will recover together.

Getting back to work might take a bit longer, but they are being as helpful as can be. Its nice to have their support.

I already have grabrails for the shower and toilets (already have comfort height toilets) a shower chair. we're swapping beds till I can sleep on my waterbed. Seriously, I love it, but its days are numbered!!! Time for a new bed.

And I have an appointment with the same therapist that worked with me on my knee. And plenty of folks have already told him my situation and I thnk he already may have a plan of action for me. Oh boy!

I'm just grateful that I have full feeling and function. Again, I know how lucky I've been.

Later!
 
Roger, you were truly blessed with a guardian angel! Biking has never been my favorite type of past-time since I had a severe accident as a child....showing off in front of the guys left me battered & bruised for 2 months. I still have scars on my face & right side of my body. My neighbor told me I looked like Frankenstein. Bad memories.

Lifting you up in prayers for a speedy recovery.
Take Care!
Darlene
 
Roger,

It's good to hear that you are on the path to recovery. Hopefully your family can have a good period of time in which hospitals aren't your home-away-from-home! Best of luck to you and your wife.
 
Roger, you are a force to be reckoned with....such an inspiration and dedicated to getting back in the game. I'm sure there will be challenges, but I have no doubt that you will come through them like the shining star you are. God bless you and your family. Sometimes these really bad things end up making everyone closer....I'm just thankful to read of all you have accomplished so far. It's truly a miracle and shows what hard work and a determined mind can do. ((((HUGS))))
 
Jamie, I'm blushing. Seriously, this has been an emotional day for me, as I've had a few snippets of memory After I made it to the hospital. But nothing of the accident (I really don't want to yet either...).

Darlene, that sounds like a horrible memory. From my side of thinking, all the wrecking I did as a kid showing off taught to check my bike first, then see if what I was about to do was worth it...
I'm looking forward to getting out of this lumpy hospital bed. A real bed and a big body pillow and I can sleep far enough over to at least get off my back.

Tarheel, I really hope we can break this habit of hospitals for a while (years!) , this is getting old!

I have a ton of work ahead, but will get where I get as I get there. The nurses and therapists here all love my attitude... I can't force this to meet my schedule. At the same time, I can't imagine being a spectator in life just yet....
 
Rog, Attitude is everything! Yours is obviously great - Keep it up and you will be back to doing what you want to in no time. You are a great inspiration for the rest of us. :thumb:
 
Thanks Jim... Today is slow, no therapy. I'm so anxious to go home and the clock is moving so slow... I was happy to get some stretching out of the way yesterday and Friday, but think foam roller therapy might be good too. Especially a couple weeks ago for me when I was in such pain EVERYWHERE. I'm just so happy everything clicked the other day...
 
Roger, you needed a day of rest, my friend. I'm always happy to see you've posted because I know it means you are still making progress. It's slow, I know....but progress nonetheless.
 
It was indeed good to rest. No therapy on Sunday's here. The coming days might not be easy or fun, but at least I'll be home. And maybe I can get caught up with everyone again here...
 
Somehow I missed your thread. What a terrible accident! Thank God you survived and are now recovering. I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Back
Top Bottom