Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

still tryin to fid the sliver lining. Hard to typ a these angles. Had best day yet in therapy, look forward to more. Pain is indecescrable. And hard to stay on top of. Still big memory gaps. M sister isedning me her iPad wth bome psycm/memory stufff. AS well easier to typ wth... more later, i'm beat
 
Indeed it is a helmet! Aren't you glad you had it on? That could have been your skull! :hate-shocked:
 
Roger, my gosh!!! I can't believe this happened to you!

I've always heard that 4 wheelers can be really dangerous and now I believe it. My prayers are with you. You are strong and determined. It's a positive step to be making these steps forward in therapy.

Please let us know how you are doing when you can.
 
Sorry to read you have had such a bad accident. I hope that you're concussion does not leave to much damage and that your memory does all come back.
I am so sorry you have hurt your back so badly. You must be in terrible pain. Once you past the healing phase, you have a long recovery to go through. My only advice is hang in there, you are a though guy and you will get back on your feet. :friends:
 
Roger, I've been away from the board and when I logged on to read your progress, I didn't think I'd be reading this! I am so very thankful that you weren't hurt worse, even though your injuries were bad enough--even life threatening. Were you on the trail or on asphalt when you crashed?? Your helmet did it's job of protecting you and it's now time to give it a proper send away. Thank goodness that your knee wasn't included in the damage report. Now the hard part comes with rest, therapy and medication--something that's hard to swallow for an active TKR'er. I hope you will heal well and that therapy will be less painful with each passing day.

One of our cycling partners took a nasty fall when his front wheel came into contact with wet sand and it went out from under him. He crashed so hard that he won a trip to the trauma center and had a couple of metal plates put in his cheek and above his eye. He was very lucky that he had only a mild concussion.

They say that cycling is a no contact sport. Gravity can be a bummer sometimes.
 
Rogery.....I've been thinking about you and hope things are getting a bit better for you. You are in my prayers.
 
Indeed it is a helmet! Aren't you glad you had it on? That could have been your skull! :hate-shocked:
Yes, it was my helmet. I'm going to send the manufcturere a photo and short story of my accident. And hope to get a free replacement.

FIRM believer in helmets for MANY years.
 
Roger, my gosh!!! I can't believe this happened to you!

I've always heard that 4 wheelers can be really dangerous and now I believe it. My prayers are with you. You are strong and determined. It's a positive step to be making these steps forward in therapy.

Please let us know how you are doing when you can.

I think you missed the part where I said it was a BICYCLE accident, a road bike. Front tire went flat at 30 or so MPH...
 
I think you missed the part where I said it was a BICYCLE accident, a road bike. Front tire went flat at 30 or so MPH...


Ohhhhh......quite so!!! Somehow I did miss that!!! Gee......not much you can do about a tire going out on you, I guess. Thank heavens for that helmet!!! By gosh, the company SHOULD send you a free one and more! You just proved how valuable their product is for safety and to save lives!
 
So I was moved into the physical rehab section of the hospital a week ago this evening.I'm still having some issue with BM... I have good bowel sounds, pass gas. But then again I didn't eat anything for a week. I have indeed had a couple good BMs, but nothing regular. I am currently doing better stayin in top of pain with 12 hour doses of Oxycontin and short term Oxycodone for breakover/therapy. This is settling some now and I am usually asking whats next at the end of every session. I feel my strength and energy coming back. I don't need help in or out of bed, or chairs, or the commode.

My brace was adjusted last week, but needs it again. Hoping tomorrow for that, hard get any sort of comfort sitting up all.

I have really long road ahead me. Thanks to my friends here, It will go a bit easier.
 
Glad you are feeling a bit better Roger. You know the routine...take it easy, rest so you can heal, and stay on top of your pain. :thumb:
 
Back
Top Bottom