Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

Things might be on the upswing here. Which is good. Waiting to see a couple things. But surgery might be off the table again. Fingers crossed...

New shoes. I love shopping local business'. Sure I may pay more now and again. But sometimes, I get a deal I can't walk away from... I got these Pearl Izumi SynchroFloat IV But not the $110, or even the $88 online price... Nope. $70 after tax. On sale to make room for the new replacements. They are a fledgling running store in a new market. And I've enjoyed every visit. I can report, that my heel feels even better now than it did yesterday. OK, I got the message. No more cheaply built shoes. Ever.
 
She's just a 205# sweetheart... Watch out for that tail, I think she has made every one of my male friends take a knee...:eek:
[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

She likes camping and riding in the Jeep. And weighs a lot more than my wife who also likes camping and riding in the Jeep... My wife is 5'10" to give perspective for the dog... NONE of my girls are particularly morning people! Especially that little one...

That was almost 2 years ago, last camping of the season, note the frost on the hood of the Jeep... My PT friend and her family, and my very best friend and family had a good outing.

Last year was only twice... Once with my friend and his charming young daughters...
[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee


Sadly, none so far this year.:gaah: There is still good weather ahead though...
 
Looks like your living the good life there Roger! Glad you make time for such outings. Our daughter wanted a Mastiff for a while but we already had two dog's so it was a flat out no.
 
My wife keeps thinking we need a puppy. She doesn't have the energy for one, and I don't have the time to teach it right. Besides, the rest of the family screwed up my training of the Mastiff...:hissyfit:
[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee

Can't keep her off the furniture...:what:

That recliner is so big, my head doesn't hang over the top, nor my feet off the rest... And I'm 6'3"... My wife's recliner is the same, exactly the same. Dog won't sit in hers. Just mine.:DOH:

Truth be told, I've had puppy fever for quite some time...
 
I think you have things wrong....looks like this recliner is HERS and she sometimes might let YOU sit in it!!
 
Training got easier when I started thinking like a dog...
 
Shes 7 years old now. She never really grew into those paws.

So the docs are happy with the drainage, Xray today looked OK, waiting now to see the results of a CT Scan done this afternoon. This is the big decision, if they are happy, she'll be home in a couple more days. If not, the surgeons get a crack... Yeah, see if I get any sleep tonight.

I had dinner with my son's inlaws. Charming people, way too many kids floating around (they have family visiting and I think there were 12 kids under 10 total...) . Coming from smaller families, even reunions weren't large and noisy, this was a shock to my system. Answered a zillion questions about TKR...
 
Sounds like you are fast becoming the "go to" guy for TKRs in your family!!!
 
Everyone they "know" with TKR were friend of a friend/relative kind of thing. ANd the outlandish things I heard, WOW! They were happy to hear and see how things went for me. My ears are still ringing for all the kid noise!

During lunch today I took a walk. Don't know how far, but it was about an hour. Open desert, half my Camelbak (water in a backpack) and relatively soft (rained last night). Knee feels great, heel is a bit sore, but good. Even jogged a little to see how the heel felt. I'll add some more on the treadmill over the next few weeks.

Supposed to hear from the docs about removing the tube or surgery for my wife. Pins and needles here... I hate waiting.
 
YEA! She gets to come home tomorrow, as long as nothing builds overnight now that the second tube has been removed. Here's hoping things go her way for a change...
 
Wife is home. Tired, but home.

You know, these new sneakers feel really good. I even jogged a bit today, just to get where I was going quicker than walking. Heel feels pretty good, but maybe I need to let it heal a bit more before stressing it too much. Soft surface though, so not as jarring. Co-worker with me today was floored...
 
I'm so glad to hear your wife is doing better and was able to come home!!! I know that is a weight from your shoulders. Here's hoping things continue to go well for her (and for you!!!)
 
Training got easier when I started thinking like a dog...

Trying to put an image here!:hysterical: If the chair is more the dog's then you need to stop thinking like a Chiwawa and think like a Great Dane

PS Glad to read your wife is doing better and that your foot is picking up! That's all good news!
 
I am so glad your wife is home and doing better. Your dog is beautiful. I have always loved big dogs. I grew up with a Saint Bernard as a pet. Glad the new shoes are working --
Take care,
Greda
 
Back
Top Bottom