Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

Jamie, that first week is a doozy. I won't even consider presenting a plan like that...

And I am finally giving up any dreams of being a MMA fighter...
 
:hysterical: Probably a good thing, Roger!!!!
 
Not sure where to begin. Friday the 30th, my wife fell down the stairs. She suffered breaks in her C2 and T5 vertebra. She also broke her left wrist. She has osteoporosis, and vitamin D deficiencies. If she didn't have these issues, she might have just had the bump on her head and been sore. In the next day or so, she will be moved to a rehab facility. She is wearing a similar cervical collar as I am. But she is wearing a different padded TLSO brace that she can get on and off herself.

Me, I'm mentally exhausted. Looking forward to therapy this afternoon. Weird, right? I had been toying with going back to work tomorrow. But I think I will put that off till Monday now. I'm not using much in the way of break over pain Meds so far. Which is good so far.

On a positive note, I don't believe my home scale. This morning it says I weighed 261 pounds. That means I've lost 32 pounds in the last 6 weeks. Wow. Least I've weighed in 7 years. 20 more pounds will be cool. More would be better. I don't have a goal right now, other than healing, therapy and being healthy.

I'm really tired of all this bad news. I could use more good than bad.
 
Roger,

If you two didn't have bad luck you would have no luck at all. Thoughts and prayers are going to both of you. Hope her stay will be a short one.

Wishing you both a speedy recovery. Please send are good wishes to your wife.
 
Roger,
I am so sorry about your wife. I hope you don't rush your recovery. You both will be in my prayers.
Greda
 
Roger, I think you need to lock yourselves into a padded room until this bad spell passes. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you see some good things come your way.
 
Roger, please give your wife a huge BoneSmartie hug from all of us. You will both be in my prayers. While this isn't something you needed right now, I know you will get through it. Do be as knd as possible to your body. This added stress will impact you also. God bless you both!!!
 
Roger ~

I know from personal experience how difficult something like this can be for a recovering knee patient. Try as hard as you can to get extra rest, because the mental strain causes so much more physical strain, and you need to sleep.


((((HUGS)))) to you and to your wife, and wishes for quick recoveries for both of you as well. God's blessings on both of you ~
 
Oh poor lady! Please add me in to the cyber hug. And you too, of course, Roger! :wink1:
 
Thanks all. Best part of the whole thing? My knee doesn't hurt any at all. More later, but it looks like my wife will be moving to the same rehab unit I was in at the hospital. For awhile, it looked like they were going to send to a different facility. So she will see the same people I saw, and they are good.
 
That must be a load off your mind, Roger. Are you getting in extra rest here and there? The staff will think you are a cute couple with matching cervical collars.
 
(gentle) hugs for zjrog & Mrs.zjrog
 
Thanks all... I had considered returning to work today. But with all going on, chose to wait till Monday.

Rest? I still sneak a nap in where I can.

And yes, hospital staff have already commented on the collars. Neat thing the other day, physical therapy guy remembered me from my time in the hospital, before I went to the rehab unit.

She is all settled in her new room, and has had all the evaluations done. Tomorrow, she begins physical and occupational therapies... I hope she takes it all on board...

Turnaround? I'm not real sure I'd know how to handle good news consistently... :)
 
Roger,

If you two didn't have bad luck you would have no luck at all. Thoughts and prayers are going to both of you. Hope her stay will be a short one.

Wishing you both a speedy recovery. Please send are good wishes to your wife.


My exact thoughts, too! Roger---I hope things make a change for the better---and soon. You have been through a tremendous ordeal, as well as your wife, too.

Hang in there and we will keep praying for you and your wife!
 
Unbelievable! I am sure that you have started asking yourself "What next?"
Hopefully next is full recovery for both you and your wife. Hang in there and keep it positive. This too shall pass.
 
I'm not real sure I'd know how to handle good news consistently... :)
oh, Roger. It must feel like that. But as the man said "this too shall pass". (No idea what man but I like the quote!)
 
Oh my, don't I know how THAT mess looks!!!! Yes, that was pretty neat!
 
Back
Top Bottom