Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

Roger,

It is so good to see a bit of your humor coming back to your posts. Keep up the good work and you'll be back before you(we) know it. Oonly good thoughts
and prayers going your way.
 
I could sit back and play victim, or suck it up and move forward... Humpor and sarcasm are a way of life. Without humor, might as well get fit for a pine box.
 
My sister got me an iPad 2. This thing is interesting, and a steep unlearning curve. But cool.

Therapy Thursday was really good. Stamina is up. What I want to do and can do aren't so far apart. Nate, my PT, is doing his best to hold me back, but keep me moving. If that makes sense.

Never a spectator. My new motto. I have friends stopping by shortly to kidnap me. I have no idea what's happening, but I may regret my new motto!

More later!
 
Boy, do I ever LOVE your perspective on life!!! God bless you, hon! You are going to spin this into a positive experience.....

Hope you have fun being kidnapped!!
 
Have fun with your new iPad 2 - great way to stay up to date on this forum and their is a great app that is free called AppShopper - it is updated in real-time with free apps or apps which have been reduced in price - great way to keep busy in between updates on the forum.

Best of luck on your continued recovery ...


Dale
 
I got an iPad and sent it back. Couldn't get the hang of it and it wouldn't let me post on forums! :hissyfit:
 
I got an iPad and sent it back. Couldn't get the hang of it and it wouldn't let me post on forums! :hissyfit:

Oh, no, Josephine! I spend half my life on my iPad 2! I have posted everything I've ever posted on this forum from my iPad! I truly couldn't imagin life without it. Same for my iPhone. It would be like going back to cooking on a wood stove!
 
Well, I'm reasonably techno-savvy but there comes a point when it hits a brick wall. I'd love to get an iPhone but I fear the same would apply. *sigh* if only I had a niece or a grandchild to teach me! :th_heehee:
 
Well, this and my previous post are from my iPad. App store has been avoided so far... Need to decide how this fits into my tech world.

So my friend and my daughter set up a good morning for me. Kidnapping wasn't planned well since I couldn't fit his Subaru Outback! So off we went in my full-size truck. I completely forgot there was a rock crawling event locally, which is what we did. WERock is a national series that is full of great folks and allows fans a competitors to mingle closely. We took a lawn chair for me to use, so I didn't have to stand the whole time. But I broke the chair (it's only 15years old), but it's fixable. I managed to stick around almost 3 hours, but only 20 minutes once the chair broke.

I wound up taking a nap later in the afternoon, out of the shell. Out of the shell is bliss...

Jamie, I always hope my outlook could be contagious since I can't bottle it and sell it!
 
And I got my bike back today. The front wheel isn't in bad shape, looks like just a dent on the edge from rock once the tire went flat. The rest of the bike looks fine, cosmetic only. My wife and I are still arguing my riding a bike again, and won't even discuss the motorcycle I still want next spring...
 
I could sit back and play victim, or suck it up and move forward... Humpor and sarcasm are a way of life. Without humor, might as well get fit for a pine box.

So true. I love your attitude you are an inspiration to me
 
Well, this and my previous post are from my iPad. App store has been avoided so far... Need to decide how this fits into my tech world.

So my friend and my daughter set up a good morning for me. Kidnapping wasn't planned well since I couldn't fit his Subaru Outback! So off we went in my full-size truck. I completely forgot there was a rock crawling event locally, which is what we did. WERock is a national series that is full of great folks and allows fans a competitors to mingle closely. We took a lawn chair for me to use, so I didn't have to stand the whole time. But I broke the chair (it's only 15years old), but it's fixable. I managed to stick around almost 3 hours, but only 20 minutes once the chair broke.

I wound up taking a nap later in the afternoon, out of the shell. Out of the shell is bliss...

Jamie, I always hope my outlook could be contagious since I can't bottle it and sell it!

I have only been home from hospital for about ten days, but I'm getting cabin fever already! I wish somebody would come kidnap me! It sounds like a wonderful gesture on your friend and daughter's part, and it was really sweet of them to try. At least they thought to bring a chair!
 
And I got my bike back today. The front wheel isn't in bad shape, looks like just a dent on the edge from rock once the tire went flat. The rest of the bike looks fine, cosmetic only. My wife and I are still arguing my riding a bike again, and won't even discuss the motorcycle I still want next spring...


Roger,

I agree with your wife at this point, if I were you I wouldn't even think about it. You have the greatest spirit I have seen in a long time, but the hardest head LOL:th_heehee:. At least heal from this accident before you go out and try to have another one.:yahoo: Keep on keeping on and hope you are well healed very soon.
 
Oh why not? Accidents are just that - accidents. No need to assume that one will inevitably lead to another.
If our Rog wants to get back in the saddle again, all power to him, I say!
 
Glad your friends brought you back from your "kidnapping" Roger. I was thinking we'd have to raise some $$ to pay your ransom & get you back here. :snork: Good to hear you're out of the shell.
 
Out of the house, but the shell remains! (shell=brace)

I feel I must get back on the bike. I have already agreed to some limits, like no downhills for speed.
 
Back
Top Bottom