Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

Got home yesterday, got some short walks in yesterday and today. Body pillow was incredible to get off my back a bit. Been a bit busier today, and figured out how to get the laptop where I can see it and use it some... Not easy with this brace on. Stopped and saw my PT to make sure he had the hospital and PT notes, and he does have a plan for me, see him Thursday for my appointment...

More as there is more... But, home is awesome!
 
Glad you made it home...it has to great to be around your own things again. I know you will be the star of PT.
Greda
 
glad you made it home. I always find it easier to recover when I am home in my own bed or couch whatever I find I can sleep on. I usually have to start on my couch since my pups want to climb in bed with me. Give em heck at PT
 
Roger ~

Glad to hear that you are home and enjoying being there! Nothing like being in your own comfy space to make you feel better. It sounds as if your PT has a plan for you, and I'm sure that with your determination, you'll conquer whatever it is! :yes 4:


God's blessings on your continued recovery ~ :thumb:
 
Thanks and big hugs out to all! Anxious to get to PT tomorrow...
 
PT was for evaluation, but he still wore me out. I will be seeing him twice a week at first... My stamina is way way down...
 
Hi Roger, it sounds like you are making progress a little bit each day. I hope you are able to get a little more comfortable so that you can rest. Are your doggies staying close by to help daddy? They can be little spirit boosters when you need it the most. Ok, maybe the mastiff isn't so little. Hopefully she hasn't claimed your body pillow as her new bed.

Regarding the memory of your crash....I once took a bad spill and endoed on pavement. I remember braking and then feeling my teeth scrape the pavement as I slid to a stop. It happened 6 years ago and I still draw a blank about the crash. Some things are better left forgotten.
 
Sounds like they have a good plan for you and now you're on the road to getting your life back again. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.
 
The Mastiff is doing her level best to make sure I can manage obstacles... And she loves to rest her head on my feet...

PT plans are to improve stamina. But as the back gets better, and the docs allow me out of the brace for PT, core work is the plan.

Today I covered the most distance since I got home. And I've explored a few things to try and do for myself. Nothing big, I can get my shoes and socks on, but can't tie them. Yet. Its nice to be sort of flexible for a fat guy...

The more I think about it, the less I care to remember the actual accident.
 
Sounds great.....you're making progress!!!
 
Karmigirl, lol. Where's the fun in that? :wink1: Roger is one for a challenge and I'll bet tying his shoes is right up there with sitting up longer in a chair. Uggs do offer nice slippers though.
 
Sunflower,

Are you saying tying his shoes ranks right up there with jumping off his ATV?:th_heehee:

:doggieshmooze:This must be the mastiff licking his toes.
 
I'm not a fan of loafers. I hate the feeling of them slipping off the feet. Hmmm, maybe getting to tie my own shoes IS a bit of the challenge, like seeing how it felt jumping off the ATV.

The hard part raising the Mastiff was getting her NOT to eat/chew/lick shoes...
 
Back
Top Bottom