TKR Rita's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coniglietta----:dancy::egypdance::happydance: SUPER---TERRIFIC---HIP! HIP! HOORAY!:happydance::egypdance::dancy: STANDING TALL!
 
I would apply ice to the knee joint itself, but I used heat on my quads and my hamstrings to loosen them up prior to stretching---it helped a great deal. The warmer the muscle, the more elastic it will become.
 
Thanks referee that makes so much sense, I got in the situation through not warming up properly for years when I was weight training how stupid I was then. My hamstrings are quite tight so a little heat may loosen them up for my heel slides, and my quads have disappeared. Thanks for the information will start that today.
Oh well done Rita, dont you feel better after a good nights sleep :yes!:, I was awake myself at 4.20 but took some paracetamol and rubbed in the old hip with Tiger Balm and then drifted straight back off till 8 !
Think we have cracked it now dont you ?
Have a great day everyone,
Ciao Viv xxx
 
What a wonderful knee moment you had there, locking you knee! I bet it was a little like the whole future opening up to you with that little motion! Possibilities!!
 
Hi Janet, Yes it was brilliant, I had physio today and was told my bend is fine its the straightening I have a problem with. I have had bent knees for so many years that all my muscles have to be retrained but that "locking in" moment has given me hope that I can do this and have straight knees again! Physio was not pleasant but bearable and knowing that all the exercises I do will strengthen my muscles its worth it a million times over. :yes:
Going to ask my son if I can have his exercise bike down in lounge so that I can do some work on that too.:bicycle1: lol here's hoping !
Hope everyone is doing great,
Love to all,
Viv xx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Rita's recovery
This just may be the high point of my day! Thanks, Elisea.
 
I think I am unwell - I just dusted the sitting room (I could see the dust gathering around the Get Well cards!) May need an appointment with a Therapist - oh just remembered I am a trained counsellor, better give myself a good talking to :whistle:
 
Rita, Rita, Rita! Dust! Take TWO pain pills and go BACK to sleep my dear! Dusting does not exercise the knee, it excercising the arms! Wrong part of the body my dear!:heehee: Did you skip a dose of pain pills, maybe?
You know now that you mentioned dust, where does it all come from? If you dust it away, it's back again the next day or so, so why not leave it until company comes?! :loll:
Now back to your problem, close your eyes and rest! NO DUST!:sleep:
 
Oooooh, I like that plan a lot highland pony! Today starts a whole new day! :cheers: Thanks kiddo, I just threw away all the duster thing-a-mag-gies! I feel sooo liberated! :angel:
 
Have just been reading Josephine's 'Home Physio' schedule & I shouldn't be dusting until weeks 4-5!!! Oh my, I'm going to be in lots of trouble :scary:
 
I know that feeling, the head says go and the knees say no. I have even pushed the hoover around the lounge and hung out the washing in the garden. Isn't it awful to still have to act like an invalid when you mentally feel ok ?
I did the weekly shopping in Tesco yesterday, on two crutches, and then decided I was doing too much and my husband got me and invalid wheelie that was battery powered. I could not work it lol, my daughter was most put out by mother having to use one of these :whistle: she walked a suitable distance behind me so that her image was not impaired. I thought it was funny.... Today of course I am paying for it, so icing, elevating and resting.
I am only taking paracetamol and naproxen during the day, its working marvellously, and instead of tramadol (which was thoroughly depressing my mood) I now take two co-dydramol at night to help me sleep. I slept well last night :yay:.
Hope you are doing ok and that the weather in your part of the world is good. Here its muggy, damp with the threat of rain any minute.
Love Viv xx
 
I know that feeling, the head says go and the knees say no. I have even pushed the hoover around the lounge and hung out the washing in the garden. Isn't it awful to still have to act like an invalid when you mentally feel ok ?
I did the weekly shopping in Tesco yesterday, on two crutches, and then decided I was doing too much and my husband got me and invalid wheelie that was battery powered. I could not work it lol, my daughter was most put out by mother having to use one of these :whistle: she walked a suitable distance behind me so that her image was not impaired. I thought it was funny.... Today of course I am paying for it, so icing, elevating and resting.
I am only taking paracetamol and naproxen during the day, its working marvellously, and instead of tramadol (which was thoroughly depressing my mood) I now take two co-dydramol at night to help me sleep. I slept well last night :yay:.
Hope you are doing ok and that the weather in your part of the world is good. Here its muggy, damp with the threat of rain any minute.
Love Viv xx
Am also taking Paracetamol & Naproxen (night time co-dydramol seems like a good idea, might try it) Am also hanging out the washing etc etc. Haven't done the supermarket yet am happy to leave it a bit. Aren't we doing well - yippee:thumb: If the only thing that is suffering is your daughter's image then that's good!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom