THR RinTinTin Recovery Thread

Hi RinTinTin! This is so unbelievable, we are in December now! Tomorrow is the day before your surgery.. how cool is that?
I can picture you getting wheeled into the surgery with bells on your toes. :heehee: I hope that sounds ok, what I mean by that is I bet you will be celebrating, big time!

I wish for you a calm, easy day tomorrow and look forward to hearing about your surgery when you're ready. :flwrysmile:

Hello @RinTinTin
Wishing you a relaxing evening and a sense of peace as you travel to your surgery site in the morning. You'll be on my mind. Prayers for your comfort now and as you begin your recovery journey and trek toward a fabulous New Year! Will look forward to your first post once you're feeling up to it. :)
Hugs

Wishing you the best tomorrow, know you're going to come through like a champ! Now you'll be able to really concentrate on recovering and starting the new year out pain free! :friends:

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 9.51.30 PM.png

:happydance::praying: will be keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow morning! You are on your way! So excited for you.

Will be thinking of you., fellow double hippie! You will be so relieved after the surgery and on your way to a new chapter. So happy you have early surgery. I was the last slot ( 12:30) both times because I filled a cancellation spot and my husband did everything to keep me distracted. Before you know it, you'll be in your room.

Hi, my double hippy friend!:chuckmarch:

Hope you slept through this one without the audio like last time?:flabber:
I know you said it felt like a non-event but does seem like it would cross your mind this time?
Didn't want to bring it up prior...I can imagine you did have a slight case of nerves?:unsure:

Love to hear all is well with you and you are scheduled to get home soon so you can assume the position.:ice:

I know this isn't your first rodeo, but here's a second set of recovery guidelines for review for #2.
There might be a test:heehee:
Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary​
2. Control discomfort
rest
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​

3. Do what you want to do BUT​
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you​
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​

4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these

5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

6. Access to these pages on the website

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

In my room again. Scheduled to stay for 2 nights. All went well and yes I heard the carpentry noise again. I was talking to the anesthesiologist (different one today) and mentioned my previous experience. She said that unfortunately they cannot sedate my hearing and people that have sensitive hearing will sometimes wake up to the sound. She said to signal her if it bothers me and she will add more “happy” solution. Fortunately it did not bother me. Some 6 + hour after the surgery... pain is still minimal and spirit is up.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom