Guest viewing is limited

THR RinTinTin Recovery Thread

@RinTinTin Before I get up to walk, I look around and think if there is anything that needs to go where I am going or can drop off along the way, to save steps.
You brought a smile on my face... that's exactly what I am doing too...
I’m finally at the point where before I get up I don’t first think.... gee, do I really need to get up. It took a while but I got there and so will you! It’s all worth it.
 
Congratulations! You are getting closer and Step 1 is now completed.. Only 3 weeks? My goodness, it will start going quickly now. :yay:
 
You are doing so well at balancing everything out and not pushing. The days are starting to tick off and before you know you'll be ready to go. You do have this! :friends:
 
Saw my PT at the hospital today. The ROM of the operated hip is very good. She tested my strength (muscle resistance) and told me I have strong muscles.
She is looking forward working with me after my second surgery. The first Post surgery PT appointment already booked for Dec 17th - 2 weeks after the surgery.
Was told the hospital recently changed their policy towards the post-op PT and are now booking patients two weeks after the surgery rather than one week to allow them to heal a bit
:)
 
It's happening, it's real. You're one day closer to beginning the journey toward pain free for Lefty also. Hope you have a peaceful evening!
@RinTinTin
 
So glad to hear that your muscles are strong with good ROM, that is wonderful news!!
You remained stoic and patient through all of your hip journey and soon, Rin soon, you will have 2 great hips to stand on!
Look out all of you messy garages and storage areas, he's coming for you! :SUNsmile:
 
Hi @RinTinTin
Hope you are managing okay and keeping your eye on the prize as December nears...
Stay well and eat healthy...not so much longer now.:) :-) (:

Yes, December is approaching. I am just walking as much as I can (which is really not a lot). The worst is when I get up and try to walk... My lefty is not cooperative and sometimes I find myself dragging it.
Couple more weeks... :)
 
So glad to hear that your muscles are strong with good ROM, that is wonderful news!!
You remained stoic and patient through all of your hip journey and soon, Rin soon, you will have 2 great hips to stand on!
Look out all of you messy garages and storage areas, he's coming for you! :SUNsmile:

I just hope the other one will go as smoothly as the first one. I know I will then make it strong :)
So looking forward getting back to work but I know it won't happen before late February or early March.
 
December is right around the corner though I am sure it feels far away. My 6m wait seemed like it would never end and then it was here.

It will be great to have both done so close together and to our can get on with recovery and life.

You have been so supportive to so many here. Thank you for sharing.
 
@RinTinTin;

I am starting to follow ad write to everyone who has been encouraging me and I notice that you are going to be a double hippie soon like me (3/29 and last week)

How is your recovery going? My recovery from hip [HASH=121]#1([/HASH] march) was good until about month 2 when hip #2 started to deteriorate and I was in shock. They thought it was because of all the limping etc with pre and post hip #1 and insisted on steroid shots 2 months apart. That worked for about a month but then the pain came back worse. I was lucky that the surgeon had a cancellation and I was scheduled for last week. I swaths as a miracle for me! I have been very angry over these back to back surgeries but finally happy they are over. I am sure you will be too if you have been struggling with hip problems for awhile. My husband totally understands and has witnessed the daily struggle but most people have no clue what it's really like. This has been a real eye opener for me about my age and limitations , almost a late life crisis, sorry to say. This forum has been wonderful and so supportive because I know I will get through this and be a better person on the other side. I am going to have a new granddaughter in Jan to look forward to. I am tapering off pain meds because I don't like the way I feel, they make me mopey , brain foggy and the rest.

Good luck. You will be feeling so much better by the New Year and we will both glad that 2019 is over!!
 
Hi @ritabell,
Congrats on your new granddaughter...
Me too I am getting double grandpa soon. My grandson is 4 and granddaughter is due just couple days before Christmas! I am so excited!
As per my recovery... I am doing the best I can. In fact, I don't do much, just walking as much as I can, stoping when the "bad" hip starts hurting.
I agree with you.... this forum has been more than wonderful. I learned so much since I joined, mostly how to be patient.
Hope you are doing fine and you are listening to your body!
:)
 
Those grandchildren will help keep you motivated to get back to your active lifestyle, won't they? What a nice Christmas gift, along with your other hip..
You sound so good. You have the patience part down pat. Good on you!!
 
Those grandchildren will help keep you motivated to get back to your active lifestyle, won't they? What a nice Christmas gift, along with your other hip..
You sound so good. You have the patience part down pat. Good on you!!

So true. A little problem though... My son lives 4000 km away with his family and I won't be able to go and see my granddaughter till I get the clearance to fly. How long before we can fly? I know some people a brave and do it soon.
:)
 
Hi @RinTinTin
Happy Sunday!!! Sorry your grandbaby is so far away!
I would think that I would want to wait at least 3 months to plan a trip involving flying. Just because of how I felt when I was recovering.
But maybe it would not be the same for you.
If you do plan an earlier trip, here is some tips from our library.
 
Thanks for the link @Mojo333.
I asked my OS the same question on my last visit. What he said surprised me a bit... but then... it does make sense.
Yes, they don't recommend flying too soon because of the danger of blood clothes.
Once we are off blood thinners (I had to take a pill a day for 21 days after my first THR) we are pretty much okay to fly. He said that all people are in the same danger and he always recommend everyone taking an aspirin if the flight is longer than 4 hours.

Nor sure if anyone else heard different advises.
 
I'm sure its safer to fly earlier than the timeline of 3 months...I just know that is when it was when I was feeling much less tight and sore.
If I had a new grandbaby to visit, I'm certain I would be able to get there much sooner!
It will be so nice to have two good hips and I'm so glad the time is drawing near.
I've been inundated with donations and volunteers preparing Thanksgiving boxes for needy families...and my hips have held up perfectly. The rest of me is TIRED :) :-) (:
 
Last edited:

Members online

Back
Top Bottom