Guest viewing is limited

THR RinTinTin Recovery Thread

The blessings I receive far outweigh the ones I give.:yes:
Honored to be able to bring some relief and happiness to folks that are struggling.
Everyone can find someone to help...even if it is only a smile, a kind word or a hug.:) :-) (:
See it here every day!:loveshwr:
 
@RinTinTin I have heard similar to what your Dr told you. I think a lot will depend on how you are feeling after the second hip replacement.
You sure do have something to look forward to, though!
My grands live far away, too. I get to see them in January, though. Can't wait!
So, tell me about your new hip, do you still have any muscle soreness? Or limited ROM?
It seems like that hip easily became a part of you with no looking back!
 
What an exciting thing to look forward to...a new addition to the family. I was just out purchasing a baby gift for my nieces newborn yesterday and looking at those tiny baby clothes sure takes one back. That sweet baby scent, their soft warm little bodies. I'll bet you have your eye on the prize of some baby cuddling in your near future. :yes: Congrats, I'm happy for you!

You are an example of patience. Kindness too. Thanks for all of your generous support here. It's much appreciated. Wishing you comfort as you limp to the finish line. At only nine days to go...you're almost there!

Have a lovely Sunday and week!
@RinTinTin
 
@RinTinTin
So, tell me about your new hip, do you still have any muscle soreness? Or limited ROM?
It seems like that hip easily became a part of you with no looking back!

My operated hip is doing well... or that's how I feel. My left one is preventing me to perform all the PT exercises and strengthening but I hope I will have a lot of time to work on both of them once the lefty is replaced too.
 
You are an example of patience. Kindness too. Thanks for all of your generous support here. It's much appreciated. Wishing you comfort as you limp to the finish line. At only nine days to go...you're almost there!

Have a lovely Sunday and week!
@RinTinTin

Thanks you for your kind words and for always being here when we need you! That is awesome!
Have an awesome Sunday yourself!
:)
 
My grandson is 4 and granddaughter is due just couple days before Christmas! I am so excited!

Wow, what an exciting end to a difficult year - new hips and a new granddaughter!

As per my recovery... I am doing the best I can. In fact, I don't do much, just walking as much as I can, stopping when the "bad" hip starts hurting.

It's been almost a month since I was released from P.T. However, she gave me a daily "list of exercises" to do daily on both sides. I stopped since it puts the un-operated side in more pain, but I am going out daily and walking around.

It's been helpful to read your progress and thoughts and I wish you all the best on December 3rd.


I learned so much since I joined, mostly how to be patient.

It "is" difficult to realize temporary limitations and be patient with the whole process. If there's a silver lining in going through all this, having more patience is certainly on my list...
 
I hear you about the limitations with lefty, I was wondering about simple things, actually.
For instance, pulling your knee up towards your body to tie a shoe, I’m so hoping that you find little things that spark joy and excitement for hour new hip and soon to be two new hips!
Have a great Sunday!
 
Hi @CricketHip. My right, operated hip, has been in much better shape than the lefty, even though I was not able to do the PT as prescribed and I would want.
You know how they advice going up stairs (take as step up with non-operated leg, then take a step up with operated leg) and going downstairs (take a step down with operated leg first, then take a step down with the non-operated leg)... well, I am doing the opposite for quiet some time now cause the lefty is totally unreliable. I am lucky it does not hurt when sitting or in bed... not even when I am walking with the walker for shorter distances. I still manage my pain with 2 Tylenol arthritis pills in the morning and 2 in the evening.
I wear All-Star non lace shoes and I have no issues putting them on.
You too have an awesome Sunday... or whatever is left of it :)
 
ahhh, yes, the elastic shoelaces.. :yes: Well, you do sound like you are pacing yourself and I'm sure righty will be super happy when Lefty starts pulling his weight!

Come on Dec 3rd!
 
Hi there :wave:
It's the last weekend before you're all fixed up. :wink:
It's going to be so nice to have both surgeries behind you. Righty's recovery will roll into Lefty's and I'm betting you're going to have a fabulous 2020!
Wishing you comfort as you await Tuesday.
@RinTinTin
 
Good luck with your surgery this Tuesday. Do you have books on tape or music to distract you while you wait for your surgery on that day?

I found all the pre-op nursing and MDS to be so helpful, positive and reassuring. My hospital experience was a 10. Hope yours is too.

Let us know how you're doing post-op. I was so relieved at that point after all the anticipation and thrilled to get back home to recover.
 
Ready to get this hp two show on the road?
I think you will do beautifully....
Sending super mojo your way
 
Hi there @Layla, @ritabell, @Mojo333 and thanks for the nice wishes for my second hip replacement on Tuesday.
I can't wait... I am ready... I just hope it goes smoothly as the first one. I know there will be plenty of time to heal and make them stronger again.
I am to register at 6 am at the hospital and the surgery is scheduled for 8 am (happy to be the first one again). If all okay - will stay for 2 nights. The fridge and pantry shelves are full again :)
Happy Sunday to everyone!
 
Best wishes for a successful surgery and another good recovery. I found it was so nice to be able to depend on my other hip totally with recovery for this hip.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom