Guest viewing is limited

TKR right knee *my first* Date of Operation 3rd October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think being completely alone is overwhelming. Today someone came for an hour to help me clean my house and move stuff around. It was a relief to have someone here to help. My Italian friends here have proved to be quite absent.:yikes: I had a two hour sleep this afternoon and a good cry.:cry: I bought Ibuprofen from the chemist and thats enough for the pain I take it when necessary with food and so thats not an issue. I did a load of washing went up and downstairs a lot. This forum is a lifesaver. Wishing you all a speedy recovery
 
Being alone is hard and this forum is a god send for those times when you need to feel a part of people and especially people who understand. You are doing so much around the house, please be careful and make sure you are resting enough. Soon, you will be able to go out more. I think often friends do not realize that you need them so they think they are better staying away. Anyone you could call so they would come over for coffee and ask them to pick up a few things?
 
I said much the same thing last week DAJ
I truly believe you need someone with you the first few weeks. Someone on a practical level but also just for comfort and presence. I was mostly alone and grew to feel isolated and down. And I had trouble calling friends for help. That's my own issue.
This forum is wonderful. And my cats are dear. But I still could have used someone.

Take care,
Maggie May
 
Hang in there....TKR is a challenge, recovery is a handful even when you have support; can't imagine the challenge you are having managing things alone. So good for you to reach out here.....members do care and provide support as you have seen.

Best to you.....here's hoping tomorrow is a brighter day for you!
 
I dont have anyone to be with me my family are thousands of miles away and cant leave work and apply for a visitors visa to come to europe. Im afraid as far as begging friends here to be more helpful Im not going to do that. If I can see what a sick person needs:i.e.some washing done ,a meal cooked. some fruit bought etc. because I was raised properly,then why cant they? I suspect its because they want to score points for seeming to care but dont want to actually do anything.(* nevermind being friends for 8years)
There are too many people professing christianity but who dont behave as people of faith. Rather Give me an atheist whos prepared to help out anyday.thats it, end of rant.
thankyou to you all for your support
 
DAJ
This may sound strange but why don't you look online to see if there are any Buddhist temples or groups near you? Buddhists are kind, compassionate, non- proselytizing but will help. Without a second thought. I am a Buddhist.
Maggie May


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
 
Thats probably true maggiemay which is why I have never seen nor met one in Italy a nation full of self-involved close/minded, suspicious, narcissists. Did you know that 98%.of the population of Italy (63Million)are catholic. Theres no room for anything else. Ill be OK,never been short of good people around me in my life just have to get rid of my false friends, refocus and get out of this forest.:angel:
 
DAJ
I had to laugh. I live in Mississippi. A predominantly Protestant state with very few Buddhists. And no Buddhist temples or groups in my town either ! Ha!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
 
Hello Daj,
Just keeping up with your thread :) I am sorry you are feeling so alone. You can't help if your friends are
Clueless about helping out. What I do is remember & file it away for future reference :sigh: I do know that it
Hurts.
You also, have just gone through 2 surgeries..recovery can take such a long time.
The good news is that you have us :happydance: we care about you & we are always here to listen :console2:
So, post away, the good, the bad & anything else.
Have a wonderful day & hug your :kittykiss:
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Just a quick hello and I hope you have a good day:flwrysmile:.

I too am not good at asking so I totally understand. It is funny, I work with a large group and even work in patient care in a hospital (many of who say they are my friends) and yet I have only received 2 cards in the 6wks I have been off and that does not even involve doing much of anything. By the way I have worked there for 20yrs. I have received many emails from work asking questions and asking when I will be back since things are waiting. It does hurt but it also clarifies things for the future.

I hope you have a quick recovery and can move out of Italy soon.
 
I hope you are having a good day. I saw your idea of elevating the mattress instead of just pillows- what a great idea. Like you, I love being at home and having control over my environment and myself as much as my knee allows instead of some institutional people. Take care. Lee :flwrysmile:
 
Well today three weeks ago I was being wheeled into theatre.Iwell remember that first week after the op.I thought it would never end, sheer hell. Now when I look back it seems like 3months not three weeks! But each day Im stronger and do more things. Ive stopped the pain medicine not necessary. Im eating well and trying to tire myself out in the day so I sleep at night. My goal next week is to get on that bike do a few backward turns. yyyyaaaaahooooo! heres wishing you all a happy day:bicycle1:
 
Fantastic report. Good luck with the bike- who knows you might even go around. Have a great day. :flwrysmile:
 
well Im proud to say I climbed on the bike today and managed to do ten easy back pedals so thought I would try going forward and I managed and stayed on for 6 minutes pedalling quite fast. so Im going to do that each day and slowly as I get stronger lower the seat. Rather proud of my progress doing it all alone at home three weeks out.:happydance: :bicycle1:
 
you are doing a wonderful. I tried my bike no wa y I could Keep up the good work
 
Fantastic and congratulations :bicycle1: :dancy: You did great. I find the bike the best exercise - just be careful adding any resistance level very slowly. You are really awesome to be doing all this on your own after such a big surgery.:kittykiss: :yes!:
 
You go, girl!!! I am so happy for you. How many weeks has it been? I cannot remember. Yay!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
 
wow you are amazing and I take my hat off to you...it is almost 8 weeks for me and my physio has told me I am not ready to try the bike yet ! you are going so well....and as for pain relief... I just took a panadeine forte as my knee is throbbing ! a word of advice though..don't over do it !! :flwrysmile:
 
Fantastic progress and success for you!!!!! Congratulations! Improvement will continue!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom