Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* Right knee has been replaced

I'm happy the Bactrim isn't affecting your stomach. Little steps in ROM are good!
 
Marian, that's great about your flexion increasing ~ we're around the same measurement in that area. also good you are tolerating the Bactrim. yes, any increase, even so small is encouraging.:flwrysmile:
 
Marion I am so happy with your news! You needed that! Baby steps are still steps. And I'm tickled that Bactrim is being kind to you. :yes!:
 
I'm glad to hear you have an increase in ROM. :yes!: :happydance:

Also glad the Bactrim isn't doing a number on your stomach.

That's two good things this week. Hurray! :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Marian - so sorry you have had much to endure in the last while. This surgery is very trying without all the other complications. Know that your BS friends are all rooting for you and are here to listen when you need to vent. Glad to hear that things look le they are on the upswing!
 
I have been gone for the last 12 days and just caught up with your thread. I am so very happy that you were honest with your daughter about your needs. It really sounds like you are finally turning a corner. Congrats on the increased rom!
 
Saw my psychologist today and then made two stops at the store and post office. I'm finally starting to get out and be part of real life again. Tomorrow PT again. I'm trying to push myself to get moving as I seem to be totally out of shape and have a hard time getting motivated.
 
:loveshwr::yay: You are getting out and starting to live a normal life again!
 
Your body has been through so much, but I'm glad you feel you're getting a bit of normalcy back. I just posted to someone that I had a hard time swimming at 7 months. Even though I was back to teaching and riding my bike, swimming still threw me for a loop. It's going to take a while, but normal life will return. :yes:
 
It sounds like the last few weeks have been great progress! I was so glad to read that you talked to your daughters to get their help.

You have been through so much, so I am sure that feeling of being part of real life again is more cherished than ever.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Getting out and about is wonderful therapy. Good for body and spirit, because it's so natural, and you will build up your muscle tone and coordination just by doing normal things. It'll feel less clinical and be just you being you. Which is the best thing: getting back to being you.
 
When someone has gone through so much, it's hard to believe sometimes that the sun is still shining and others are carrying on with their normal lives. It feels sometimes surreal and not connected. But as you take on your own normal life activities, bit by bit you start to feel that connection again.
The moving will come more naturally and less forced. Congratulations on running your errands. You are taking the first steps to normal life again!
 
It is so encouraging that you are getting out some and doing some normal life things. As you move forward, don't forget to let your daughters help. It's easy to start thinking as soon as we can do something, we can do everything. Hugs.
 
This recovery is driving me nuts! It's taken so long now that I am totally out of shape. I can't really walk around outside my home as the ground is uneven and my road is a dirt road. I don't want to take the chance of falling or injuring myself. No one would find me if I fell for the entire day! I'm not sure how to recondition myself other than to get up at least every hour I'm awake and walk around inside my house. I go to PT three times a week and I'm driving fairly well.

My oldest daughter's baby shower is coming up in a few weeks and it's about a two hour drive to get there. I'll be driving myself and it will be a real test of my abilities. My other girls live closer to the restaurant than I do so I have no one else able to drive me. I don't want to miss the party as we've been looking forward to the first grandchild to be born. I hope I do ok.

I'm not sure I am ready but my current date back to work is scheduled for the 6th of September. I see my OS next week and I'll see what he has to say. My knee is still fairly stiff and range of motion increases are barely noticeable they are coming so very slowly. I'll see what he has to say. I don't want to even consider a MUA as I doubt it's going to offer me much help to get back to work in time. I'm afraid I'll go stir crazy if my return date is pushed out much further. Maybe a couple of weeks but that's it!
 
Marian,
You are doing the best you can walking inside your home, is enough for now.
Have a wonderful trip to your grandchilds baby shower, plan on resting a lot when you return home.

Work in a month, that date will come up real fast. Can you use a phased return to work?
 
I know you've said before that the boss won't do a phased return, but wouldn't it be better to have you part of the time than not at all, especially considering your responsibilities at the Clinic?
 
Sorry to hear that you have had such a rough road! I did want to send special wishes your way from a neighbor in NEPA!:flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom