Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* Right knee has been replaced

My recent blood work came back NORMAL! My kidney function is now normal and all my electrolytes are good too! I'm happy to not have any of those worries at all now. One more step in the right direction.
 
Marvelous news! So happy for you. after all you've been through!
 
Great news about your blood work, Marian! :yes!: :yay: :dancy:
 
WooHoo! That is fantastic news! So happy to hear that you have received good news for a change!:D
 
Wonderful news, Marian! I'm hoping this is just the beginning of more good news!
 
Thank God everything came back normal! Prayer works!
 
I'm so happy for you, Marian! Positive progress in a most important area.
 
Went out yesterday for four hour trip. I actually ran a bunch of errands and then decided to stop by work. Everyone was surprised to see me. Their biggest comment was how much weight I had lost. (30+lbs.). I went through the list of medical problems I had that most of the people had no idea about. There was a boss from corporate there for a meeting. She had her knee replaced and was trying to tell me how to gain more ROM. I told her I was lucky to not be sick anymore and MRSA is a pretty bad bug to kill. Once she understood I had been on IV antibiotics for months she finally left me alone. It didn't help she's a RN too since she believes she knows everything! I was glad when she left. The rest of the people were great! While it's going to be hard to get back to my long shifts, I'm hoping I can be able to handle it myself.

Upon my return I have three days I can make my own hours. Then I'm on my own for a 10 hour shift. I have a good group of techs with me so I'm hoping I can count on them for help. It will be hard but I'm hoping I can do it again. It's going to be hard to get back everything I've forgotten.
 
Not sure people (even some medical people) realize what an infection can do to a body and what it takes to fight it. You're doing great, Marian!
 
What a good and long day! Congrats on your weight loss, but you sure did it the hard way! Glad miss 'know-it-all' left so you could have some time with your coworkers.
 
Back to a bit more of real life, that's good. It's bound to be tiring, but you know that's where you want to be, back with your co-workers and looking forward to returning to work. So happy you're doing better!
 
Always great to be able to reconnect to your coworkers. I attended a funeral at about 4 weeks post op and saw a lot of my previous work team there. It did me a world of good to visit with them despite the pain and the fact I have been retired for 4 years. It made me feel like my brain was not just a puddle of mush!
 
I'm sure you were tired when you came home but wasn't it great to be out and even visiting. Congrats on the weight loss even if it wasn't brought on in the most enjoyable way.
 
i'm glad you have a good group of techs at work. i hope you'll let them know that you might need some extra help and understanding to get through the shifts for awhile. i'm so happy for you that you beat that infection. how is your knee doing? continue to take good care of yourself.
 
I thrilled for you Marion! You have had such a long battle. It will be hard to go back to work so be smart! I'm glad you can pace a bit and will have a good support team with you. :friends:
 
You sound so much more positive which is wonderful! Glad you had a good day out and got to soak in support from your coworkers. Sounds like a great bunch of people! I am sure that the techs will help as much as they can as long as you actually let them know that you need their help. So happy that you have rounded the bend, so to speak!:flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom