Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super! I guess 90 is the magic number, my OS said the same thing after my infection. I've got more than 90, but not sure what the number is.
 
After 6 months of therapy can I quit now? I can do 118*. I just cant walk more than 60-70 feet due to arthritis in my feet and some endurance issues. I am learning to hate it. I can do 30 leg lifts with 5 pound weight on my ankle. 30 marching lifts with said weights. Get up and down except when fibro acts up.

Only a few more weeks- wound will close and they will stop coming and therapy will stop.
 
Oh good grief! All that PT!
Yes, quit now.

You've got good ROM and the rest will come, given time and normal activity.

Leg lifts with weights are not a good thing to do, and nor is marching. Both put an unnecessary strain on your knee.
 
@Gknee

Sorry I haven't been around.

I have been dealing with different issues other than my knee.

Was it Vancomycin that you were allergic to? Having a recurring infection usually means it was "hiding" in limbo ready to strike again.

My revision specialist and IS doctors did a lot before they went ahead with a one stage knee replacement. No spacer in between.

I have been infection free for almost 4 years now, even though I had 8 rounds of MRSA. Infection can be defeated!:console2:
 
After 6 months of therapy can I quit now? I can do 30 leg lifts with 5 pound weight on my ankle. 30 marching lifts with said weights.
30 leg lifts with 5 pound weight?
30 marching lifts with said weights?
That's just plain ridiculous! I wouldn't recommend doing that when healthy - unless I was training for the Olympics!
Crazeee!
 
My antibiotics came to an abrupt stop because of my dwindling white count. Hoping and praying all goes well for you both, @PegGar16 and @Gknee .
 
I counted the hours also. It was so nice to get off the harsher antibiotics!
 
I went to my Surgeon yesterday and she doesn't like the look of my knee. She thinks it may still be infected. I just finished my IV antibiotics and I scheduled to get my picc line removed today. Drats!!!!

She made me an appointment to see my infectious disease Dr. for first thing today. She even talked him into coming in to the office on his day off to see me. I will let you know what happens next.
 
Double Drats! I got to my Dr. office and he had to reschedule until Monday. I'm still in limbo!
 
I'm so sorry you have to wait over the weekend for your answer. Hang in there.:flwrysmile:
 
Just keep an eye on it and if you get a high fever or any seepage call the offices asap. I had a very high fever, then seeping. Hope you get answers on Monday.
 
Monday?? Wow. Keep an eye on it like Karri suggested. If you get any of the symptoms call the office or ER. You don't want to mess with this again. Did you end up keeping the PICC?
 
Yes,

Please keep an eye on it. Fever, seeping, hurting, feeling exhausted, and even a feeling of dread and depression hit before I knew that my knee was going to split open.

Here's praying that you don't have any of these problems, and that you can get a great report from the IS on Mondsy!
 
Gknee,
How frustrating, like others have said, keep an eye on you knee, and go to the ER if you feel is is not right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom