Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The swelling has gone down some. It still doesn't look right but my latest test says it is gone. I didn't have a culture done because It's based on where the needle hits. I have many false negatives that another culture was done a month later and found that it was still there. This was a test that measured if the bacteria was giving off any waste. It is expensive test that took months to get approved and to find a lab to do it.

My infusions for my immune issues are going well. It is no worse that what I went through this past year. Like I said I will do anything to keep it away.
 
With all the problems you probably won't be on a maintenance antibiotic. My TKR is flat, it doesn't look my other knee.
 
I'm glad the latest test has shown no infection. Hopefully in a bit of time your knee will calm down and become normal size.
 
Gknee,
Glad your test came back negative :yay:.
Your knee has been through a lot and will take awhile to fully heal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom