Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

I know the pain meds can really muddle your thinking. I have to double check myself, something is always falling off my to do list.
Went for my "walk" guess it is a start so to speak.
 
I remembered this avatar because the friend who took it brought it forward on my home page, it was my first facebook avatar.
She must have known I would need it again!
I just wish the top was not so faded these days.
 
This can fade to white and I'd still wear it. I love it. It's comfy covers my lumps and bumps and my granddaughter adores me in this shade xx
 
I know exactly what you mean though. Our fave ones are always the ones we wear to death and then regret we've washed the living day lights out the colour and bleached them in strong sunlight. (We do get sunlight occasionally) ha ha ha xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
and we do get rain here. 300 days of sun here fades everything.
Today's favs around the house fashion show and knee reports by nana moon27 and pumpkln.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Yep definitely @Pumpkln. You know I've enjoyed this today. Just a mess around and relax. It's nice. I keep fantasising about paddling in a warm sea and walking over hot sand at the minute. My body wants long summer days. It's dark before 5pm now. I can't stand it x

Well we had a great fashion show and knee reports, yes we did xxx

I'm intending to try and walk more now. The knee feels like a proper knee. I forget sometimes it's replaced. That had to be a good sign now. Ok this morning was rotten but the extra med did the trick. Back down to 30 mg morphine tonight, hopefully same in morning. I prop it up with paracetamol (Tylenol). It works quite well xxx

Do you take anything for your knee? Xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The short days get to me. After Christmas the days start getting longer :yay:...
I am happy to hear your knee is feeling like a real knee, that is a good sign. Glad that the OS finally got it right.
I take tylenol, and 5 mg of Norco at bedtime, and 2.5 mg at 3AM if I need it. I also use ice.
Warm beaches at the sea sounds wonderful. :kayak:
 
Cute avatar, Chris. I'm sorry to hear about your mom-I hope she recovers fully soon. I am glad your knee is doing so much better! Life sure has it's ups and downs. It's hard to watch those we love go through hard times and health issues. But you are such a good and caring daughter to her-I know she appreciates you.
I've been too busy lately, but have done some resting of my knee. Problem is if I rest it too much it gets really stiff, not enough and it kills me..........sigh. I'm almost done with the remodel of my sewing room-I love the new look and colors! Hubby has almost finished the top cabinets in my kitchen, and I think we're going to buy the bottom ones instead of him making them-I think he realized it's a big job! Then we can paint, buy the dishwasher, sink, faucet and disposal, and get all that installed so I can get the counter guys over, then the floor, etc. Take care and take care of yourself too. Kim
 
Kim,
Glad your remodeling is coming along, and your sewing room is done. The rest activity balance is hared to find.
i am just now swinging towards more activity and less resting.
Thanks for your kind words, hoping as Mom is off norco and muscle relaxers she will start feeling better.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mom is about the same, up and down.
I am just beside myself what to do. I am thinking of sending her home with Hospice, I think she will do better at home. Or do I leave her in rehab, with transition to nursing home resident.
If you read this and have an opinion please feel free to make a constructive comment.
This is as much a process for her as it is for myself and my brothers.
Knee doing OK but I really do need to take 1000 mg of tylenol, and ice.
 
Oh Chris

I've never been in this situation but I'm sure I read that @Celle has. If it was me I'd have a big piece of paper and a pen, writing down pros and cons for both situations. Sometimes that's the only way to work it out. This is such a personal matter and I'm happy to make suggestions. I think the difficulty here is not knowing whether your mom has actually got something wrong going on or is the the aftermath of the narcotics. I think until you can be more certain of this, it's going to be so hard for you coming to some sort of a decision about this with your brothers.

I think amongst everything else, you have to think where she's best placed for you to visit? Which method is going to be the most effective for her individual care needs? Do you like the rehab centre? Are you happy with all the staff? X would you prefer her to be at home with caregivers? It's going to be a very hard decision Chris, painful, guilt ridden a real emotional rollercoaster. I think I'd list the two options, do the fors and againsts, seeing which one comes out tops.

I'm so sorry I can't be more help. What does your DH think? X

Chat anytime Chris, I mean that I will do my best if not to find a solution but to listen to your thoughts and ideas and talk them through

Biggest hugs ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Love Ann xx
 
Hi Chris, @Pumpkln

I think that Ann (NM27) has summed it up very well. It's always a difficult decision, and one in which there are no absolutes.

I can offer my sympathy, but no definite answers, because basically it is a judgment call.
  • Do you have to decide quickly, or can you take time to see if your mother's mind clears as she comes off the medications? Part of your decision needs to be based on whether her mental deterioration is likely to be temporary or permanent - and I think you need some medical advice about that.
  • Are you happy with the staff and the care your mother is receiving now?
  • How is her physical condition? Is she recovering from her back surgery, or will she always need help with the daily activities of living?
  • How far away is your home from where your mother would be and how much supervision could you give, or would you need to give? Could any of your other family members help?
  • Do you have financial constraints?
In my case, although I was sad, my decision was probably a bit easier. It was obvious that my mother's dementia was progressing and she was no longer safe in her own home.
I was fortunate to find a nursing home where she was happy and where the care was good, and done with kindness.
Also, I lived in the same town, so visiting was easy.

After Mum moved into the nursing home, I discovered that she had been wandering at night and had even locked herself out of her little house on a couple of occasions. Of course, none of the neighbours thought to tell me at the time, but they sure told me afterwards!

I'll be thinking of you and hoping that you can come to a decision that you feel will be best for your mother, and for you. :console2::friends:
 
Back
Top Bottom