Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

I am feeling like if I did not have bad luck, I would have no luck at all.
We are very worried about her caregiver, and hope they figure out what is happening and take care of it.
@busylizzie
I saw in your thread where DH had a hard time with having his teeth pulled, it is an unpleasant experience when it goes well, I hope his pain is under control and he heals without a problem.
Sending you restful :sleep: thoughts and prayers for tomorrow.
 
Goodness me Chris, what can you say to that!!! @Pumpkln you'll be writing a best seller at this rate. Oh my, your caregiver slurring, having to go docs, so that wasn't through nipping at the gin then? That's not funny really. Was she/has she had a stroke or diabetic attack? X

I'm sorry you're going through something else now xxx you know where I am if you want a chat x

Love Ann xx
 
Wow Chris @Pumpkln! You are going through a lot. Hope your mom and her caregiver will be okay. Happy that your knee was not angry at you for the long walk.

Hope you get answers on your mom's vomiting and her caregiver's slurring.

Thinking of you. :)
 
Mom's vomiting was the combo of antibiotic, and her norco. It is under control now.
@Nana moon 27

It was something making the caregiver sick, not nipping on the bottle.
We were going out for lunch, now are going to shoot for going out to dinner.
 
Hi @Pumpkln I sincerely hope that the caregiver makes a full recovery. The best news is knowing that your moms reaction was the antibiotic and norco as you'd suspected. Fantastic news Chris. Take care love Ann xxx enjoy your food you deserve it. The relief must be immense!!! Xxxx
 
Yes we had a very nice meal. We had to eat early as DH gets severe indigestion if we eat after 6 PM. Already had 3 intestinal surgeries, one for bleeding, one for incisional hernias, and one for a small bowel tumor. Otherwise he is healthy.
Thanks for asking.
I am so tired, can hardly muster energy for posting. I am reading posts though.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Oh that's nice Chris. Oh wow you have been through it with your poor DH, you and your mom. Crikey!!! I'm glad he's okay though I really am. That must've been a pretty dark time going through all that.

Don't worry about posting back. I just had to know that you were ok that's all. I will catch you later.

Take care
All my love Ann xxx
 
Thanks I needed a hug.
We are at home now. Hope to rest and re charge. Drive was nice, we caught the full moon just as it was rising, it was huge.
Knee is doing ok with all the challenges I have given it, lots of walking.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
The moon was beautiful here too. I couldn't put my head out of the window to look really well. The air here because of Guy Fawkes/Bonfire night was unbreathable!!!!

That's fantastic news with your knee. Fantastic xxx

Lovely to hear from you xx

Love Ann xxx
 
Up tonight worried about Mom and her rapid cognitive decline. I am sick at heart over this. I am wondering if she has delirium ? It is too early to call anyone. Sounds like that will have to go on my list of calls to make in the morning. Going to try to get some more sleep now.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi @Pumpkln your mom, she doesn't have another water infection does she? That can cause the appearance of cognitive decline xxx my grandmother was like a crazy woman with them xx not recognising people, family, poor concentration.... Xxx ((((big hug)))))) xxxx
 
No infection, her last does of abx is today.
Called the Dr to let them know her symptoms and they said take her to ER. It was another Dr filling in, they did not know she was in rehab :hairpulling:. Called rehab and told them I do not give permission to go to ER. We are going to order a multi vitamin with B complex for her. My brother is there now, so they will not be able to take her anywhere.
So Frustrating :tantrum2: because before the fall she had normal cognitive function. I think she has delirium, and want them to address that. It can be reversable for some, and I think she deserves a chance.
She is now off all narcotics and muscle relaxers, hoping that the side effects diminish and her head can start to clear.
My knee is doing OK, it still hurts but not so much that I cannot do stuff. Glad this did not happen earlier, I would not have been able to handle it. :bricks:
I am going to go for a short walk :walking:. So short most people would say, you call that a walk.:loll:.
 
I love the new avatar, Chris!

Hope your mother improves. My mother developed a dementia due to transient ischaemic attacks (mini strokes). It's hard to see someone you love get like that.
HUGS!!
 
Thanks @Celle ,
She has had TIA's the last one was when I was talking to her on the phone, I was 300 miles away. Called a friend who took her to the ER. She has not had any since, but I suspect that may be happening now.
She looks so much like her Mother at the same stage.
 
Hi @Pumpkln

Love that pink top. I wish I'd had a pic taken of mine today. Never mind. Do you know you have got a lovely, soft and kind face. You're the kind of person I'd talk to most definitely. I might get dressed again and ask my granddaughter to take a pic. She's just phoned and asked to go to school from here in the morning so I said yes. She loves being with me x

I'm sorry to hear about your mom Chris, I hope coming off the narcotics helps her. They make you feel terribly confused. Yesterday I rang HR thinking my sick note was due for renewal! I'd only given it to my boss three weeks ago! And I thought I'd got PT yesterday aaaaargggghhh x Sunday before last I nearly blew the cooker up. my husbands a bit concerned. So yes narcotics yuk!!!!

I do hope she improves, with all my heart x

Love Nana moon 27 (((((bigger hugs)))) xxx
 
Back
Top Bottom