Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Thanks for your support, @Nana moon 27 , [USER=15406]@marmora , @71Beetle , @lovetocookandsew ,@tashia

Mom's conference went well, we are all on the same page about pain control, and that she wants to go home with her caregivers. It will be a safety issue wether she can go home. She should be going home between Thanksgiving and Christmas :fingersx:.
We are going down later this week to check on her, and give my brother a break. Glad I am not back at work and we can go anytime. I am very fortunate to have support from friends and my co workers that I cannot go back to work until Mom is settled. They all keep reminding me to take care of myself, I am trying my best. I know first hand that caregivers often pass before the care receiver.

My knee is better today, the heel lock I am using is helping a lot. My problem is my skin while it looks fine needs a break from the tape, and then I have to deal with the heel rocking to the outside. Still better than not using it at all.[/USER]
 
Photo of my heel lock taping of medial heel. The tape wraps around both sides about an inch.
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Started my day out making coffee in the dark, and did not see that the carafe was missing, coffee was all over the counter, in the dishwasher, and the floor, complete with all the grounds. Fast forward, and I spilled a bottle of water on the carpet, thank goodness it was not the coffee.
The day has gotten better, went to the pool, and added some red converse hi tops to my shoe collection. Bought some green laces to wear with the new red shoes over the holidays.
 
@Pumpkln, your heel looks red. I get that you have to have a break from the tape, but it is a shame as it is helping you. When they tried tape on my foot a while ago, they put micropore papery tape under the strapping as I have an allergy to some tapes. I wonder if you can try the same.
 
@busylizzie
I think the redness is the angle of the photo, I looked my heel and the ball of both feet are pink. My circulation is good, or so I have been told.
I have some protective wrap I will try under the sensitive areas tomorrow.
I am learning that if I start the tape from the center, it does a much better job and does not irritate my skin. If I start at the ends it is too tight and pulls.
I hope they find something that will work for your leg and foot.
 
Leaving for Mom's. I will post later.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
I hope your mom is doing well! Hey-I had my bone scan and my OS says it came back "hot". He said he'd rather it came back "cold" and is going to show result to colleagues and will get back to me. I have no idea what any of it means, but I'm sure he'll eventually tell me.
 
Inflammation most likely now to determine why.



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hey Chris. Consensus is knee is still healing and something tweaked and/or irritated it. I'm supposed to "ramp it down" (meaning activity) for a couple of months and see where it is then. He still thinks there may be some scar tissue forming, but wants to wait until around Christmas to see what it's doing at that time.
 
Mom was only Ok when we got there, she is very confused, I think from the meds. She was not like this before the fall.
She is in less pain and indicated it is OK to lower her Norco, we are going down to 7.5 mg, then 5 mg.
Hard to know what is going to happen if she is even going to come out of this confusion and anxiety. I hope as we decrease the meds and her back heals she at least is better. Tomorrow I hope to get an appointment with the hairdresser to cut her hair, it has never been this long in my lifetime.
@lovetocookandsew , Glad it just needs more time to heal, the OS is right slow down to keep that scar tissue from forming.
@Nana moon 27 and @71Beetle , thanks for checking in on how Mom is doing.
My knee is holding up, it must like my new red converse's.
 
Oh @Pumpkln I do hope and pray that she is ok too. It could be the meds and the pain knocking her about a little.

Red converse are neat. I absolutely love the style. They're very expensive over here to buy.

Take care. Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Back
Top Bottom