Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Love the kitten with the pumpkin!
Totally exhausted today, needing rest, sleep, and recharging of all my batteries.
Hope I can go up to Lake Tahoe later this week for some time with nature. It is only 45 minutes away.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi @Pumpkln,

ooh Chris, I remember when you sent those lovely pics from Lake Tahoe before. It will be Fall this time. If you go, will you please post some pics on my thread ? Xxxx you will be getting a well deserved rest, relaxation and fresh air. Sounds like a plan to me x x x This is a good reward for all the hard work and stress from the last few weeks x x x

I'm glad you liked the kitten xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
We are going up to Tahoe on Thursday, the fall colors are just starting here, but will be near the end of the season.

Oh, poor Mom, new nurse came on shift, she is a rule follower, and is giving Mom pain meds only if she asks, so she has been in pain all day. Mom gets agitated and has hallucinations when she has pain. Just left a message with the Dr. about this, and to write pain medication for every 4 hours by the clock. I should hear from them in the morning.
In PT today while transferring to a chair, she kicked her leg out and now has a big scrape.
I talked to my brother today, he has been over there 2x today. I told him to take the day off tomorrow, they can call if there is an emergency. I will call the caregivers in the morning and the afternoon to check onher.
Talked to her caregiver just now, they are giving her pain medications now, and she has been sleeping.

The heel lock taping I mentioned for my inverting foot, seems to be working. My knee is not as warm, and only needed 1/2 a norco last night!
 
Hi @Pumpkln

I'm sorry your mom was in such pain earlier. I'm glad now that she's settled down. How come the nurse didn't just follow what the others prior to her were doing? It's so frustrating.

I hope you get to Lake Tahoe on Thursday. You need this break. You've had a dreadful month and deserve some respite now.

That's great news about the lock taping working. Being able to reduce meds is always a good thing xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
How come the nurse didn't just follow what the others prior to her were doing?
This nurse and I do not see eye to eye. She is a rigid person, I hope she loosens up as she ages.
She does give Mom good care, just needs to have precise instructions and she does OK.
 
Hi @Pumpkln

Oh dear about the nurse! I hope the doc sorts out her instruction and quick. I don't like the thought of your poor mom getting into that state with pain. Still, like you say she'd gotten comfortable and that's the key thing.

Take care
Love Ann xox
 
Yes, why aren't you two asleep, cause you just had knee replacements and are hooked on Bonesmart :SUNsmile:

I did not sleep well last night, was upset about Mom and the pain medication fiasco, and my knee decided to join in and complain. All settled today, she is a little loopy, but OK otherwise. She asked her caregiver to call me so we could talk. She wanted to know what was going to happen from rehab. I told her what she needs to be able to do to go home, walk 30 feet, sit to stand, etc. She was happy with that response. Of course she has a lot work ahead. She was up in a chair for over an hour today, complaining about it, but she did it :yay:. Like us the hardest part is waiting for the soft tissue to heal, she is only 2 1/2 weeks from her fall, and a week from the kyphoplasty. I hope at 4 weeks we start seeing some changes as she heals.
Went to PT, and did some shopping at Costco today, used the cart, nothing like feeling invisible. Geeze I should just run those people over.:hog: The cart did not work right and I had to keep restarting it, I finally gave up and parked it.
Mom is watching the Giants play tonight in the Baseball World Series, she is a big fan!
 
Pumpkin, I am so sorry that all this is happening, I too have used the cart and wished I could:hog: over them. Lake Tahoe is so wonderful I do hope you can forget all the stress and that goes for the knee also. You have had such a ruff time, I wish the nurse could get her act together. I think you need some :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile: and a :bath: to relax. Please take care. God Bless. Tashia
 
Hi @Pumpkln

I'm sorry to read how rubbish your knee was and the upset about your mom. However, you do seem to have calmed her down by giving her sensible advice. During my first recovery my eldest daughter insisted I went with her to do a bit of shopping in the supermarket. Yes, I used one of those carts and all of a sudden I became invisible. I was the right height for being hit by hand bags and shopping bags, being ignored completely, people barging past you to get to the checkouts in case you hold them up. It was not an experience I would want to do again in a hurry. Dreadful xxx
 
Hi @Pumpkln a little rhyme for you

Chris told me a few days ago
She was a going to Lake Tahoe
Now she doing her packin'
Our very dear Pumpk1n
To a well earned break she will go


Have a great time Chris, you deserve this xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Chris @Pumpkln

With your Mom more settled, you will be able to fully enjoy your holiday in Lake Tahoe.

I've only have heard good things about Lake Tahoe and your a good person - so a perfect match.:)

Enjoy and Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Have a nice time and rest in Tahoe. I'm glad your mom is doing better. I had the same problem when I used the carts so I started using the little 'horn' on them. And the ones that don't have horns I just used the reverse to get their attention as it beeps! I have my bone scan on Monday-then will know more about what's going on here. I've spoken to the OS and he's waiting for the scan, then says we'll talk about what needs to be done. All I know is it's still swollen a lot and more painful, and as a result I'm doing very little. Hubby wants to go out tonight so I'm planning on taking a bunch of Motrin beforehand.
 
Back
Top Bottom