Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Hi @Pumpkln,

I thought you might find this amusing that @dogwheels sent me this morning xxx Its hilarious esp the caption underneath saying " its definitely not broken...but you may have pulled a hammy!" She sent me this because i'm going to my first physio session this afternoon.

[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues


Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 good luck with Physio this afternoon hope it goes well for you,but don't overdo it.@Dogwheels your bit of land sounds exciting,having the kitchen installed after Christmas and really not looking forward to it will be using the motorhome for cooking etc,may be better to go away for a week or so ,will see.
Waiting now for the Grandsons too come for tea,always hectic on Fridays,speak soon have a good afternoon everyone
 
Hi @Pumpkln

How's your holiday and how's the weather? I hope you're getting time to chill out and relax, or as they say in some places over here chillax!

I still see that lovely sand and pretend I'm there sitting in the sun...lovely xxx

Love Ann xxx

Oh @yiayia3 you accidentally posted to me on Pumpk1ns thread x I'm sure she'll forgive you lol xxx :heehee:
 
Pumkin, Laying on the beach by Lake Tahoe I hope and taking a easy. Rest, Drink in the Sun and let all the trouble go. Take care, Tashia
 
We took a drive, but we were too slow, the colors were spectacular.
Maybe when I speed up we will find the pot of gold!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@lovetocookandsew

I had to laugh at your avatar. I think that's just about the only thing I haven't hallucinated about on the morphine. Trouble is now that's planted in my head I'll probably have a room full of orange dwarves from the Wizard of Oz tonight, Lol xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
@Nana moon 27 , at least you will know where that one came from.
Yesterday with the beautiful rainbow we had rain and a barometer drop, so my knee, and the tendons in my foot were not happy, today is sunny so my knee and foot are doing better.

Blood boiling today, 7:15 AM Mom's caregiver calls to say they will not give her a pain pill, she was told it is be given every 6 hours. I know better, it is for every 4 hours :tantrum2:. The saddest part is I can hear Mom screaming in the background with pain. (she is very sensitive to pain which does not help)
Finally get a hold of the new nurse (this happened during shift change), the nurse I like thank goodness. She had just given her her pain medication. I asked what are the orders, every 4 hours by the clock, I do not understand why the night nurse would make her wait 6 hours, and allow her to be screaming with pain.
Her orders change tomorrow halving the medication and every 4 hours as needed, meaning Mom will have to ask for pain medication, which she does not do, she just becomes confused and hallucinates, they label her with dementia and write her off. So a call to the Dr in the morning for them to go to 7.5 mg Norco every four hours.
Do not want to ask for Tramadol due to my reaction to it, no pain relief, with all the negative side effects.

Tomorrow is her case conference, need to get my notes ready, without good pain control nothing else matters IMO.
She is three weeks from her fall, and less than two weeks from her surgery.:headbang:
 
Chris @ Pumpkin

I had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye reading about your mother's care and your battle to have her pain controlled.

Hoping that your needs and her needs will be better met after her Case Conference tomorrow.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Thanks Cathie, @marmora, :friends:
She is much better, her caregiver said she is eating well. She also took her shopping on Amazon, $$$$$, OH boy, good thing she cannot buy anything until I am there on Saturday.
 
Oh @Pumpkln,

Chris, my heart goes put to you and your mom. How distressing to receive a phone call with your mom screaming in pain in the background. I feel very strongly that a line of inquiry should be made about the nurse forcing her to wait six hours. The sheer fact she is waking up in pain is awful and equally shows a need for her medication to be given on time. Where's the nursing in this nurse? It's hardly rocket science! I just don't understand this mentality that some so called nurses have regarding elderly care. As I said in my posts from when I was in hospital, the last time, what I witnessed on there for the so called care of the elderly was heartbreaking. Yes, they also got labelled with dementia if they got confused, even just because they'd developed a UTI, which does send an older person a bit off the mark. She's bound to get confused if the pain all encompasses her. Oh Chris, what a rotten shame for you both to go through this.

I don't understand the need to halve her medication either? That's so odd if she's still in dreadful pain. I'm with you regarding Tramadol it only worked for about a week in me and then it was like I was taking placebos.

Good luck with her Case Conference tomorrow. I don't want to sound like I'm telling you what to do but please if you have the dates and times of that awful nurses care, remarks and attitude, they should be presented to the panel, as well as the telephone conversation, where she was screaming in the background.

I'm certain that with your professional backgrounds your notes will be spot on. Good luck and I will be thinking of you. I look forward to reading how you get on xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx sending you a big hug my friend :console2:
 
Chris, I don't know what it is about night nurses in the nursing homes because that is where my trouble would start too. Isn't fair. I have you both in my prayes and I hope that it can be all straighten out. God Bless.
 
The caregiver who was with Mom last night who alerted me to the lack of pain meds, called this afternoon to see how she was doing, and express her concerns. She has great caring caregivers, we are so fortunate.
 
Hi Chris @Pumpkln, I loved the picture of the rainbow. I hope it is a sign of better things to come with your knee pain and with your mom's recovery. It must be heartbreaking to see and hear your mom in so much pain. You are such a fine daughter to her. I am happy to hear that you like her caregivers as well.

Take care of yourself!
 
Back
Top Bottom