Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

So happy that your mom is through her surgery. Good for you spreading the good news of BoneSmart. It sure has been a positive experience for so many people! Hope you are getting the rest you need. Good for you for resting it by using crutches yesterday.
 
Still feeling exhausted even with Mom at rehab, she thinks the pain is bad, she has forgotten the awful pain she had before her surgery. She stood on her own today :yes!:, Sunday will be a day off from rehab, and then back to work for her Monday. She must be better, she wants her daily martini.
My asthma has been acting up the last few days, when I was using my rescue inhaler every 2 hours today I knew something was wrong.
Went to the nearby urgent care, my lungs were clear, but based on my symptoms, and past history the MD ordered steroids. Picked them up at the pharmacy and have taken the first days dose, now waiting for them to work.
When my asthma flares like this I am exhausted, so on top of the stress with Mom the past few days, I have been fighting inflammation in my lungs.
The urgent care was not busy, I got in ASAP. As opposed to the ER's here, which on weekends are full of accident and shooting victims.
We are heading home tomorrow, not much more we can do, and I have Dr. appointments, therapy appointments, and my own bed awaits me. My brother is here, her caregivers are with her and can handle things from here on in. We will come back in a week or two.
What started out as a 3 day trip has turned into two weeks, I have been doing a lot of laundry to keep me in clean clothes.
 
Oh Chris, asthma on top of everything else??? God must have made you out of rock! You are so strong to be dealing with everything you do! I cannot imagine the mixed feelings you must be having. Leaving your mom but looking forward to getting home...it is good that your brother and the care workers are there. You have done what you can and you are a great daughter for it.

Have a safe trip home and enjoy your own bed!
 
Oh @Pumpkln, Chris,

I'm really not surprised your asthma has flared up. Two things trigger it as you well know, colds/allergies and worst culprit of all is stress x you have been under extreme pressure still being in recovery like that and dealing with the upset of seeing your mom in that state of pain and then undergoing an operation at her stage of life. Something had to give Chris.

I glad your MD was sensible and prescribed the steroids (Prednisolone?) that's the trouble with asthma, it can be really troublesome but not show up in the normal stethoscope test. It's supposed to be one of the classic symptoms. Yes, it does wear you out because your body is trying to breathe through what feels like blocked straws (metaphor for the bronchii), there is a lot less oxygen in your bloodstream and your body's trying to fight to keep you going as well as all the other stuff it's going through with your recovery and stress levels x x x x

I'm thinking of you and hope that you feel better soon
Take care my friend
Love Ann x x x x
 
Chris, I am so happy about your MOM. Now, You can take care of yourself. Please get some rest, it all over. Tashia
 
@Nana moon 27 , I knew you would know exactly what was happening with my asthma. :)
After just one dose of steriods, I have so much more energy today, good thing, we are getting ready to leave this afternoon. Mom is eating better, resting better, and getting up with help from PT. Looks like she still has a few good miles left.
My asthma exacerbation was started a few weeks ago with the smoke from a large fire that was like pea soup fog at times, it just got worse with all the stress, and lack of rest with all the worry about Mom.
I will be so glad to be at home this evening, and back in my own bed and house.

My knee is acting up today, I must have done too much yesterday. I was hoping the steroids would settle it down a little. Not sure what I should do about this mal alignment, I see this being a life time of managment and keeping my activity levels down to avoid irritating my leg and left knee. I will wait until one year to start thinking about my next move.
My feeling about more surgery is I yet to have any surgery that I would call successful, and know that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. :shrug:
I do have the most buff peroneal muscles of anyone I know, including my friends who do cross fit daily. Not that it is a real positive, but at least I have something to show off muscle wise.
 
My feeling about more surgery is I yet to have any surgery that I would call successful, and know that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

I understand exactly what you mean.
 
Chris, I hope that when you get home all the worries disappear and you can relax. I know its been ruff but remember this is now all in the pass. Sleep very well tonight. Take care. Tashia
 
Welcome back @Pumpkln

Now for a well earned rest. We both know steroids make you think you can rule the world and juggle at the same time! Ha ha xxx

I'm just so glad everything worked out for you, your mom and you family in the end.

All my love and best wishes
Love Ann Xxx
 
Actually I can juggle, now working on that ruling the world thing


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hello Chris @Pumpkln

Only just catching up with what has been happening with your Mother and yourself over the last few weeks. I've gone back to read the many posts that had been posted, so fairly up to date now.

You must be relieved that the surgery has brought your mother relief from the pain and that she is now comfortable and in good care with rehab and having her carers.

Coming home for you and your husband after three weeks must also be a great relief for your both. You have been through so much, with your TKR recovery, your asthma flare-up and the energy draining of being your mother's advocate during the last few weeks.

You must also be in a good place as your new avatar is bright and uplifting !
May your spirits continue to soar and keeping looking forward to the better days ahead.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues


I saw this cute caption and thought of you x x x
 
Back
Top Bottom