Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Hi @Pumpkln

Hi Chris

I didn't know what a T12 fracture is so I googled it. Oh your poor mom. My heart goes out to her and you all, that you've had to wait a week to find out, but thank goodness you know what's hurt her so much. Poor lady what a horrible part of the back for that to happen especially at her age. I'm so glad she's out of pain and that she's getting the correct treatment.

You can rest a little easier now that you know what's going on x I'm not surprised you're exhausted, this has been an extremely tiring and challenging week when your are still in recovery yourself!!!

Well done Chris, you've done brilliantly and I'll catch up soon. I feel tired tonight. It's 11.40 pm and I'm praying sleep will come. Going to try that sleep app again xxxx

Love and best wishes to you, your mom, husband and all xxxx
Take care, you know I'm only a click away love Ann xxxx
:friends::chillpill::flwrysmile:
 
@Pumpkln I'm sooooooooooo glad they finally figured out what was wrong, and now she's comfortable and you can rest and breathe again. Keep us posted on how she's doing, and how you are doing also. On another note, I've been following the doctor's orders, but not only is my knee not any better, the swelling is steadily getting worse, and along with that comes more pain. I'll be e-mailing him later this week as he wanted me to try it for 10 days, so I am. But I sadly suspect it'll need to have the scar tissue removed so I can lose the swelling, pain, etc. But at least that's not a major surgery, even though it is still another surgery.:boohoo::sad::bawl::groan::blackcloud::tantrum2::tantrum:I took a new picture a couple of days ago of my ugly knee and posted it below. Today it's a little more swollen than in this picture-it's spreading down my leg a bit too-you can sort of see some of the spreading in the picture; and swelling above also.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
    IMG_20141008_192730235_HDR.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 137
Hi @lovetocookandsew

I had similar problems to yours. The swelling got worse, then the pain and worst of all my mobility. I was told I was coming in for a straightforward operation and that I'd be out the next day. It turned into revision so now I'm back to square one with recovery but it feels better/different.

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Glad you are going to see the OS. They removed significant scar tissue during my revision, I am sure this contributed to my slow recovery.
A couple of members had straight forward scar tissue removal, as long as the spent the first few weeks following the mantra they did well.
 
Oh, I am so glad about this. Finally you can have some rest and have the right treatment also. Being in pain iss so horrible and espically for the person you love. Now that you know, please rest and know that things will get better. Take care and make sure you take care of that knee. God Bless Tashia
 
Mom has a kyphoplasty tomorrow morning. It will get rid of 60% of her pain. Has all the usual surgery risks. Nervous about being the person to make this decision for her, but she is miserable.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
I hope all goes well and your mom can get some relief. And I hope then you can also get some relief... It's hard to make decisions for others, but I am sure you are doing the right things for her. Take care of yourself, Kim
 
Hello @Pumpkln

Yes, that must be a horrible situation to find yourself in and I am so sorry you have to go through this.
You are doing what you think is the right thing to do. I had to google again to find out what it was. It sounds like the exact right treatment for your moms condition.

Sending you big...

[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues



All my love and best wishes to you Chris
Love Ann xxxx
 
Hi Chris,
I'm glad your mother is having a kyphoplasty to ease her pain and help to stabilise the fracture. I'd never heard of it either, but it sounds quite effective.

Please look after yourself, too.
 
Oh it is so hard but I know that you are making the right decision. Now try to relax. I know its hard but do try. God Bless You. Tashia
 
The more I read about kyphoplasty, the more I know this is the right decision. She has more than half of the reasons you should have this procedure done.
Her surgery is scheduled tomorrow 12:30 PM PDT.
Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers,

My poor knee is at wits end, it is flaring up, but seems to calm down fairly fast, thank goodness.
It think my knee is upset because is longer be the center of attention,
 
Try to have a good night sleep. We will all be praying and thinking of you and your MOM tomorrow. Tell your knee that when this ruff time is over , he will get a nice rest. God Bless you and your Mom. Tashia
 
Mom's surgery has been postponed until tomorrow, Wednesday at 3:30, with apologies from the OS. The surgeries scheduled in front of her took longer than they thought.
She is doing better knowing something will be done about her pain, and they put her on an airbed.
 
Hi @Pumpkln
I'm sorry that your moms surgery was cancelled. However, it's nice knowing that they have her on a comfortable and more appropriate bed. I'm glad she's relaxed and a little more settled too.

Her mental state sounds good and that's half the battle when an older person has to have surgery xxx

How are you today Chris? Xxxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 ,@alexthecat , @tashia , @lovetocookandsew, @Celle
I am exhausted, getting ready for bed at 7:15PM. Planning on going to the hospital after lunch.
Having trouble with my left achilles tendon, and gastroc's, they are not used to having to do this much work. :tantrum2: Hope to get to the pool in the morning.
I am feeling:tiredwheel:, and am going to bed.:sleep:
 
Back
Top Bottom