After 6 days of being pushed pretty hard, my knee has decided to make itself known, not bad, but I know it is there. Resting and Icing right now. Today will be a crutch day for me.
Mom's apartment is comfortable, and we can relax while we are here, slept pretty good last night, but could use even more sleep after the short night before.
I'm glad you can rest bit today. You deserve it. Let's face it your knee has behaved amazingly all this time so maybe it's entitled to have a grouchy day!!! You've done ever so well Chris. Thinking of you
So sorry you are going through it big time with your mother. Sitting by our family's bedside is a huge deal, and is truly a comfort to them.
I sat next to my mother for days in the hospital in Florida and the doctors said she was lucky, a lot of kids never show up. And, as you have seen with the fasting, it's important to be there to manage their care. One time they were going to do a painful, and unnecessary test, on my mother who had end stage Alzheimer's. I blocked the bed and wouldn't let transport take her. I'm mean like that.
Getting her MRI now, drive over to where the MRI is went well. She fell asleep in the machine, ambulance drivers are very good. This is going better than I expected.
Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
I'm so glad things are going well. I'm pleased your mom fell asleep in the machine. They're not the nicest of things. How is your knee today? You said it was a bit off yesterday xxx
Moms anti anxiety pill wore off the last 10 minutes, not a pretty sight, I fear she is failing. It is beaking my heart to see her in such bad pain, it is right up there with our worst pain post surgically.
I am very sad.
@Pumpkln Chris, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, I know it has to be so difficult to watch her go through all this. I wish I could help you in some way, but at least you know we are all here for you.
Oh @Pumpkln I'm so sorry to hear that. Your poor mom. I hope they find what's going on to cause that kind of pain xxx can nothing more be given to her? I hope you get some answers really soon. I feel so helpless that I can't do anything to help you. All I can do is be here for you Chris, offering you a great big virtual hug and a listening ear.
@Nana moon 27 Can I use your picture in your signature, I did not want to take it without asking. I just want to share it with someone if that is okay.
Chris - catching up and so sorry your mom is having to go through all of this ... and you along with her! What a blessing you are there to help guide her and be her advocate. Several friends are nurses here in Los Angeles hospitals and they uniformly advised me before my first surgery to be sure I had an advocate along with me to make sure things were being done as they should be, when I was unable to advocate for myself. They are all so busy that a squeaky (albeit friendly) wheel gets the proper attention. Good luck.
@Nana moon 27 , @NightQuilter@lovetocookandsew@kneeper
Mom is resting today, and calmer.
Results of the MRI are a T 12 fracture from her fall. Cannot believe it took a week to sort out. She is now appropriately medicated, finally.
She looks better, we are all relieved to know what was hurting her so much.
We will see the orthopedic specialist tomorrow to decide what to do.
I am exhausted, and am at her apartment with my feet up .
Things are looking up, just glad to have some answers.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.