Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

@Josephine @Pumpkln My knee doesn't feel hot, but it has been hurting more lately, whereas there was no pain at all for a long time. Icing, elevating and staying off it are making no difference to the swelling.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Pumpkln It's going to be a pain as the weather gets colder...most of my jeans are too snug around my knee :sigh:. Today I was a bit chilly as I went out in capris and flip-flops. We'll have a few more warmer days according to the weather reports, but fall is definitely here. I tried on a few pairs with looser knees, but they were also looser in the waist and I can't have jeans that fall off-then I'd be a funny video about to happen....:heehee:. I have one pair that fit my knee without being snug-otherwise my jeans are all the wrong fit now. I may have to either wear leggings...shudder....snug my knee into the jeans or just freeze. I can wear sweats at home but there's no way I'm wearing them in public...lol. Oh, well, such is the life of us TKRs.
 
@lovetocookandsew

Here in Dublin, sitting here in my linen capris pants and it's the end of September and know that I won't be able to do this for much longer.

I had taken up golf last year and bought 2 pair of trousers for golf one plain black and one navy blue and tried them on the other day.

Because they are for active wear they stretch over the knee and do not feel tight and will work well for the colder weather and also bought a pair of jeans with Lycra that I have worn out to dinner and again the Lycra helped provide that extra stretch over the knee.

There should be an on-line clothing shop for post TKRs, it would do great business.

Know that this is a 'small problem', but still something to consider when buying pants.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Try a western store, they have all different types of styles, leg cuts, and brands. I like Aura by Wrangler, they are for women only and last forever.
There should be an on-line clothing shop for post TKRs, it would do great business.
:idea:

We went right from summer to fall in a day, had to switch from AC to Heat. The fire is 75% contained and more rain is expected today :yay:.

Picked up my Lidocane patches yesterday. Wore the patch all day, it helped quite a bit with the pain over the ITB. I reminded myself that just because it did not hurt so much, I still had to go slow and not irritate the ITB more.
No irritation or skin reaction, I am going to wear the patch starting tonight to help with sleep.
 
Wearing a sweat shirt over my summer shirt, just in case it gets warm later today. :heehee:
Our neighborhood had a pool party scheduled for tonight, :rotfl:. One of the neighbors has volunteered her home for the party, thinking I will bring this :swim:.
It appears the lidocane patch is helping, after only wearing it yesterday. Feels like it shut down those nerve endings that were firing just because that is what they are used to doing. Today they are resting, and I am more comfortable.

Pain, a confusing, confounding thing, sometimes a liar, sometimes a warning, and sometimes just a pain.
 
Ended the day with fireworks! Great show.

My knee seems better. Almost think I will be cutting down the night time medication soon.
The unrelenting painful night, gives me pause to stop pain meds too soon.
Better to error on the side of caution.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@Pumpkln

Really like your philosophical description of pain.

Weather on this side of the Atlantic still in a mix up, out yesterday and some women in black tights(panty hose) and boots, some in saddles, some in Autumn winter clothes and some in summer fashion.

Each hour seems to be a different season and the only way is to dress in layers for the cool morning, warm sunshine afternoon and then the colder evening.

Interested in your Lidocaine patch and will ask my OS on Thursday about same, as the knee pain is constant 24/7 and current pain meds of 2 Solpediene every 4-6 hours and maximum of 8 in any 24 hour period aren't really hitting the pain all the time.

Take care and day of rest after your pool party on Saturday,
Cathie
 
I put my lidocane patch on too high last night, lowered it this morning and it is working better.

We have the same weather here, the fog is rising right now. The pool party was fun, it was at someones house, not at the pool.

Going out to my brothers later to pick up home made fermented pickles, yumm.
 
Hello Chris @Pumpkln

The pickles sound a Yummy, I love them .

We don't have a tradition of pickled cucumbers over here- but, now that Lidl and Aldi ate in Ireland able to buy delicious Polish or German pickles.

Getting ready for Sunday Family Roast dinner at 6:30.
Both sons dropping over- if I send a text mentioning Food they always seem to respond.
Must be the cave man instinct.

Knee a bit stiff today, and it's now damp outside and had a small drop of rain earlier.
Wondering if you or any others are effected by damp weather ?

Take care,
Cathie
.
 
Getting ready for Sunday Family Roast dinner at 6:30
Sounds wonderful!
I have a nephew, who when we left the vacation home we rented, filled his family cooler with frozen pizza and soda pop. Leaving behind all the healthy stuff. :heehee: Boys/Men are the same everywhere when it comes to food.
Maybe @lovetocookandsew , will share her refrigerator pickle recipe with us.
The weather changes drive my knee nuts, fast barometer changes are the worst.
Resting the back of my knee on a hot pack right how :chillpill:, ahhhhh.
 
Here's my refrigerator pickle recipe.
Refrigerator Kosher Dill Pickles

12 c. water

6-8 c. white vinegar

Scant 1/2 c. pickling salt

2 tsp. mustard seed per jar*

24 peppercorns per jar* (I use Tellicherry peppercorns as that’s my favorite pepper and the only kind I buy)

4 tbsp. dill seed per jar*

2-4 chopped garlic cloves per jar*

5 or more bunches fresh dill (I like a lot of dill in each jar)

24 cucumbers-whole(blossom ends trimmed) or spears**

clean wide mouth canning jars with plastic lids (I prefer the plastic lids but you can use regular canning jar lids and bands)

*I use half gallon jars-if you use quart jars, etc, adjust the per jar amounts accordingly
**https://groworganic.com/organic-gardening/articles/cut-those-blossom-ends-off-your-cucumbers



Clean the glass jars and lids thoroughly in your dishwasher.

Combine the water, salt and vinegar in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.

Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.

Put seasonings and a few whole dill flowers with stem cut mostly off in bottom of canning jars, then snugly (but not crammed tight) pack quartered or whole cucumbers in each jar. Pour brine (water/vinegar mixture) over them, covering the cucumbers completely. Put more dill on top ( I use the dill weed also but not the stems), making sure it’s covered with the brine, snugly screw on lid. Shake the bottle for a few seconds to distribute the spices evenly. Store in the refrigerator. Shake the bottle(s) for a few seconds every day. The pickles will be ready in about a week, but the longer you leave them in the refrigerator, the better they will be and will keep refrigerated for about 6 months.

*It’s a matter of trial and error to get the recipe to your liking and taste. I usually just pick all of my ripe cucumbers and some dill, then make the brine. I never really know exactly how many jars I’ll make as it depends on the cucumbers; I can always go pick more dill, or make more brine if needed, or toss out the extra brine if I don’t need it all. I just wash a bunch of jars and lids in the dishwasher as I can always put them back if I don’t need them all.
 
@lovetocookandsew

This is the time I had a big US style refrigerator and not a European one.
No room for the jars in mine.

Well, will have to continue to buy my pickles in Aldi or Lidl .

Take care,
Cathie
 
Back
Top Bottom