Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

@tiredwife ,
It is clear this morning, it makes a big difference. The wind is changing so we are uncertain what direction to go.
We went around the house last night and looked at doors and windows with broken seals. We taped up the front door, fireplace, and sliding glass doors. The rest of the windows have been replaced and are working great.
I did not think it would make a difference, but it has.
Thanks for caring, I will take care and keep everyone posted.
And my knee decided to have a hissy fit last night, :sad:. It settled down this morning.
 
@Pumpkln Glad the air cleared! Hope it stays that way! You need to listen to that knee, they get kind of angry when you don't. Hubby decided that driving yesterday wasn't a good idea, knee let him know he shouldn't have. I think overdoing is a common problem.
 
Thanks @tiredwife , @new knee in June , @busylizzie , @patient 99 .
Air still in moderate range (safe for me), OS visit went well, he was glad I am making progress. He is going to give me lidocane patches for the IT band pain, and I will alternate it with Voltaren Jel for the inflammation. Hurried up and went to the pool before the winds blow more smoke here. I feel so much better being able to exercise, the water was perfect, and the hot tub was great after my swim. :SUNsmile:
The air was 100% clear once we got south of town, and all the way to Carson City. They said this was the first day their air was clear. We went to a nice restaurant for lunch, I had escargot pizza, it was wonderful, they had other pizzas if that is not to your liking.

Warning Silly Joke to Follow:

One day an Escargot went into the Cadillac dealer to order a White Caddy with a Red interior, he asked them to add small red s's all over the car.
The dealer was hesitant to ruin the Caddy this way. He asked the Escargot why do you want red s's all over your brand new beautiful Caddy????
The Escargot answered: Because when I drive by I want them to say look at that S Car go. :rotfl:

I seem to have my sense of humor back, feeling much better!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Pumpkln Diana will be jealous, but you get a....
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
Glad you got in the water today!
 
Hi Chris, Have you any experience of the effectiveness of a treatment called Myofascial Release? Its being offered by a clinical massage therapist near where I live. She says it is a gentle series of specialised stretching techniques, designed to rehydrate the fascial tissue, free restrictions, ease pressure from compressed blood vessels and nerves and reinstate circulation. She continues.......... Releases are repeated along restriction pathways until the tissues become softer and more flexible, which, in turn restores alignment and mobility to muscles and joints.

I phoned her and told her what my problems were with my TKR. She said she thought she might be able to help and that I should book an appointment. Does it sound like another fad, playing on the desperate?
 
@patient 99 ,
Myofacial release has been around for awhile, it was made popular in the US by John Barnes, he is in Sedona Arizona. His classes are approved by PT boards all over the country. That said I would ask her where she received her training, and how long she has been a massage therapist.
The good news is that she has advanced training and is not fresh out of massage school.
If you felt comfortable talking to her on the phone, go ahead and book a visit. During your session follow the Bonesmart recommendations, and say NO if anything is uncomfortable or painful.
If it helps it will take more than one session, she should also be able to help you with movement education so you can learn how to use the tissues that have been released, and not go back to old habits.
BTW: After body work, drink water, take it easy, no exercise, no long walks, just normal activities the rest of the day. The next day you can resume all activities.
Let me know how it goes,
 
Hello @pumpkin

Just stopping by to say Hello and hope that the smoke has died down and that your knee is behaving.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@marmora , @tiredwife,
The smoke has returned, this time with heavy winds from a big storm front. friends West of here have heavy rain, and it is moving this way.:yay: The rain has it's sights on the fire and will cool it down. Paradoxically these fires can burn all winter in the center of downed tree trunks under the snow, firefighters will go back next spring and put them all out.
For now we have smoke and I am inside.
Changed my CPAP fine filter after 5 days, :eeeuw:. I usually can go for a month with a fine filter, and they are never as bad as this one.
 
@Pumpkln Glad rain is moving your way, hope it gets there soon! Asthma and sleep apnea, you poor thing! I'm just glad we live in a time that we can control it. My uncle has had sleep apnea for a long time. He still has his original machine, the thing is huge, sits on the floor and makes and awful racket. Hubby's machine is pretty small and isn't very noisy. My first nebulizer was pretty big, bigger than a shoe box, but my new one can almost fit in my purse. So much change over the years. You are in Nevada aren't you? Hope the fires get put out soon.
 
My machine is small and quiet, DH doesn't notice it. My Dad had one of those loud big bricks.
Now they are warning people about flash flooding and mudslides as the rain approaches the fire. We are on the otherside of the mountains and are OK.
My knee is unhappy with the storm front passing through, and the pharmacy is waiting for the lidocaine to be delivered.
I was hoping to use the lidocane today :sad:.
 
@Pumpkln Hi, Chris. I sure hope your knee feels better. We got some rain today, also. I hope this portends a lot of rain this year, we need it. Hey, I wanted to show you two pictures of my knee, one about 6 weeks ago and one I just took, and see what you think. Take care.

[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Chris @Pumpkln

Hope that the smoke has lessened and that your breathing is no longer affected.

Mother Nature is so powerful and it always makes me feel that the wonder of Nature can't be harnessed and we work around it.

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie
 
Back
Top Bottom