Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Hi @Pumpkln I am so happy to hear you had a nice holiday seeing your Mom and sure she was really glad to see you and spend time with you and your husband. Nice to see you back and hope your knees are settling down for you and after your long ride in the car I am sure that the breaks you took to stop for a bit were very welcome by you and your knee and hoping you can find some time to rest up and relax. Wonderful that you are getting into the pool and having a chance to cool off a little and relax in the water. I hope you are having an easier time sleeping and that your pain medication is helping with the discomfort and that all will just keep getting better and better for you. My cortisone shot is helping still a little creaky feeling but still an improvement taking it slower using my Dads walker which I use when walking a distance outside for now and finding the swelling has really come down. Take time to catch up from your busy trip and wishing you all the best for a lovely week. Holly
 
Welcome Back Chris @Pumpkln

Yes, you will probably need a rest after your trip as it was as we say over here, " a working holiday" !
But, great that you and DH were able to get so much sorted out for your mother.

Rest, relax and hope you get your swim in this week.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Glad your time away at your mom's sounded so good. I am also glad she listened to you and switched back chairs to get the elevation she needs.

@Lovestocookandsew - that photo is astonishing. We do no see many droughts here and I have never seen a lake that empty. Also glad to hear your fire season is almost done.

All the best!
 
Still getting caught up on my rest, busy today with PT and shopping. Wore me out. Icing before bedtime then hope to zzzzzzzzz's.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Good Morning Chris @Pumpkln

Hope that you got your zzzzzzzzzzz's and had happy & pain free dreams ! :chillpill:

Take care,
Cathie
 
Chris, glad to hear you had a good holiday and that you sorted out a few things that needed doing. Long drives are difficult in 'our' condition aren't they? Relax and recover.
 
Thank you all your good wishes, I am glad to be home :SUNsmile: after my trip.

At PT yesterday we were able to relax my foot for more contact. Today was the longest time I have gone with out Norco, 12 hours, :thumb:, I am so pleased. My revision is feeling as good as it has today, I continue to have that tight rubber band feeling, and soreness on the outside of my knee. Going to be awhile before everything settles down. I am sure my knee will let me know it is not fully healed yet.

I went swimming after lunch before the smoke rolled in, it looks like a marine layer, NOT! There is a fire about 75 miles from here, the afternoon winds bring the smoke.

I have PT tomorrow morning, listen to a HIPAA (privacy regs) DVD, and out to lunch with work buddies. Planning on driving all by myself for the first time since April, :tada:.
Then I think I will need to :sleep:,:ice:,:elevate:, and :chillpill:.
 
@lovetocookandsew ,
Thanks for the photo of the Trinity River, your vacation sounded great, and relaxing. Glad you are doing well, and finally I seem to be making improvment. You can feel stuck when it feels like nothing is happening.
I think revisions take twice as long, if not longer. So much more is done to the bone, and for me a re alignment, that over shot optimal alignment for me.
 
Hi Chris,
I am so pleased that things are going well for you. You truly deserve it.
You must be so excited to drive tomorrow! Good luck with it.
Hope PT goes well and that lunch with your colleagues is fun!
Take care and rest up.
:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Lisa!
You will be driving sooner than you think. I time my pain meds so they are out of my system when I get behind the wheel.
 
They updated the forum software the other day, and it looks like a lot of people were changed to new member, or member. You are the first person I have seen mention this.
 
@Pumpkln I don't really pay attention to it, just happened to notice it this evening...........But now I'm back to senior........lol. And I don't really even know what all the different levels are anyway.
 
Hi Chris,
How do you time your meds to drive? What meds are you on and how do you know that it is okay to drive. I am anxious to drive again.
 
Yes, I time my meds. I am on 5mg of Norco, and allow 6 hours before I drive. I sleep through most of the 6 hours.
I take a 1000mg of Tylenol in the morning, to get through the day.
Everyone is different, you will have to find your comfort zone.
 
Staying home today, pea soup smoke outside. :blackcloud:that is not rain, it is ash falling.:tantrum2:
Doing about the same today, feel like I am going into a plateau stage. Seems like I have a pattern of improving, plateauing, then improving again. As long as it keeps getting better.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom