Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

@pumpkin Great pictures! We see a lot of balloons in our neck of the woods and there is a balloon "fest" every fall. I like the ones that are not the traditional shape, such as one that looks like a witch's head, etc.
 
Your pictures are fantastic Chris! Well done. Looks like the weather was perfect for the event too. Thanks for sharing. One can get lost just staring at some of the pics and just float away...:cool: The time lapse video is pretty cool too!
 
The last 5 or 6 days there has been a real change in my Revision knee. All of a sudden I can do more, walk more, go with out my crutches outside, and not pay a horrible price later that night.
When we went to the Balloon Races on Friday morning, I decided I was not going to pay too much attention to my knee and do more of what I wanted to do (mind you I did not go crazy running around the field, which I would have done in the past). Did quite a bit of walking in spurts, with and with out my crutches. Was expecting additional knee pain later in the day. Iced and elevated at home. And guess what, I was just fine the rest of the day, and the next day.
The following day we went shopping did quite a bit of walking with my crutches, got home and took care of my knee, iced and elevated. And again, no additional knee pain. Did the same the following days. Today I have ditched the crutches to go out, and seem to be doing just fine.
I have learned my knee likes an afternoon nap, it is napping right now, ice and elevation, then some resting. Nope the rest of me does not need to nap, I can come on Bonesmart.
I have been able to cut back the pain medications, and have driven 2x today :yay:, this is big, now DH will not have to drive me everywhere.:yes!:
I still have a lot of work ahead, continuing rehabilitation, I have lost quite a bit of strength, need to work on balance, and becoming more mobile.
Going to stay with slow and steady, but am hopeful about continuing to improve and get some of my life back.

This has been a long 5 months, it is good to see some light at the end of the tunnel.:yes:
 
@Pumpkln Hi, Chris. Just popping in to see how you're doing. I'm still on vacation, but decided to take a minute and catch up. Your new Darth Vader pic threw me for a second....lol. I'm glad you got to go to the balloon races, and I'm even more glad you're doing better! We drove to Oregon a little over a week ago (I say we but I actually drove the whole way). We went rafting on the Rogue River, and up to Crater Lake (for the zillionth time-I love that place) among other activities. We stayed right on the river while in Oregon-due to the late decision to go ahead and take a vacation this year after my TKR, we had to take what we could get, so we stayed in a motel with a kitchen-it was okay but not great. (I attached a picture of the river from our deck) Today we came back to Calif. and are now staying in a cabin not too far from Trinity Lake and right near the Trinity River. It's beautiful here, lots and lots of trees, and so peaceful. The cabin is pretty big and a lot nicer than the place in Oregon. Tomorrow, I think we'll hit the swimming hole and do some bike-riding. Talk to you later, Kim
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
    rogue river.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 157
Reading your post was the best news I have seen all day!! Congrats Chris, you are so deserving of less pain and more life! Keep up the good work:happydance:

Be well,

Dawn
 
Pumkin, I am so glad things are getting better. Now that you have driven doen't it feel great. I went out for dinner and just sat there enjoying the weather. I hope that more good days are coming and the pain will only be memory. Take care. Tashia
 
Hello Chris @Pumpkln,

Uplifting report, seeing all the balloons seem to have also uplifted you - no wonder your Avatar is a balloon !

Walking without crutches, reducing meds and driving again :wowspring:

It has been a long five months for you and ups/downs along the way for you.
So happy that the ups are increasing.

As you say, still more hard work ahead, but great feeling to see & feel what work you have done that last 5 months is paying off. Here's to equal success for the next five months.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@Pumpkln and all. I quit and avoided the question about pain meds. I had similar reactions and was WAY over it. I also loved @71Beetle's comment. "You can't fix stupid." Ha Ha Ha!!! :heehee:
Thank you for your honesty about your struggles. It is a lonely path....I had no idea how lonely it would be on so many levels.
Were you able to go see the balloons? That sounds very fun. I am also happy you were doing something that felt like you didn't have to think about your knee.
x x x
~hopefaith
 
@MajorHeidi @lovetocookandsew @Dhare63 @tashia @marmora @Shortie @Poppet @JustmeT @hopefaith ,
Thanks for for your well wishes on my healing knee. Long road behind me and continued healing and recovery ahead..
You can see my balloon race photos on the previous page, we were right in the thick of it.

It is a lonely path....I had no idea how lonely it would be on so many levels.
So true, but with Bonesmart recovery is a little less lonely, support, games, and friends around 24/7 helps get us through the rough days.
 
I now what everyone means about friends and support. My immediate family are fantastic my OH is not at all medically minded and is quite squeamish and really doesn't want to know any specifics which is how he has always been and is fair enough as he looks after me in so many other ways.

With my original TKR I had lots of cards and visitors and work did a fantastic collection and I had lots and lots of visitors - my revision two cards (one from my daughter) no work colleges have seen me - I know everyone is fed up with my knee - me especially as to everyone I have become the tiresome subject of my knee and nothing else! I am lucky though as a have a few friends that although I don't see that often (mostly as we are all caught up with family life) I do know that if I need something they will come good. So I am really lucky that although there is not the quantity of good friends the quality is there.

Shortie x
 
Back
Top Bottom