Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Hi Chris,
I am so happy that things are looking up for you. It has been a long haul and you have got through it all with a smile. Helping and encouraging others while you went through so pain and frustration attests to your awesomeness. Thank you for being such a big part of the forum. I am pleased that you are getting better - you certainly deserve it!
:flwrysmile:
 
Finding I am sleeping better, and able to spead the pain killers out over a longer time. Having to be careful with this, too long and I have to play catchup still.
Another dental adventure yesterday. A 20+ yr old crown came off at lunch, went right to the phone and was able to get in at 2:30 to see the dentist, no decay, the crown is cemented back in, and is ready to go. So far so good.
It was payback for when we drove by the dentists office on the way to the store, and I thought, I am glad I do not have to go to the dentist today. As fate would have it, I still had to go back when the crown popped out.
Guess you could call this a crown revision, much easier than a knee revision.
Thanks everyone for you good wishes, :loveshwr:,
 
@Pumpkln,it never ends does it? Doctors, dentists, etc, sometimes getting old just sucks, but it sure beats pushing up daisies:). I'm going to talk to my doctor when I get back-although I am doing really well, I still have way too much swelling, IMHO, and it is making me more stiff than I should be. I can't complain tho-I've been rafting, walking up and down hills and stairs, walking around lakes, etc, and doing very well. I still have really good bending of my knee-just have a little bit harder time straightening it. If it wasn't swollen I could almost bend it as much as my left knee...as it is I bend way more than some people I know who had this done in the past, but they have no swelling and can straighten all the way. Take care and I am so glad you're doing so much better.:yay:
 
Hi @Pumpkln Just stopping by and wanted to see how you are doing. You have a really good outlook and how nice to read your progress it is not any easy thing to get through this surgery and you have come along so good. I to had no relief from pain medication wish it had worked probably would have made the rest of the other stuff easier.

Sometimes it almost feels like people are afraid that if they get close they will catch what we have. I think they are afraid watching someone recover that they might have to deal with what they see us recovering from almost like they could catch the need for having this surgery from us and probably worried they would not handle it as well as we try to. I found that some people who had been close stayed away a little more then before maybe they just did not know how to help.

My idea is that a friend is a friend no matter what good times or bad the best friends stick around and the ones that are not there during these times might be uncomfortable or just maybe nice acquaintances. My husband is not only my husband but a friend when need someone to talk to and make you feel like things will be ok if only people realized that staying away is hurtful we will all need this help some time along the way and most of this help costs nothing just a few minutes of their time.

I am sorry that you had to go to the dentist but nice that your tooth is fixed and hoping nothing else comes along you have had more then your share and now time for some smooth relaxing time. Nice to hear you are sleeping better to. Holly
 
Rode in the car 100 miles snd I am exhausted! Knee is doing well, tomorrow we ride 70 miles. Whew!
Thanks everyone for your posts, they really cheer me up,
 
Hi Chris,
Happy to hear that you are sleeping better and that you are able to space the meds out more. Where are you travelling? Safe travels where ever you are headed!
:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Chris @Pumpkln ,

Must have missed one of your post along the line when you mentioned you 'massive' road trip, as of your post now at 170 miles. Does that mean then a return journey of 170 miles ?

As a Forum advisor, I'm sure that you are taking breaks to get out and stretch your legs and walk a bit and hopefully, are traveling with some sort of ice.

As Roy Rogers sang, " Happy Trails to you, until we meet again" !

Cathie :hog: ( couldn't find a car !!!)
 
Hi @Pumpkln and everyone I really like your balloon photos somehow I missed them before reading earlier posts on your thread and noticed you mentioned going and so happy to see they are beautiful. thanks for sharing them with us. Nice to have so many caring people here on bone smart it is sometimes easier to express your feelings and not so uncomfortable to be judged. I find that along with my husband who is a jewel most of the people that I meet along the way and even those that I see at the grocery store or restaurants that we have got to recognize take the time without asking to show interest in how things are going. I wonder if people are scared that it is catching this knee stuff and surprised one day when one of my brothers showed concern upon my need for insulin that something like diabetes might be contagious almost like the flu how I asked him how he would feel if people felt this way about his daughter who has Chroh's disease and how she would feel if this was the idea being near would infect others to hope this does not happen but probably does.

Offers of help before surgery and then they fade but my husband said that he was more then happy to do whatever and would be ok either way. People mean well but the time to give your time is better spend when needed then waiting to be there for someone when it is too late or when the person has passed on and no longer can feel the love that would have been better when they were alive. Thanking you
Pumpkln for all of the help and times you have been there for me and all of you friends as well who have always taken the time to listen and help.

Thanks to all of you who are the best friends unconditional friendships even when all we have to share is our need for understanding how much we all have in common and how you are there when we need someone to just be there for us and care. The posts explaining how things are going after surgery and before and how you are managing even so positive vibes that we can share even if the news is not happy.

I love being part of this wonderful group and wishing you only pain free days, time doing the things that bring you happiness and wonderful to see the progress you are making each day and looking to the day when all is so much easier for you. Thanks for being there for me to when others may not have time and wishing you a wonderful weekend. Holly
 
@lovetocookandsew , @lavender , @Celle , @marmora , @new knee in June ,
Just got back from visiting Mom, Whew, am I tired :yawn:.
We spent the night in a Motel about 100 miles from here on the way down, workmen checked in at 4AM, the end of their shift, we were up:bored:. Got an early start and arrived at Moms at 8AM. After the ride down there, I had a hard time getting my knee to settle down. Just to busy when we arrived.
DH redecorated her apartment, putting her doll collection and her old banks collection where she can see them. It looks great! We went out for lunch twice, seafood and then Chinese the next day. I got the more mundane tasks, going through mail, paying bills etc. We also got her some new light compression socks that are more comfortable. She has a new lift chair that does not bring her feet high enough, she agreed to let us bring the old one back that elevates her feet. My brother will switch the chairs this week.
Swam one day in the facility pool, they keep it at 90, but have lowered the temperature in hot weather, it felt great. One of her friends was at the pool, asking me about the people they used to play bridge with, and I knew all of them. All have passed except my Mom and two other friends. They go out to lunch every week.
Planned more stops (5) on the way home and my knee is happier. I have had my knee up since we got home, it is feeling pretty good, just resting here.
There is a fire south west of here, we are getting all the smoke Argh, I am not happy about this development.
It looks like Bejing.

Thank you Holly for your nice post, I really appreciate your posts and support.

This will be me tomorrow morning :alarm:.
 
Hi Chris,

Welcome home. It sounds like you had a busy visit with your mom. Smart that you made 5 stops on the way home. I am sure your knee was happy for it as well. Good for you for getting a swim in as well. I find I get lazy whenever I am out of my own element. It shows dedication on your part to keep up with the swimming. Bravo!
What are the plans for this week? After you finish doing this...:alarm:!!
 
How great to come check on your progress and find that things are improving!!! I'm so glad. That was quite a trip fo your knee and it sounds like it did really well. Hooray!!!!
 
PT twice this week, and a massage on Friday. Looks like I will be going to the gym to swim with all this smoke.
And resting up from my "Vacation".
 
@Pumpkln, welcome back! I hear you about resting after your vacation....we've been playing catch-up today after being gone 2 weeks and now I'm beat. I need a vacation from my vacation :heehee:. We traveled about a thousand miles all told. I did most of the driving as hubby likes to watch the sites AS HE"S DRIVING :yikes:, which makes me crazy, so I usually drive. My knee did really well, and I had a nice vacation. I hope you had a nice one, too. I didn't swim in a pool but I did hit the river swimming hole and we did some rafting, also. That water is cold, but it feels nice when it's hot outside. Unfortunately I had to come back home where it was 103!!!!!! yesterday!!!!!!!!! after being a lot nicer weather where we were. But the good news for we two, Chris, is the heat is almost over for the year.:yay: There were some fires both in Oregon and Happy Camp which gave us some smoke a couple of days, and we watched the scooper planes land in Lost Lake to take on water to fight the fires. Those guys look like they take their lives in their hands as they slow way down and scoop up water. I'm glad our fire seasons are almost over for the year, too. I sure hope we get a ton of rain this year-the lakes are all REALLY low. Shasta and Trinity Lakes are lower than I've ever seen them. It was unreal to see boat launch ramps to nowhere......I'll attach a picture of a boat ramp at Trinity Lake that ends about a half mile or so from the lake now and has a windy road now to get to the water. Other boat ramps were totally closed as they are too dangerous and there's no water on them right now. Take care and rest that knee!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
    trinity boat ramp.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 174
Hi @71Beetle for your kind post and I am so anxious to have this surgery not the recovery but just having a date and feeling so ready to have it happen. Hope you are doing fine and that your knees are doing great and wishing you a nice week. Holly
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom