Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

There are different strengths and dosages of Norco also. Someone taking a 5 mg every four hours obviously is not affected as much as someone taking two 10 mg every four hours. That's the only pain med I've used, and I can say for sure it's gone in 4 hours for me. I can feel the pain starting to come back after about 3 1/2 hours. It also takes an hour before it starts taking effect after I take it. I get concerned about still taking it, but my OS and my PT say I shouldn't worry about it. If I still feel the pain, I still need it, and that's what it's for. If you feel it wearing off and the pain is coming back you are just not ready to quit taking it.
 
I take 5 mg and it lasts 5 to 8 hours, depending on whatever. With the half life 3 to 4 hours, thinking I will be OK after that amount of time. Will give it a go with DH with me, and if he say Nope you are not ready, then I won't drive.
 
Had a wonderful time at the Great Reno Balloon Races this morning, I will post more photos later.
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
 
@Pumpkln I know we are all different, and only you can decide what is best for you, but I can't imagine 5 mg impairing your driving ability. That's a very small dose. If it caused any drowsiness or dizziness at all, it would probably only be the first few times you took it. We seem to adjust to the side effects of meds quickly.
 
Aha! On my thread I asked about your avatar but now I see it is a Hot Air Balloon. Totally cool! Happy to hear that you had a good time! We did not get out for our Annual Hot Air Balloon Festival this year. It was last weekend and it rained on Saturday and Sunday and the weather was so nice on Monday, I just wanted to hang out with the kids by the pool.

I am with you Chris on the driving thing. I may whine and winch about how inconvenient it is and how I want my freedom back but the truth is, I am not ready for it. I drive an SUV so I cannot even get into the driver's side without using a stool. If I was to try to reach for the stool myself once I was in the car, I would fall out head first. I am pretty sure there is not a soul in the world who would want to see THAT except for the laugh of it. I have tried to grab the school with my cane and it is not easy from the passenger side, never mind from the driver's side with the steering wheel in the way.

So we will wait together and cheer each other on once we are there. The drugs are not as much of a concern for me as I hope to be weaning off of them after I meet with my doctor on the 16th.

Have a great Friday night!
 
Oh @Pumpkln I love the pics of the balloons. They're so colourful and vibrant. What a wonderful sight to behold. I would have absolutely loved to see that. Looking forward to more pics please xxxx love Darth Vader what a work of art!

I've just read through your thread...friends...old friends....ones you've supported in the past with hysterectomies...took flowers...given them a hug....stayed in touch....vanish off the radar. Over 30 years friends...Gone into oblivion. More recent friends, yep, flowers, texts, phone calls, visits. Crazy!!!! @Dhare63 I agree with you x

I have to say though the friends I've made on here are amazing and you have been brilliant to me in the dark hours and beyond xxx thank you xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Pumpkln

Good Morning Chris from Dublin,

Have spent some time reading your posts from about start of a June to today, most of the time I've connect with you on other people's threads, so good to get more of the "Pumpkin / Chris"" experience.

Good to hear that the extreme night of pain has not returned to you and how your swimming is helping.

You must live near or close to Las Vegas or The Grand Canyon area, as you mentioned "Burning Man".
One of my sons attended that a few years ago, and thankfully arrived back in Ireland not the worse.

Really envy you attending the Balloon Festival, was definitely worth the early start !

Your photo from the event are beautiful and would love to be up in a hot air balloon floating away from the TKR experience.

Take care and glad that through reading through your posts, I feel I know your story a bit better now.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@Nana moon 27 , I am glad I started the conversation about friends, I was surprised by how many felt the same way. I am sure there are others who have not posted that benefited. I think seeing and saying what is happening helps to be able to move forward. I agree the friends we meet here help get us through the dark hours, and understand what we are going through.
@marmora , I live about 400 miles from Las Vegas. Nevada is 492 miles long (787 km). Glad you enjoyed the balloon races photos. I need to post a few more.
@tashia, taking the driving very slowly, no rush.

Holding my breath, my knee seems to be doing better, only time will tell,
 
Some Balloon Race Photos, top left, glow show with Sushi and Guppy, top right getting ready,
middle left two pilots talking, then 3 solo balloons overhead, last a balloon looking for a place to land, not in my backyard please. Top right and the one below are the same balloon
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
 
WOW, They are great. When we lived in Aziona, we had balloons all the time going over the yard. Someday I would like to ride in one. Pumpkin, I am so glad that your knee is getting better. I hope it keeps it up. Take care. Tashia
 
Day three of the Balloon Races, we can see them from the house, the sky is full of balloons peacefully floating.
Tomorrow there will be a few balloons who have not gone home, then a few balloons through out the year until next year.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom