Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Thanks @lavender, you are so right someone who has not had this surgery has no idea what it is like.

I have sleep apnea, my APAP records sleep data. When I took a look at the data tonight, I noticed that my AHI went from .72 to 2.56, starting the day I went cold turkey to tramadol, and is staying there even though I am back on Norco since Wednesday. Also anxiety that won't go away, increased swelling, heat, and pain in my knee up to an 8-9 (back to previous levels), increased blood pressure, person, and a trip to the ER.
And a major loss of trust in the OS office. I am not sure which is worse.
People can be so specious at times, drives me crazy, literally.
 
@Pumpkln Oh, my gosh, I am so sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time. I know that Tramadol doesn't work for everyone. They actually don't really know how it really works in the body!! When I took it, it was like taking a sugar pill..did nothing at all for my pain at all. My brother took it when he has his shoulder reconstructed and he loved how it relieved his pain. I think those nurses in your OS office should just butt out. You just had a big surgery, and you have additional structural issues that are making your knee hurt even worse! Now is not the time to be ragging you with their opinion about your pain relief. Maybe if one of those nurses spent just one day going through what you are, they would shut up.

You're so right when you say that no one knows what this recovery feels like unless they've been through it.
Can you contact your GP about your pain meds? It would not be right to deny you proper pain meds now.

Good luck at your podiatrist appointment. Getting your foot in alignment will certainly help with the overall pain you're having.
Sending prayers for you Chris..you are going through so much.:tiredwheel:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I wish I could send you some calm moment with no pain. i would think that the doctor would know that you are in great pain and that you need pain pills. Please take a easy and enjoy the view. Just for today I will glad that we have this site and can commuciate to each other so that we don't feel so alone. I will be thining of you and sending you good thought. Take care. The kids want you know they are very concerned and they want to send you all good thoughts thru the day. Tashia and the kids.
 
So sorry to hear your still in so much pain,do hope you get to Lake Tahoe we went skiing there quite a few years ago loved it,it must be beautiful in the summer,hope you can relax and enjoy.Healing thoughts
 
Our government and medical profession should be ashamed of themselves for causing this pain medication problem. It infuriates me when I hear someone is in unnecessary pain because they wont prescribe the proper pain meds. It is easier where I live also to buy drugs off the streets and it sickens me. Percoset always made me feel good and kill the pain. Vicodin just kills the pain. So there is probably an adjustment your body is going thru. Wish I could offer better advice as you are such a help to so many here. (((Hugs)))
 
@Pumpkln
I have missed a lot. I wanted to see how you are doing and wow. I also have plantar fasciitis. It hasn't flared up as much this summer, but it is SOoooo painful when it does. I can't even go to the loo (as our UK friends say) without my good flip flops on.)
As you know, I SO get the depression piece. It is such a process, isn't it? As @Jozilla said, I wish I could offer you more, you give all of us so much.
I think and pray for you.
~hopefaith
 
Hi @Pumpkln I found my surgeon caring and he was very concerned when he was told that because secretary did not put through my request for a refill to him I was without for 3 days. The first few visits to him he did not seem to talk much he never even really said the visit was over just guessed and left. Until surgery I felt like he was thinking next and then onto the other patient. His secretary was never at her desk and had to keep calling back even after leaving a message. When rating pain I never felt under a 7 never 1 to 5 usually 8 or higher even with pills drove me crazy.

I went to his building for my pt my choice thought it would be better to have it there where he was able to check up on me. Realized that she was often down talking to girl at desk maybe for business not sure but still do not feel comfortable talking to her. He apologized at 6 weeks said they took a few extra days for the long weekend so he understood my family doctor stepped in and issued a refill request sent by our pharmacy who really care and concerned about the delay.

I phoned one day and actually got her and told her that I was sorry to keep bothering her but the calls were for important reasons. She told me they were there for any help needed and not to feel like I was bothering them. Still feel like she has no idea what his patients go through with this surgery and just a job probably for he just a job. Surgeon on the other hand does care and found that out when I started having problems. I like the surgeon wish I could talk to him and explain when help needed. You need a break sleep and someone to understand that the need for pain medication is not for fun but for relief of very severe pain . Depression caused also from trying to get someone medical to understand and find a solution.

I am anxious to have the left leg surgery hoping it will make thing feel less creaky and sore. I am not looking forward to the recovery and having to take pain medication again. This time going to try to get his opinion before surgery and see if he can suggest something that will work. I agree mine felt like sugar pills not used to taking pain killers before this but this time they need to find a better choice not going through what I did last time. Hoping you get the pain under control and wishing a nice vacation for you. Holly
 
Hi @Pumpkln
I am not familiar with the numbers and data you are referring to when you discuss the sleep Apnea but it does not sound like it is a lot of fun. This on top of everything else that you are going through.
Are you leaving today for Tahoe?
I do hope you get some relief from all that you are going through.
Sending you happy thoughts and healing vibes and letting you know that you are cared about.
Enjoy your day!
:flwrysmile:
 
Sad, but I am already mentally preparing myself for battle with the OS office for my next refill.
I am supposed to call my primarys office on Monday to report how I am doing, I will ask if she will take over my pain meds, but she is just as stingy, requiring regular blood testing.
@71Beetle
AHI is the apnea hypoxia index, anything under 5 is considered normal (most of us have a few apneas at night), so my numbers are OK, just up for me. Hope to leave today, we will see.
Thank you to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers, it helps so much to feel supported.
 
Thanks for clarifying. I hope you feel better soon and that you get the meds sorted out. I don't understand why they are so hesitant to give you meds. You clearly need them.
Hope you can get away for your much deserved holiday!
 
Oh @Pumpkln I do so hope you can get away and have that much deserved break. Your work on here is always always so tireless and supportive. I think a break will do you better than any medicine. Please take care and if you do go please have a lovely time there. We will be waiting for you on your return. Lake Tahoe sounds lovely xxxx take care xxxx love Ann xxxx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues

Morning view, thunder showers later today.
 
:dancy:
.
I am so relieved to have less pain, and feel like I can go out and have some fun finally. Going to a potluck at work tomorrow, and am looking forward to having a great time:".
Great to hear.... given all the pain and frustration.... some fun is long overdue
Enjoy!
Linda
 
That's a beautiful photo! I was hoping you would post some pictures so we can see how pretty it is!
 
Ooh @Pumpkln the place is sooooo beautiful. Will you be able to send more pics as the time goes by. Only if you can. I am quite happy if you want to post them on my thread too. I've heard so much about Lake Tahoe. The excitement from the forum is infectious. We can feel it all the way over here. Have a great vacation. How long are you away for? Xx
 
@Dosbichons it looks like dream stuff to me at the moment. It strikes me as "the place to go?" Several people reacted very excitedly about it including one of my Bonesmart friends over the pond her. She'd been there a few years ago x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Back
Top Bottom