Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Almost needed to phone for more after picking up prescription as it was so hard to get a hold of the office.
I have been picking them up on Friday, and calling in the next one on Tuesday, so frustrating.

I think you should see a podiatrist asap!
I have an appointment on July 28, we are going on vacation next week so I am waiting until we get back.
The good news in I bought some insoles from Ali Med, they have a deep heel cup and are keeping me in better alignment. I just got them today, and already they have made a difference. I am going order 2 more pairs to get me through until I receive my orthotics.

Thanks for stopping by to cheer me up, it is much appreciated. I had a great PT session, and my insoles arrived today. They must have heard all my whining and came to my rescue.

Now that I have the right pain medication, and my foot is calming down, my knee is feeling so much less stressed with every step. What a change since last night.
This is a real roller coaster ride, I think I just took a wild ride on the biggest roller coaster ever.
 
Now that I have the right pain medication, and my foot is calming down, my knee is feeling so much less stressed with every step. What a change since last night.
That is some refreshing news and I am happy to hear it! I do hope you continue to have more ups than downs. Please know that we are here for you through the entire roller coaster ride.

What are your plans for vacation next week? My hubby is planning on taking the two younger boys camping for a couple of nights next week. I will be on Griffin (our dog) duty for feeding and my eldest boy will be on dog-walking duty. Not a lot of work on our part as Griffin will sulk until my hubby gets home.

Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. xox
 
@71Beetle ,
We have rented a large house at Lake Tahoe for a family vacation. We have a great view of the Lake, Mom and I will be spending most of our time on the deck watching all the activity.
Feeling better going into tonight, hoping for some sleep after last night.
Everyone have a good night, if you need, someone is here 24/7.
 
I do hope you get a good night sleep tonight Chris.

A week in Tahoe may be just what you need. Sometimes just getting away from the every day environment can have a healing effect. I do hope that is the case for you!

When do you leave?
 
Dropping by to see how you are today. Holiday next week will do you good. I always love it near the water, I find it relaxing and calming. I wish I was coming with you, I can't wait for my turn to go away and have some sea air, I sleep better at night.
 
Good to hear that you have found some solutions and are feeling better. Hope you have continued improvement and a lovely vacation.
 
Hi @Pumpkln I just popped in to see how you're getting on. I'm so happy you're getting to go on vacation. I know I'm cheeky but would you post some pics for me please? It sounds lovely. I've heard this place mentioned before and it sounds like my kind of place xxxx

Big hugs pumpk1n. Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I'm so glad you're feeling better! Have a great time in Tahoe and get lots of R&R. A vacation is just what the doctor ordered. We rented a place on the Rogue river in Oregon in September for a two week vacation-I think everyone who goes through a TKR needs and deserves a vacation after the worst is over. Put your feet up and enjoy the lake.
Oh-and stay off that roller coaster!:)
 
:friends:@Pumpkln Hi there!! I'm so sorry to hear that you're having this trouble after your revision. You go in thinking it will correct the problem and end up still having issues. I think I'm in for the same ride myself.

I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation in Tahoe!!! I lived there, in fact went through High School there before moving to Reno. South shore. I would love to go back up for a vacation myself.:friends:
 
On the continuing roller coaster ride, I spent 8 hours in the ER having blood clots ruled out, my blood tests were high in a marker consistent with clots. I was resting in the after noon and suddenly was short of breath, took my blood pressure it was off the charts 190/110. Before we left for the ER I took mini press, by the time we got there my BP was 110/50, talk about a wild swing. After a long wait watching a parade of people pass through the ER I was finally placed in a room for evaluation. My treatment was excellent, they brought me my dose of pain meds when I asked, and other wise were thorough and kind. The modern design of the ER was such that my room was quiet even though they were quite busy. Finally at the end of a long evening, blood clots were ruled out and I was able to go home.
I think I was probably having an anxiety attack about all the knee and foot problems, the roller coaster ride of doing well, and a few hours later having my knee pain go through the roof is taking a toll on me. Combined with the pressure to get off the pain meds from the OS office, not from the OS, but from the nurses is wearing me down.
In all of this my counselor called to see about setting up an appointment, she was very kind and called back later to see how I was doing.
Slept OK last night, feeling very drained this morning. The way our vacation is set up we can wait a day before leaving, giving me some breathing space. I think a change of scenery will be good for me, I am sick of being sick. Until I can get in to see the podatrist, and the OS, I am going to have face the fact that I need a walker or crutches all the time to reduce the forces through my unstable ankle, just to help keep me comfortable. Does not help that I have no real shoes, I broke down the new ones already, and can no longer wear them.
For today the good news is I did not have blood clots,
Thanks for taking the time to read this,
 
I am so sorry that you are having so many problems. But it does look like you are getting pretty good care. Enjoy the scenery at Lake Tahoe, use your walking aids, take deep breaths, kick back and rest and relax.
 
@Pumpkln sorry to hear about yesterday.

You have certainly been on some rollercoaster. Please take it easy and take all the pain meds you need. It is certainty not the time to reduce or change them. Use what walking aids you feel most comfortable with. I agree a holiday will do you good. A change of scenery and some relaxing fresh air will make you feel better. I know it won't make the problem go away . I'm glad they didn't find any blood clots. Do you have to travel far to get to the lake?

Take care, I will be thinking about you. Safe journey there.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Pumpkln. So sorry you are going thru all this. I do hope you enjoy your vacation - even if it is to change the scenery which helps! Lake Tahoe sounds very beautiful!!
 
I'm so sorry to read of all your challenges. :sad: I hope things start to turn around for you very soon. Enjoy your time in Lake Tahoe - it's absolutely beautiful there. xoxoxo
 
Geeze, what happened to you Chris? You were 3 months post op on Tuesday (my son's birthday) and having so much pain. You were recovering along so well at first, I was jealous!! I do hope that you start feeling better soon...

Btw, I looked at your wet foot print...I don't see it at all as walking on the outside of your foot but rather you have a 'high arch' my wet foot prints are just the same. It is so true with PF...wear your shoes at all times possible to help with pain to keep that arch supported and not retearing all those little micro fibers in the plantar fascia.

Enjoy Lake Tahoe...it's so beautiful there!
 
@RunA42K , I walk heavily on the outside of my foot, and have an inverted calcaneus, that inverts more at initial stance, tweaking the knee. There is also a 4 degree bend where I broke my leg, into inversion.
I have already broken down the new Brooks, only two weeks old, I am giving them to my niece who loves green. I have a podatrist appt on the 28th. I hope he can help with the calcaneal instability. I have a grave yard of othotics that did not work, or increased my pain. And the OS office wanting me on tramadol did not help sending me up to an 8 or 9. I have some off the shelf arch supports that give me some support, I basically have no shoes I can wear except for a pair of converse using these supports.
We live about an hour from the house we are renting, not to bad a drive and the scenery is great.
I just hate to be dumping my feeling poorly on the other people up there, it makes me so sad. But I know isolating myself is worse, and I need to get out of this house.
Thanks everyone for your good well wishes and concern it warms my heart. :friends::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chris,
Dropping by with some well wishes and a flower:flwrysmile:

So frustrating for you to go through all of this. You need to take care and use your walker. The holidays are for you to enjoy so make yourself as comfortable as you possibly can.

If you have time to write while you are away, please keep us in the loop. If you can't get on, know that we are here thinking of you.

Take care!
 
Hi @Pumpkln Sorry you are having so much stuff happening with your leg. It is good that you went to the hospital to have things checked and that you did not have any blood clots. So hard sometimes to explain to people who have never had this surgery just how much pain it can cause and trying to get past the pain with something like tylenol just does work. Hope you can have some relief from the pain and feeling of anxiety when you go for your vacation it sure would be nice to have a break. Hoping things get so much easier. This surgery is truly a roller coaster ride. Hope you have a good night sleep hoping for you your pain stops. Holly
 
Back
Top Bottom