Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Hi @Pumpkln, Sorry did not realize you were not up to par. I always meet up with you in the Limericks room or on @Nana moon 27's thread, and you always seem so cheerful and ready to cheer others up. Sorry you are not feeling that great yourself. Will keep you in my thoughts. Take good care of yourself. Those Limericks always help me keep my mind off what is ailing. Feel better :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Pumpkln I am ever so sorry to read about what you're going through at the moment. You are as you well know doing all the right things. You are always around cheering people up and giving advice and yet you're suffering. You are a very brave and lovely lady. I admire that quality in you.

All I can say Pumpk1n is that my thoughts are with you and I pray that you will get a break from that rotten pain. You sound a little like me inasmuch as it feels like what next? There always seems to be so much extra with this recovery. I'm now putting it all down to coincidence. It helps me cope a bit better. I ask myself could these extra health issues have occurred without the surgery and I answer the question.

However in your case it does sound like the knee is responsible for any misalignment that's caused your trouble. I'm no medic it just seems that way.

Please take care now and I'll catch up with you later.

All my love and positive thoughts are winging their way across the pond to you. Oh and a great big hug! XoX

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for stopping by to cheer me up, I really appreaciate your kindness.
Not sure what to do, my pain is increasing, I am hot and cold at the same time. OS office wants me off pain meds, but I still have pain, what are they thinking. I was not able to talk to my OS nurse on Monday, she is in today, hope she is more helpful than the other one.
Just feeling very sad that I am going through this, last week was so much better.
 
Hello Chris, In my thread I asked you to clarify why you were feeling down. I'm now up to date with your messages and can quite see why. All the help you are getting from your doctor, your PT and your OS are to do with your physical problems. Nobody seems to have thought about your mental state. What you have been through/are going through is massive, its got to get you down. In fact I think you remain remarkably upbeat. Nevertheless you might want to think about counselling of some form. I know they dish out the happy pills and they can help, but in my experience a good counsellor is worth her weight in gold.

I feel for you. xx Carol
 
@Pumpkln
I hope you get some answers today from your O.S. Nurse. Did they just cut your meds.
Off ? I also read on another thread you said it was 103 degrees where you live :yikes: I hope you
Have A.C. The heat makes me physically sick... Dizzy, sweating, no energy :swoon:The meds.
I was on also made me sweaty & chills....not a good feeling.
Thinking of you :friends:Hoping you have a better day Today :flwrysmile:
Sincerely,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Chris, I am so sorry that you have to go through all if this. You are always thinking of others even as you are experiencing the physical and emotional pain that you are. I am sure I am not alone when I say I am here for you.

Sending you healing thoughts and hoping that you can find solutions soon.

xox


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad you at least have some foot "freedom" in the pool.
 
Thanks @Jozilla @patient 99 @new knee in June @71Beetle @kneeper, and everyone else who stopped by to read my thread, or clicked on a like button.
Thanks so much for your supportive thoughts. I think I figured one of my problems in my new shoes, the soles are too soft, and with me walking on the outside of my feet, they feed into my foot dysfunction. I took a photo the other day of my left foot print, you can see clearly I walk only on the outside of my foot. At 9:30 is was so hot the foot prints were disappearing before I could take a photo. I walked like this before the revision.
Carol I agree I need to call my counselor for regular sessions to get through this. I have not ever been this down in my life.
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
 
I agree I need to call my counselor for regular sessions to get through this. I have not ever been this down in my life.

Oh Chris, Its Understandable. Its likely that your counsellor will be aware of the `what if' game. A very destructive game. I imagine she will give you techniques to help you to live in the present. Its a painful present, but the right techniques will enable you to make the most of every single positive the day/night offers.

Have you noticed if there is a pattern to your very low periods eg, more in the morning/night? If there is, again you can take steps to outmaneuver these episodes. What about letting go and crying. Do you? Sometimes it helps. A particularly powerful tool is talking - talking to someone who knows how to listen and how to respond. Your counsellor is the right port of call for that.

Look after yourself Chris (as well as you do everyone else). xx Carol
 
Thanks Carol,
I have called and left a message, she is on vacation until Monday, and will call me back then. Just left a long message for my OS nurse with details of how I am doing, they are good about calling back the same day.
Having breakfast then to the pool to float around on my noodle. Then PT this afternoon.
Posting helpful or supportive posts for others here, keeps my mind off of my troubles for awhile.
 
Chris, I am so sorry you're having such a tough time. It's so unfair that you have to go through all this, especially after all you've gone through. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope for better days ahead. Kim
 
@Pumpkln, I'll join you. I've just posted on my thread. I discovered late last night I've got the opposite problem to you. My left foot is on the outside of my knee when I squat. It must be something to do with revisions. We will get through this together.
 
Oh @Pumpkln I know they're trying to get you off your meds but if you're not ready yet then that's it. I'm still on morphine after all this time but that's because my pain is awful. It's half the dose I was on after I came out of hospital but double the dose I was taking preoperatively xxx it may be all this pressure on you to cut down/give up your meds but you're still in pain and not ready and trying to get back to some kind of normal that may be making you so down. I'm only guessing because that was how I got at one stage.

Thinking of you

Love Nana moon 27
 
it may be all this pressure on you to cut down/give up your meds but you're still in pain and not ready and trying to get back to some kind of normal that may be making you so down.
You are so right, just got off the phone with the nurse and told her about being terrified about being cut off and being left with excruciating pain. So they are refilling my perscription for the next week, and I have an appointment on August 14th, about 3 weeks. I hope they will continue the meds, if not I will call my primary.

Busylizzie, I think between us we would have one good leg to stand on.

Kim I appreciate your support, hope it is not too hot where you are today.
 
Today has been a roller coaster, pain at an 8 to 9 last night, and now today. I did all my PT activities, then went to PT.
We never touched my knee, she released some tight spots on my neck and my left foot. My knee went down in pain levels to as close to zero as I have been. Of course once I stood up my foot acted up after a few steps.
At least this afternoon is better than this morning. Whew!
 
Chris, I'm so sad that you are having all these problems at this point in time. Now's the time you should have the worst behind you and be looking ahead to the light at the end of the tunnel. But your time will come and you'll look back at this time and know you have triumphed over it all! Your strength and attitude will see you through. I remember when I was at my lowest point, and people here helped cheer me up, and I hope we are cheering you up at least a little. Remember, we are all pulling for you and waiting to hear the good news I know we'll hear from you in the near future about how well you're doing. Keep up the good work. Kim
 
Thanks Kim, Your posts and others really cheer me up, and make me feel not so alone during this process.
Resting, Iceing, Elevating, and getting ready to medicate.
 
Hi @Pumpkln I feel sad to hearing that you are having so much pain and hoping they can help make it easier for you. Your are wonderful and the help and kind support you have given all of us has helped get us through our difficult times so very much. No one understands how much pain this surgery causes and I found it very frustrating every time I called for a refill on the pills he prescribed for me.

I usually had to call more then once before reaching her and so many times ran out before the weekend and no one there till Monday. At 6 weeks he told me he thought I was needing them too much 2 pills every 4 to 6 hours so 40 pills did not last long. Almost needed to phone for more after picking up prescription as it was so hard to get a hold of the office. I explained that they just did not give any relief so he gave me one refill only of another one. I ended up with my pharmacy calling my family doctor for a refill for a long weekend and he felt bad that I had to go without for 3 days. You are such a positive person it is easy for this surgery to take a toll on us pain and then healing and then dealing with pt on top of it all and the extra other things that happen. Hope you feel better we are all here wishing the best of all for you and are here for you like you are always here for us. Best wishes for you Holly:console2:
 
I think you should see a podiatrist asap! I went to one because I'm having problems with my feet that I didn't have before surgery and he told me that sometimes after knee replacements we develope foot problems... So go see a podiatrist and see what he can do for your foot. If you can fix either knee or foot, it will help the other one. One problem at a time. :flwrysmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom