Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

We are going for Germany and have been from the beginning. It is the team we picked to win in the pool so we better cheer the on. Right now we have a 1 in 5 Chance of winning the pool and I think the pot is $1000 for first place so fingers crossed. I say "we" but I did not enter the pool as I am so bad at them but my hubby and youngest son put one entry in so I am hoping they win for sure. It is just a fun one we do at work every 4 years. We also have a hockey pool that has become very popular that I always enter. Two years ago my colleague won $2500 in the hockey pool. She does not follow hockey at all - just made the right picks and boom, a few months later she comes out as the sole survivor.

That is great that you are at the pool 3 days a week! Will you join an indoor pool in the fall to continue. I picked up a brochure for something neat the other day. It is an Aqua Fitness place that has treadmills and bikes that are IN the water! It is a bit expensive, but I may check it out. They allow you to try a class for free. I can't wait to get back in our pool after I get my stitches out and the scabs have healed. I found it very weird to swim after the last surgery but I am sure I will get used to it. Are you doing swim laps or are you focussing more on doing specific leg exercises?

Do you know yet what is causing the Velcro ripping sound in your knee? You had mentioned it before but I cannot recall what the cause was. I hope you can get it sorted out soon. I am happy that it is not painful but it must be brutally annoying for you!

Hope everything else is going well!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@71Beetle , Congrats on your win in the betting pool!
Calling the OS tomorrow, asking about the velcro ripping, and my unstable ankle on the TKR side. I am thinking it is a source of muscle spasms and pain on the outside of my knee and lower leg.
Drove up to a road side wild flower garden today. Forgot my camera, here is an old photo from past years.
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues

@lovetocookandsew , Tuesday is our three month anniversary, Congrats to both of us!
 
Talked to the OS office this morning, they are referring me to a podiatrist for my foot complaints, emerging plantar fasciitis (as long as I wear my new shoes it stays at bay, walk without them a little and my foot starts to hurt) , painful peroneal mm (the ones I tore), and an unstable ankle that rolls to the outside with each step (firing the peroneal mm). mm is a short cut for muscles, not the candy.
They going to ask the OS about my ripping velco sound when I straighten my knee. OS will be in the clinic on Wednesday and I am to call back then.
They want me off the Norco :sad:, and on Tramadol, so I am going to try it for a few days. Last time I tried it, it made me very loopy and sleepy. Took a tramadol a few hours ago, so far so good.
Called my primary and asked for Welbutrin, I have used it in the past, and it has helped with pain and depression (from being in pain).
After all this went to the pool, feeling a little more relaxed now, and following the Mantra.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you're getting to see a podiatrist. Hopefully they can help you.
 
Thanks @kneeper, My primary is going to send in the referral today. I sure hope they can help stabilize the foot.
Just glad wearing the new shoes keeps the PF at bay.
I think the tramadol is going to work, but not sure 6 hours between pills is frequent enough right now.
 
@Pumpkln

Popping in to say hi. You are making progress. It may not feel that some days. (I get that personally)

I haven't gone swimming To get to the pool is quite a walk and I just haven't done it yet. :sad:
I left you a question on my thread.
hopefaith
 
We drive to the pool, it is about 6 houses down, too far for me.:swim:

Did everything on my to do list today, boy and I tired, and the sun is still up!:yawn:

Went to PT and we got my heel better lined up, felt a lot better to walk with a more stable foot to walk on.:walking:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Pumpkln, I feel for you. I had Plantar fasciitis one time-it was painful and quite hard to walk until it went away. On top of the revision, it must be a big pain. I'm doing pretty well. I haven't had to take any pain meds, and I've been walking all over. We take a walk around the neighborhood, unless it's too hot, most evenings. I also walked all around WalMart this weekend, and I didn't use the electric cart. I did ache a little after so I elevated and iced when I got home. Other than kneeling, I am pretty much able to do most things around the house now. I cleaned out my kitchen fridge and freezer today (well, yesterday actually since it's now Tuesday), but didn't pull the bottom drawer out as I would have had to kneel to clean back there, so I just skipped that part. I want to straighten both garage freezers and the fridge/freezer out there too but it's been too hot to work in the garage so that'll have to wait. It's awful what can happen to a house when it's only been cleaned by a hubby who tries but just doesn't see dirt or clutter.......lol. It's not that bad but I'm pretty picky about my home. I think I'll be caught back up in about a month......sigh. I also have a large bag of cucumbers to pickle-they grow faster than I can get to them and we only planted one cage of them this year! (Too bad hubby forgot to plant the dill-I have to buy it this year instead of getting it from the garden) The first batch of pickles are delicious and we are enjoying them. Take care and don't overdo.
 
Its odd pumpkln that we both had a revision and both have issues with plantar fasciitis and lax ligaments on the outside of our ankles. I asked about it last week at my appointment. It does appear that it is possible to get re alignment of the bottom of our legs relative to the top. I think that is what has happened with me. My physio was right as you have also found out that wearing decent trainers reduces the pain and discomfort from it. She also gave me some exercises to do. I'm also wearing the new trainers a lot, even round the house. In fact, they are the only shoes I am wearing.
 
Thanks for stopping by Busylizzie,
Unfortunately I am having a very bad day with depression and pain. I just started tramadol, and have picked up my wellbutrin, the tramadol seemed to help yesterday, but not so much today, I will take the wellbutrin with my lunch. Both my knee and my plantar faciatis are acting up big time today.:blackcloud::bricks::gaah:
Very discouraged as yesterday in PT we were looking at my alignment, and she said my foot falls inside of my knee in standing.
I am feeling very down as had I feared the OS had over corrected my knee with my foot falling to the inside in standing. (bow legged), because of all the spasms on the outside of my leg when I walk.
All of this with my my ankle inverting with every step, and the plantar faciatis I am very sad.:boohoo:
Today is 3 months,
 
Oh @Pumpkln, sorry you are having a bad day what with the pain and feeling so low. Do you have to start the Tramadol or can you go back to your old painkiller. Will they let you have more. Are you able to discuss this with your OS tomorrow, he may have some answers? It doesn't help that you have just reached your three month milestone and hoping it would be a turning point in your recovery. I feel for you

I noticed my leg length discrepancy was still there this afternoon when I was doing toe lifts at physio and it is something I will have to come to terms with. I can correct it by using heel raisers but it will always be there affecting my balance.
 
Busylizzie,
I have some old painkiller left and am probably going to take some, just to bring the pain down.
Did my floor exercises, and used the roller, feel a little better.
Instead of a turning point I feel like I hit a U turn.
I have about an 1/8 inch difference, does not seem like much but it does make a big difference.
 
Hi @Pumpkln,

I was stopping by to say Happy 3 month Anniversary but it does not sound like it is a happy one for you. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I can feel the pain and frustration in your words and it makes me sad that you have to deal with it.

You have been going through this for so long - there must be something that can be done to correct this! What does your OS say about it? Does this misalignment cause the Plantar Faciatis? If you get the alignment fixed will it alleviate the Plantar Faciatis? Sorry to be asking you so many questions, I just want to know how close the light at the end of the tunnel may be.

I have a good friend that has RA. She has had both shoulders replaced a couple of years apart. The first one was awesome. She rehabbed very well and has full range of motion. The second one needed a revision last fall and she is still suffering so badly. We had lunch together on Canada Day and she told me they have to go back in a third time. She loves her surgeon and still fully believes in him but she said the emotional letdown is worse than the physical pain. It sounds like this is what you are going through now. Again, I am so sorry.

Have you been able to swim much? You seem to really like to swim and I hope you are able to get into the pool and have that time to just enjoy yourself.

Thinking of you! Sending you happy thoughts and hugs. xox
 
@Pumpkln
So sorry to hear about your painful day :console2:You give so much to others on the Forum,
I do hope you feel better soon :flwrysmile:
Thinking of you,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@71Beetle and @new knee in June , Thank you for your kind words, they really help.
I am hoping the podiatrist will be able to stabilize my ankle, and help the plantar fasciitis, and knee. Tried out a splint for plantar fasciitis, my arch is too high and pressed on the splint. I have a podiadtrist appt a week from Monday.
:idea:, I am trying the old foot pad from the CPM, it is soft, and does keeps my foot from pointing, and shortening the bottom of my foot. Better than nothing, it is kinda hot for the summer.

she said the emotional letdown is worse than the physical pain.
Your friend is right the emotional part is the hardest. Give her my best wishes.
The pool is great and gives me some freedom movement, even walking is comfortable.
 
Good luck at your podiatrist appointment . I do hope you can find some relief soon. It does seem like a good idea to use the pad from the CPM. Fun to be able to use that emoticon too eh? :)

I am going to purchase a TENS machine through the Costco website. It seems to have good reviews and my PT thinks it looks okay for what I need it for. It is not too expensive and I am sure I will get the use out of it to make it worthwhile.
 
I've used the same TENs for ten years, well worth the cost.
Thanks for the good wishes,

I loved using the emoticon :idea:. :heehee:
 
Hi Chris, I've been following your posts and reading the helpful advice you give others. Just wanted to say that I hope you feel better and your spirits go up.
Christie
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom