Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Lol! I listen and obey. My wife can't understand how I can go to PT and kayak last night and I couldn't fill the dishwasher today. Although energy drain is noticeably less now, it's certainly there if I over exert.
Btw, I have no "good" knee to use with BTKR. It feels really weird if I put weight on a knee as it's still kind of numb to pressure on the surface.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I'd like to know how many months post op that guy is in the video. He goes down stairs GREAT! Better than me at 5 months 13 days post op!!

Chris...just like you told me, be patient. You and everyone told me to be patient and actually still are telling me. I know how you feel...doing any less would be like doing nothing 100% of the time. Remembering that everyone recovers and heals on a different time table...one month as of today for you, it's still VERY early. Hmmm, where have I heard that before?

((((Hugs)))) I know just where you are coming from!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, Run, I just posted that video based on the way that I have been doing it. This involves no stress on the knees which is what it is all about.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Thanks @Pumpkln and @JustJeff . I will try it asap. Yes, you're probably right pumpkin, we are both doing well, just each going the way our knees are taking us. Keep up the wonderful work both of you! Oh, and I can only imagine walking up and down stairs like a regular person again...I know I will tho and can't wait!
 
Hmmm, where have I heard that before?
That could be my quote, I need to quite literally chill out :chillpill:, ice is on my knee right now.
Part of me is anxious about how this is going to turn out when I am healed. The other part just goes one day at a time, takes it as it comes.
I am needing plenty of patience for this recovery, :umm:
 
We all need patience. I'm trying to make a potato dish for dinner and hubby will do the ham and veg later. It's so hard-I do a little, then have to sit, catch my breath, rest, then do the next part. It's so frustrating when a month ago I cleaned all day, ran errands, cooked, etc, without a second thought.
 
My arthritis was so bad (still is in my right knee) that my family got used to doing things for me. They know how much it pains me to be so dependent on others that they help out as much as they can while letting me do as much as I can. In return, I don't complain that they do not clean to my expectations :)

I am blessed to have a wonderful husband and 3 awesome boys. :angel:
 
Gets frustrating to be pacing yourself with simple activites, even boiling water becomes a chore. My "helping" can be a hinderance, it is just faster to let someone else do the chore.
Kim, I think what ever virus made you sick is also draining you even more than just the TKR, a double whammy.
Sometimes I think the best thing I can do is :sleep:, no matter the time of day.
My husband has really come through, taking over all the household stuff. My job is to heal.
Time to :sleep:.
 
We all need patience. I'm trying to make a potato dish for dinner and hubby will do the ham and veg later. It's so hard-I do a little, then have to sit, catch my breath, rest, then do the next part. It's so frustrating when a month ago I cleaned all day, ran errands, cooked, etc, without a second thought.

I remember that extreme tiredness so well from my Revision! Christmas was 3 weeks later and all I did in the kitchen was prepare a special sauce. It wiped me out.

Remembering that, and preparing for my other knee's TKR in September, I've just bought a kitchen stool, with adjustable height. This time, I'll be able to sit down, instead of trying to stand at the sink or stove - and this time I'll have 3 months, instead of just 3 weeks before Christmas. And that doesn't mean that I'll be rushing back into the kitchen any sooner!
 
I agree @Pumpkln , this virus has taken everything I had gotten back, and while it's better, it's still lingering a bit. It is frustrating, and so I am being patient. I am pretty much sleeping all morning right now as it takes all morning to get my tummy to settle down and accept food and meds. Then I can slowly get up and move around, that's the lingering effect of this dang virus. My hubby does everything for me right now, so I wanted to do this for him tonight. He rode to work today (20 miles round trip on the river bike path) and he's always really hungry on days he rides. He loves my individual potato gratins when we have ham, so I am surprising him. He will be busy tonight with making the ham and frozen peas (easy to just heat both at least) switching our kitchen table with a new one (we have a beautiful pub table that seats 8 but it hurts my knee too much so we bought a new regular height table and will be selling the one we have), plus he has lawns to mow, a kitchen to clean, garden work to do, work on the garage and deck, etc. this weekend. The least I can do is this, so he'll have a nice meal tonight. @Celle , I tried to use my pub height chair today as I made dinner-but it just hurt my knee too much. Maybe a tall stool would help, but I'm not sure.
 
Are the pub style the raised seat and table? My parents have that but I find it challenging to sit in it because I am so short. If I am wearing a skirt, I avoid it completely :)

@lovetocookandsew what is individual potato gratins?
 
@71Beetle , I'm sure you know what homemade potatoes au gratin is, it's the same thing except made in single serving sized ramekins. I like them better that way because they each get crusty and crisp on top and the edges. The pub style table is the tall raised seat and table. I like it because it seats 4 at the small size and opening the extension it seats 8 quite comfortably, and can squeeze a couple more in if necessary. But it hurts my knee too much as it's not set at a good height for me and so we never sit at the table unless we have company, then I have to get up every few minutes or I'm in pain. Needless to say dinners were painful, and game playing was agony. I was going to sell it for a while, I just hadn't gotten around to looking for a new table.
 
That kitchen stool helped me a lot. They kicked me out of rehab at one week post op. I got home and made a
Simple soup and I was dead. I climbed up the steps to get something and I had to sleep right Away. I'm glad the energy drain is temporary!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff did they kick you out because you had done so well with PT or because you were not ready for it yet?
 
Lol! I was making Everyone look bad. Everyone else was in a wheelchair and I was strolling, pushing my walker in front of me. I visited the other day and they're still talking about me. The Legend is growing. :)

Now that was rehab. Now pt is talking about kicking me out of there because I'm breezing through the exercises, although I still need to work on strength work.
They have a nice gym plan though. For $35 a month I can use the facility and consult with my pt. Plus since it's a pt facility I don't have to mix with the gym rats.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
    potatoes.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom