Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

I cut my all my toenails tonight on both feet.

Chris, clarification please. How did you do it? With my non operated leg I sit and pull my bent leg up to me. The operated leg I sit with my foot on the floor and bend down. If you reply saying you do BOTH of yours as I do my non operated I am going to KILL MYSELF. I AM. I REALLY REALLY AM.
I surely can't be that much of a failure.:holysheep:
 
My only goal for the revision has been met,

Hi Chris Goals show us just how far we have come. Perhaps you should set another one. But dont be a silly billy like me. My goal was to be able to swim 3 months after my TKR. I failed - but then I could'nt swim before
my TKR:loll:

@new knee in June its the way I tell 'em:rotfl::rotfl:
 
@patient 99,
I sit at the edge of the bed with my right leg on the floor for support, TKR leg on the bed with the knee bent, foot is over the side of the bed. Sit up tall and hinge forward through your hip joints to reach your feet.
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
 
I am hoping my wound is closed (almost is now) by the end of the month when our neighborhood pool opens and I can go :swim:.

Update on the cane: My knee says "NO" :no-fin:, I woke up with a tighter rubberband feeling and more pain than usual, so am back on the walker.
Re read my surgical report for a reality check, to remind me I had a revision, they disruped a lot of soft tissue with scar tissue removal, and releasing tight areas, in addition to removing the old implant, and reaming out my femur and tibia.

New goals:
1) Able to go to the neighborhood pool in 30 days.
2) Use a cane in the house in 30 days.
3) Go out to lunch today with out any problem.
 
Chris, the photos were particularly helpful. I will give it a try. I doubt I will be able to do it, but I will never know unless I try. Lets review your goals in 30 days. But goals are just there to keep us focused. It doesn't matter if it takes longer. Carol

ps: your photos of your foot are a unique take on the `selfy'.
 
Good luck with the toes Carol. Met goal #3, lunch went well, and I enjoyed my little outing.
Watch out the next selfy may be my knees :heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
27 days after a revision and you are dining out and cutting your toe nails (not at the same time of course). Honestly Chris this is impressive. What ever you are doing stick with it.

Can't wait for the knee selfy:heehee: Carol
 
Chris, meant to say very much like the chest of drawers in your foot photo. They would sit very nicely in MY bedroom. Colron's Jacobean Dark Oak beeswax would bring them up a treat.

I know, I know I am off topic, but your foot and that chest of drawers - well, no contest:heehee:
 
like the chest of drawers
Thank you,
The chest of drawers belonged to my husbands grandmother, this room has been decorated with the chest of drawers in mind.
The only reason I can cut my toenails is because I have had training in normal human movement, and know how to use my body to get around the knee not bending, and reach my toes.
The lunch was successful, am a little sore, and I know that I pushed to my limit yesterday. Resturant was carefully chosen, it has booths so my leg could be up, and it is not busy on Saturday, so nearby parking was available, and the service is fast, so I would be in and out in a timely manner.
My knee is under wraps presently, so the selfy will have to wait.
 
@Pumpkln glad you enjoyed your lunch. It's great to get out for even an hour or so. It raises the spirits.

I can manage to cut my toe nails on a good day despite the straight leg. Providing my stomach isn't playing up I can reach all my toes. My legs have to be elevated in front of me. I used to be a gymnastic coach in the past and have retained a little of my flexability. I used to be able to touch my toes and even put my hands on the floor when bending forward with straight legs. I can tie my shoe laces as well and much prefer laces to velcro fastenings. I think some of it is due to your arm and leg length ratio. I had never given it a thought that it would be hard after knee surgery.
 
I used to be a gymnastic coach in the past and have retained a little of my flexability.
Being flexible helps. Never have been flexible, so had to figure out how to get length elsewhere (sit up tall), so I could reach to my toes. I agree about velcro, you can get a much better fit with laces.
Finally a nice day here, going to enjoy the sunshine, looks like another storm will be here later this week.
Thanks for stopping by to chat!
 
When I had my revision, they put in elastic shoe strings in my tennis shoes so that my feet would slip right in! Made life easy! I never had a problem with cutting my toenails; I just stretched the top of my body down to reach them like you did. However, I did cut them a week before surgery, so it gave me a little more time! :snork:
 
Thanks everyone for stopping by my thread.
Long Mother's day here, feeling sad about missing Mother's day with my Mother. The rest of the family was there so she was not alone.
Somehow the florist sent her two bouquets from us. The one we ordered arrived on Thursday, then another one today. She loved getting so many flowers :flwrysmile:.
Have gone back to 2 hydrocodone during the day, 1 1/2 was not enough during the day, unless I stay in bed, then it is plenty.
Swelling seems to be down, so that is good.
 
I wish we all lived closer so we could visit, help each other and give back with more than words. But these words are a lot better than nothing but our own thoughts bouncing around our craniums. I hope you as well as everyone else who is going through this had a wonderful Mother's day!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Dear @Pumpkln ,

Treat yourself with loving care and realize "this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon!" :climb:
Abby had me doing planks in the grass where it was muddy, because she KNEW I wouldn't dare collapse there!
We were discussing 8 months ago as I was doing step ups and downs effortlessly! She said when we first started I scared her! Well, without anything to hold on to, there were TWO of us who were scared.:bolt:So you see, everything gets better with time and patience. (And you know I am the most patient person on BoneSmart, and Shy too!):rotfl:
 
Pumpkln how is the pain and swelling today? Any better?
 
@JustJeff, @RestAssured @busylizzie .
Thanks for your encouragement! This recovery is going to be a long marathon, going to take longer to heal, tons of scar tissue was removed, the synovium is going to take awhile to heal from this, in addition to everything else done during a revision.
Pain is down, swelling about the same, but it is less than a week ago.
Took two hydrocodone 7.5mg each this morning, knocks of the pain enough so I do not get anxious that just moving around a little hurts. Resting with my Breg cooler right now.
Glad to hear Abby was a little scared, nothing like fear to motivate us to be more on our toes, and do the right thing.
The mystery of the extra bouquet has been solved, the florist accidentally sent 2, they told Mom to enjoy the extra bouquet.:loveshwr:
 
I keep thinking your revision was closer in date to mine. I think you are doing amazingly well!!!
Keep up the good work, Pumpkin!
 
Back
Top Bottom