Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

As you know it does get better. Im glad that its over and that now you can rest and get out of pain. The weather is not helping. The kids say Hi. Tashia and the Kids.
 
I loved the tens unit at PT. it made me feel so good. I never heard if your prune applesauce combo. You should post the portions - it may help us all out! Take care and I hope things are moving now!
 
Here is the recipe, thanks to @Janet2012.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/constipation-and-stool-softeners.4899/

Mix together:
1 cup applesauce
1 cup coarse unprocessed bran
3/4 cup prune juice

"This mixture will be like a thick paste. Refrigerate in a covered container between use. Take one-two tablespoons of mixture every day with a glass of water. Take in evening for a morning bowel movement. Increase the bran mixture by two tablespoons each week until your bowel habits are regular. Always take one large glass of water with the mixture.

A diet high in fiber and drinking at least 6-8 cups of water daily can also help."
 
Have been able to switch from oxycodone to hydrocodone. The hydrocodone seems to make me sleepy, so I have been sleeping more today.
Quiet day, watched the Kentucky Derby and California Chrome win. Did the usual gentle exercises, walking around the house, and napping.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
Glad to hear you're able to get more sleep and that you're taking it easy.
 
Glad that you are doing better. Got the rain now lets get some sun. My knees are stiff and my hip is stiff too. What a mess. All the kids want to say Hi. Take care and remember go slow. Snails do get there even if takes a while. Tashia
 
Ate too much pineapple and my tummy is protesting, going to spend a quiet day in bed. Should reslove itself by this afternoon. At least it is something new to post about. :elevate:
Revision seems to be coming along, pain is less, swelling is going down, and with it ROM is going up. Following the Bonesmart way is working well for me, less pain, more gain.
Thanks @tashia and the kids for stopping for a visit.
 
Good news about your knee. Sorry about the pineapple, its one of my favourite fruits. Did you eat a whole one?
 
No, did not eat the whole thing, just too much for me. Had it two days in a row, so I will be spreading it out in the future. Feeling better, going to stick with chicken noodle soup for lunch.
Staying in bed most of the day with my leg elevated, and iced has been good for my knee. It went into flexion with much greater ease when I sat at the edge of the bed. Little gains like this are so important.
@busylizzie, your Stage 2 is coming up soon, hope there are no delays.
 
Glad you're feeling better. That's the trouble with pineapple it doesn't keep very well once you've cut it open. I have to be careful as it raises my blood sugars :sad:

I've been resting too today as I had a really bad night. I'm exhausted but I bet I'll have trouble sleeping again tonight. Hope tomorrow brings some news.
 
Glad you got to watch the Derby...I missed it this year. Best wishes on the early ongoing recovery.
 
Quiet day here, went to out patient PT where I work, it was great to see everyone! I will be going 2x a week for about a month.
Nice and gentle on my knee, mostly retrograde massage to help with the swelling. Came home and rested, iced, and elevated. ROM is better than it was at this time with my TKR.
I must be getting better, I actually was bored for a short period of time today, a first for this recovery.
Thanks everyone for stopping by, I hope everyone has a good nights rest.
 
Nice report Chris! You are doing well and it's a wonderful thing since you deserve it. You have been so supportive to so many and I'm glad you are having such a good outcome this time!

Take care,

Dawn
 
Thanks Dawn for posting, so far an uneventful recovery. Following the Bonesmart way, seems to be working great.
I am still cautiously optimistic for my outcome. It will be months before I know how this is going to turn out.
My only goal for the revision has been met, which was to sleep without knee pain waking me up at night. My alarm to take my pain medications wakes me up, but not my knee.
Take care,
 
:wowspring:I cut my all my toenails tonight on both feet. That large little toenail I was seeing turned out to be lint :rotfl:.
Started using a cane in the house today, my TKR leg is tired. Going to use the walker tonight for those bathroom trips. Soon I will be :upright:.
 
Well done Chris! It's a trial and error thing....you will keep testing the limits of what you can and can't do but soon the can do column will be a lot bigger than before! Keep up the good work!

Dawn
 
Back
Top Bottom