Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Sorry to hear about all the issues you are facing. It is too bad the excess chlorine in the pool was an issue as water exercise is so helpful. My Best.
 
Hi Chris, You obviously know precisely what you are dealing with, but whilst an accurate diagnosis is a definite plus it still leaves you with a hard decision. If I had a crystal ball it would be yours for the weekend.

I have not been able to find anyone to make me a decent orthotic,

This is bad. Also I guess that is only part of the problem. Once you have the right orthotic you need the right shoe to accommodate it. I've just phoned a podiatrist to find out if they will make the shoe to accommodate the orthotic. The answer was NO. They believe their insole can be fitted to most shoes - how daft is that.

You hang on in there. One day as I follow your journey I will read that something has worked well for you- it has to happen, law of averages and all that. xx
 
@patient 99 ,
Just called the lady I took an orthotics class from many years ago, she is in San Diego and I happen to be taking another class there in March. She can fit me in and take a look at me for an orthotic. So we will go back for a fitting, good thing San Diego is a great place to visit. I will keep you posted.

Insoles cannot be fitted into most shoes, usually you need neutral shoe with a removable insole. Depending on your foot, you may need a large toe box. If you look online some shoes advertise they will work with orthotics.
I have also put into motion an appointment with my teacher.
@busylizzie ,
My leg is still flared up from walking too much, a week and a half ago now since I joined the OTIC. It is better, guess I will just have to wait it out. Hopefully I will find some relief.
 
@Pumpkln,

I so agree with you about having to sit it out and wait until you feel better. I have to do it all the time. It is so demoralising and stops you doing what you want when you want. I haven't had any success with orthotics. The only thing I'm using now is a heel raiser to balance out my leg length discrepancy. I hope you get better luck with your orthotics and going to San Diego. It is about time you have some success and get your life back on track.
 
My orthotics appointment in San Diego is confirmed, and I have an appointment with my teacher Friday.
Also, I am going back to work on a limited basis, one client, and screening for the disabled bus. This won't start for a few more weeks. I have been noticing that when I go in to visit work, I just feel better, it is a healing environment and everyone is supportive. So I think working a few hours a week all be good for me, I can focus on something else other that my knee.
My leg is feeling better, it takes longer before my muscles tire, even a few days ago, walking :walking: more than 30 feet my quads and glutes would protest :elevate:, now I can just :ice:.
 
After a really good day yesterday, I have managed to throw out my back :elevate:. Have the TENS unit on and am resting in bed :dead:. Hoping I will feel better in the morning.
 
Oh my goodness! I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
I hope it gets better soon. You have enough going on without a bad back as well. Sometimes I think it is the way we walk. It only needs a slight twist of the body.
 
I was just scooting over a few inches on the couch and BAM! :boohoo:OUCH!
I have my massage scheduled tomorrow, DH is going to drive me. Looking forward to receiving some relief.
 
Oh isn't that the way with backs, though. :(
 
My back is much better after my massage on Friday, it was like day and night. I am still sore from overdoing on our vacation, it will take awhile to settle down.
Afterwords we went to the restaurant where my Avatar photo was taken, very relaxing.
 
Oh @Pumpkln

I'm so glad the massage helped you. I didn't realise that lovely pic was outside a restaurant. My kind of dream x how lovely x how are you feeling today x
 
@Legin,
The menu is excellent along with the food preparation.
Both my knee and SI joint have been better since my massage, we worked on my gait and made a few changes, seems to be making a big difference. Keeping my fingers crossed.
 
Will be fine and how can you use chopsticks with crossed fingers? But welk done lass its been a difficult joirney for you at times but you kept fighting

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom