Guest viewing is limited

THR REM's Recovery Thread<

Thanks REM but I fear there will be no recovery thread. Mine is called....no surgery for me..I’m destined to stay on the pre op side unless something drastic happens.
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
So.....:shrug:
Tell the truth.
No worse for the wear after your work week @REM ???
Got big plans for the weekend?

Granddaughter or of school this week? They got out in Georgia today.
Bet she's glad you are on the mend!:)
 
@Mojo333.
Girls last day was yesterday. It was a half day. The wife is already going nuts. Lol. I ended up with 43-1/2 hours this week. There have been times I caught myself pushing myself to much and had to slow my stride as I got a few sharp pains. Legs got weak once had to stop my walk mid way to the back of the warehouse. Our customer service manager took today and Tuesday off. Her sister had a baby so she flew home to NY. I covered her work which kept me mostly at my desk all day. Tuesday will be the same. No Memorial day plans. Watch war movies all day and Just rest. And ice ice ice & more ice. Lol. May fire up the grill. Been over a year since the last time. Any plans up your way?
 
@REM
That 43+ hrs isn't really easing back into work. I like your plan of a laid back weekend!
Take is easy. REM on the rocks!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: REM
I wish I had big plans but in tribute to my recovering hippy pals, I will be doing a whole lot of resting too (plus I'm tired:heehee:)
Long week for me between food bank and out of town hospital trips for Dad.
Do have some ribs planned for the grill! Fresh squash already ready at Sister's so we will probably go float in the pond and I'll help herd her grandchildren.
My kids are in their early 20s but no grandchildren, thank goodness!
I enjoy hers and Aunt Jojo is the best as I'm loads of fun.
Then I get to go home:heehee:
 
Congrats on your first week, though it seems you jumped right in, no easing there. Seems like you deserve a good rest this weekend.

Going nowhere this weekend. The idea of riding in the car for any length of time is not appealing at this time. I did have a full day with my 14 year old. I made it half way through Costco before lounging on the patio furniture. Then rested and went to the garden center to pick out some art work with daughter for the garden in the woods she is designing then came home rested a little and off for sushi and her favorite place guitar center. My hubby and I get to sit with a coffee and watch her play every guitar, the high end drum sets, keyboards and her latest obsession, bass guitar. Oh, and lets not forget the ukeleles. She's been without mom and dad busy with mom and now dad sore, that she was craving a day with us. Have a great weekend everyone.
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
Whew! That was a long work week you had. You survived!
I'll bet you're happy for the 3 day weekend and shorter week when you return.

That ice is a little miracle worker. Loved my ice! :ice:

We're in for a hot one here today 98 and it's been humid also.
I don't like the combo and am thankful for AC. Still thinking of pulling out the grill?
Hubby put a brisquit on the grill yesterday around dinnertime to cook for 20 hrs.
We've never tried it. We're hoping it's worth the effort he's put in.

I hope your weekend is all you want it to be!
@REM
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
@Layla.
That was actually a short work week for me. Not ready for the long ones yet. 98 in Minnesota? I though it was always cold there. Never tried to cook a brisquit before. Let me know how it comes out. It's been raining here since Friday evening. Woke up at 6:30 this morning to hear it still raining. Hoping by Monday there will be a break long enough to start up the grill. Love the smell of a grill. The taste not bad either. Lol. I hope your weekend is the best also. Hugs.
 
@Mojo333.
I bet you are lots of fun. You make me laugh. Squash used to make me throw up when I was little. Now I love it. Not sure what I'll grill yet. Never know till I get to the meat isle. Tight on the money right now. May just do burgers. Watch out for gators.
 
Y'all have the gators, not too bad here...
Water moccasins on the other hand...I watch for.:dubious:
I have learned however most critters don't want to be around me either...and I'm not stealthy enough to sneak up on something...so I rarely get into bad encounters!
Hope you have a Good Weekend.
I splurged for big slab of ribs that are now marinating in wonderful rub...yep...I'm bragging! They are going to be some kind of good!
 
  • Funny
Reactions: REM
@Rebuild Me.
That was a busy day for a hippie thats just under a month. Least you found the patio chairs for a rest. Lol.
The work week wasn't to bad. Was tired though. Came home yesterday had one beer took a 3-1/2 hour nap then woke up long enough to eat then went back to sleep. Woke up at 6:30 feeling well rested. Hope you have a resting weekend.
 
Came home yesterday had one beer took a 3-1/2 hour nap then woke up long enough to eat then went back to sleep. Woke up at 6:30 feeling well rested.

You might be hardheaded but you sound very levelheaded to me.
You get an A for doing the right thing if you have to go back to work so early out.
I certainly had to go back quickly...and I did little else, which is what we probably should do.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: REM
Yes, 98 here today. Minnesota is only cold in the Winter.
Summer can get hot but this weather is more like July temps.

I will let you know how the brisquit turns out.
Don't know if you've heard of "BBQ Pit Boys" but they do tutorial videos and they have a ton of them.
My husband likes their recipes and I believe he got it from there. Check them out, you may like them.
You might even find a recipe that makes you want to start up the grill :fingersx:
Have a good one!
@REM
 
  • Like
Reactions: REM
You said you'd never tried it. Talking about brisquit. Did you mean cooking it or eating it ?
Ive never ate it before. Plan to before I leave this world. Did you try the cheese grits yet ? @Layla
 
Hi @REM
I never tried the brisquit is what I meant but I did today for the first time. It was good.
My husband said he won't cook it as long if he does it again. I don't think it's worth the time
but I'm not a person who loves to cook. Easy Peasy is what I like.
I haven't tried the cheesy grits. The plan is to look for them at the grocery store, read the package, probably laugh :heehee: and think of all my southern BS buds. I don't think I'd like cheesy Cream of Wheat, lol!
I should try it though.....just because you southerners all seem to like it.

I hope you're resting those hips for your return to work on Tuesday.
Hopefully the short week won't take its toll on you.
Enjoy the evening!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
Hi @REM, I think I am doing OK. Had my first week back at work. Pretty uneventful. I telework 4 days a week but had to go in twice because of computer problems. Nice to have a 3-day weekend so soon after returning, though. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: REM
@Layla.
Never put cheese in my cream of wheats before. Cream of wheat and cheese grits are two diffrent things. Forget the directions on the package. Google cheese grits. Watch the video. You'll be amazed at how quick easy and good they are to make. Eat when hot and ready to eat. If you let them sit you'll end up with a pot of concrete. Lol. Rested all day other than a ride to AutoZone for some antifreeze and a hose clamp. Wife made chicken and dumplings with a biscuit now she's making carmel popcorn with honey roasted nuts in it. Yum.
 
@Gypsy.
Hi gypsy. Yes it is good to have three days to rest after our first week back. Then a four day week following that. Gives us more time to get used to being back at the grind.
Glad to hear your doing ok. Will be looking forward to hearing your doing great. My thought on computers are as follows. They'll be the death of us all. In my opinion. I am enjoying the weekend and hope you are as well my Georgian friend.
 
Ok, I'll try it....one of these days....maybe, lol!

Yum, Chicken and Dumplings reminds me of my grandma when I was little.
I loved watching her make dumplings.
Carmel Popcorn with honey roasted nuts sounds yummy too. Someone is being spoiled in their recovery.
No microwave dinners for REM while on his healing journey. Lucky you!
@REM
 
  • Funny
Reactions: REM
Hope you have a peaceful day...back to the grind tomorrow so...
Maybe the rain has you grounded..Florida has been sending alot of it our way.
We need it as peanuts have already been planted around here, but it's getting old.
 
Back
Top Bottom