Guest viewing is limited

THR Released- from the "Joint"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in an old thread you had responded to about "fracture" blisters. I looked it up because I have a clear blister about two inches down from my incision and about the same from my drainage tube hole. It doesn't hurt because it's in an area that the skin is still numb, but worried me some. Thought it was from TED hose, but not near there. Should I cover it?
It would be a good idea if only to prevent it being broken. They can easily get infected if they do.
 
@Plumberbutt I am basically okay today, but feel like I can't find a comfortable spot, know what I mean? Like, my leg seems okay in a certain position, then my butt gets to feeling like it's achy. That kinda thing. Just enough to make me a tad irritable. But I certainly could be worse. Not needing paid meds as much, so I think that's a good sign. But still too weak and unable to do some things that I would like to do, so I'm kinda having a mental struggle with myself. Don't worry, I'm using common sense. And, I think I had a mild heart attack while watching UK beat WSU earlier... it was a nail biter, wanted to jump up and down so bad! I can't complain, onward I go, day at a time! Guess you are getting ready for your big event...?
 
@glmrphy Sounds like you are sure doing great!! I have a question for ya though, could you clarify this..But I certainly could be worse.
Did you mean that the "pain" could be worst...or the "irritability" could be worst?? LOL So happy you are getting along well.
For me, my rt hip is now starting to get a "pain in the butt" a bit. Sure it is because my left hip is bothering so much today, or it could have been because lack of meloxicam...not sure. Keep us updated as it sounds like you are doing great!! Best wishes to you!!
 
@Plumberbutt I meant pain AND irritability. Bc the pain is better every day, even though I couldnt get comfortable. Was more intense the first couple days. Was just my way of saying that things could be worse, but I felt like grumbling today. I have always heard that's a good sign, lol! When I did my PT tonight it actually was a lot easier to do the side slides than it ever has been. There must be a tendon in the groin that gets affected, bc it seems to have finally decided to let loose and not be so tight. That might help my "positioning" problem, so to speak. Have not needed my pain meds that much today and have found myself standing (within the safety of my walker) for a few seconds without holding on. Not even thinking. So I need to quit grumbling and look at that seemingly small milestone as a huge breakthrough! Sorry I was so negative. Better now:)
 
I was just kidding with you anyway....lighten up girl!!! :) I'm sure you are sooo anxious to be back to "normal" that it is hard to be patient...we want it NOW!! LOL Oh well...keep up the good work and keep your chin up. Love reading your posts as they do give me hope!!
 
Day 6 post-surgery: Slept better last night than I have the whole week. Yesterday only needed 3 doses of pain meds (sounds like a lot until you know that they prescribed them every 3 hrs as needed), finally feel like a muscle/tendon/ligament that's right near my groin is loosening enough to where I can "squirm" around into different positions without much help. Leg is getting stronger everyday! I know we all progress differently, so just wanting to share my path here. I am determined to figure out a way to truly wash my hair. It's too long to do a quick wash with a soapy rag. If anyone has any experiences on that to share, would greatly appreciate. And I've already tried the dry shampoo, all it does is create a buildup in my hair that's unpleasant. Having said all that, I plan to have breakfast, clean up and actually put some makeup on today, kinda help make me feel like I am facing the day in a normal way. Hope eveyone else is doing well today:)
 
@glmrphy Your six day report sounds very good!
I just want to throw this out there; I read on here that a few ladies had stood at the kitchen sink to
wash their hair and use the sprayer? Might that help?
 
@glmrphy I seem to be following your path. I am post op day 4 today. I was able to get myself out of bed this morning by wiggling my foot over to the side of the bed and I got back in using my strap. I feel like movement is getting easier. I have noticed the distance between pain meds has gone from 3.5 hrs to a little over 5. I can't wait to get off them, because this constipation has been the WORST part of the whole experience to me. I gave gone 3 times now and each one was a huge ordeal, very painful and leaving me weak and exhausted. It's horrible. I started with MOM last night after reading about your experience, hoping it will loosen things up. Fingers crossed! I know this is probably TMI, but it's definitely part of the process. What pain meds are you on?
 
Oh, yeah, I definitely need to wash my hair. I think I'm going to stand at the kitchen sink and do it.
 
@MajorHeidi I can't bend forward like that without pinching my staples. We did move the portable potty over to the bathroom sink and put the lid down for me to sit on it. Then I leaned back while sitting and DH used a big cup to rinse. What a sweetheart. Was still an ordeal, but my hair is clean! And @Dmcfad2 , I am taking Percocet and the milk of mag did help a lot. I also ate a couple rounds of bran cereal in between. Hope that gets better for you:sorry:
 
Sounds like you are doing great!! Thanks for sharing your experience. I am wondering for my upcoming THR- are you able to stand in the shower and wash your hair? I have a large walk in shower with plenty of room. I was kind of hoping to come home from hospital and step in right away and shower off all of my hospital germs and wash my hair (with husband's help.) Is this unrealistic?
 
@ young hippie. I was able to shower directly I got home as I had waterproof dressing on that did not need changing until I had staples out at 10 days....it was sooo nice!! Chrissie xxx
 
Thanks, @Hoppy Nanny ! My surgeon said I will have some type of dissolve able stitches on the inside and waterproof dressing. I didn't think to ask further about the stitches. He said I wouldn't need to have staples removed, so I was just thrilled. My husband seemed to know what he was talking about and said that was a cool way for them to do the incision. Shower it is! That will be great!
 
Glad you got your hair cleaned! I sure know that you feel relieved over that. Yay!
 
@glmrphy So glad to hear you are doing so well!! Sounds like every day gets better than the last. I hope recovery goes this well for me too. Today I finally had to break down and take a hydrocodone. The pain has just been miserable, my calf, my butt, my groin, and even now my other hip cheek is bothering. Just didn't realize how much help the meloxicam was.
 
@younghippie the nurses took my waterproof dressing off before I came home. I have a walk in shower and that would have all worked, but now my incision is "naked" so to speak, so I am waiting for next home nurse visit. (They orginally told me wait for doc appt next week)

@Plumberbutt I take the Meloxicam, it made a diff for me when I went off it, hang in there, you are almost there! Dont feel bad for having to take something, we all know what kinda pain you are in. Wont be long now and we can recover "together", lol...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom