Guest viewing is limited

THR Released- from the "Joint"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dmcfad2 , some of it is work and some of it is that I will not have enough to last me till next for when I see him for second post op. I had already asked for another script since my surgery. He is only giving me 45 at a time. 1 every 4-6 hrs. Which doesn't last very long. I seriously hate to ask for another, bad as that sounds. Thanks for the link, but I never take two. When I need extra I add a 325mg Tylenol to the dose.
 
Shew. Long day. Pt was only 30 minutes, but was quite a workout. He had me do crab walk and lunges, but everything felt great! Will prob be a little sore in the morning, but no problems so far. I decided to cut my dose in half during the day with an extra tylenol to go with. Seems to be okay so far with that. Will take a full dose at bedtime. Stopped by work and ended up joining in on a conference call, lol, but that was okay and not much physical work, anyway. Going to try and enjoy the last few days of my leave of absence with my family. My second post op appt is next friday and a re-eval for my PT, so we will see from there.
 
Great report...enjoy your last few days and best of luck with reducing the meds and returning to work!!!!

You are doing so well
 
Great report, do watch out for the 'energy drain' when you return to work - lots of ice packs and rest up when your work day is over - hugs from OZ
 
Just read through your recovery thread. Not sure how I missed you but a great inspiration. I have been debating the out patient therapy but I think I'll go check it out.


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks, @Me2 ... I had home PT first week and a half then doc ordered the outpatient. It has been a great help to me, along with the exercises I do myself at home everyday. I am finding that there were a lot of muscles that werent being used even prior to my surgery because of the horrible limp I used to have. There is so much more they can do at outpatient, I love it bc I feel my leg getting stronger everyday.
 
My biggest challange, (only three days post op!) is the exercise to spread the leg out. That was impossible before the surgery, now it's heavy and tough. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
 
4 1/2 weeks post op- still feeling good, thigh is fairly sore after Thursday's PT work out with lunges and crab walks, but not so sore I cant walk or deal with it. Allergies are trying to kick my butt, am trying to treat them as the last thing I want to do is go back to work Monday miserable from it. Have cut my pain meds in half during the day and taking along with Tylenol. Morning and night time dose, I still take a full dose. Seems to be working for me so far.

Am looking forward to tomorrow, Easter, as I will be spending it with my family. Church in the morning, rest then dinner with family at my parent's house. Going to try not to overdo and get some needed rest so I can be at work early Monday. One problem that I have is the RA that causes my lower back to basically be "locked up" the first few minutes of rising from bed. Then about an hour for meds to help that. So I have to allow for that when setting alarm for work, to give myself enough time for meds to work and to be able to move around enough to get dressed and ready to go.

Glad to hear the progress of others here. For those who celebrate, have a Happy Easter!
 
Okay, fellow Bone Smarties, I am going back to work tomorrow. Will try to check in as much as time allows. I am a little nervous and my job is physical, with a little office time, but I plan to take ice packs and ease into it. Lol, and you can't tell me to ask my boss for mercy, as that is ME, but I do intend to be smart. I wont have a day off for 7 days, but will try to check in in the evenings. To all those having surgery this week, my thoughts are with you, you will do great! And to those still recovering, hang in there, mark those milestones...:friends:
 
Give 'em hell tomorrow Gail....you'll do great!! You know what to do...just don't overdo it...I know, I know, that's the pot calling the kettle black!!! I had the first problems the first day back, didn't make it through the whole day, but when I got home I was able to nap...damn fatigue!! Every day has gotten better and this Wednesday is my 4 week mark!! YIPPEE!!!! You got it Gail...you take care!!!
 
Well.. @glmrphy ....how did your day go?? I hope you got along better than me. I for some reason just had more pain today than I have normally had. I left work @ 12:30 and came home to ice and rest. It is feeling better now, but dang....don't know what the heck is going on? Anyone else have days that are better than others after you seem to be getting along ok?? Oh well...hope you had a GREAT day today Gail!!
 
@Plumberbutt, I worked all day and am totally pooped. But, I did just fine. There was one point where I tried to stoop down and my hip said, "wait a minute... nope", lol... Lot's of stress with my job, had to jump right back into the fray, but I have an assistant who encouraged me to let them handle all the hard stuff. I gladly agreed! I did ice my leg when I went to lunch for about ten minutes. Seemed to help. And I was able to sit for a while during a conference call, too. Thanks for asking, hoping I can breeze through tomorrow. But I am supposed to have PT after work, not sure I am looking forward to that after working all day. It's def gonna be an early nite! Take care of yourself...! :ok:
 
Oh my God, I almost hit a deer on the way to work!!! I mean, i could see it's FUR in my left headlight, don't know HOW there was no impact! But my hip did GREAT!!! Had to stomp on the brakes, still amazed I didn't hit him! Glad I didn't (for lots of reasons) bc I'm not sure how my hip wld have done wih a collision. Shew.
 
A fortunate "miss" @glmrphy ! I haven't see what a deer can do to a car, but have seen the effect of a wild boar.... let's just say the boar was able to run off and the car was a wreck. lol
 
@glmrphy So glad you missed the deer! I hit one when I was a young mother with 2 babies in the car and it went up and over my windshield, landing on the other side, then got up and ran. My car was a total disaster afterwards. That must have scared you to death. Glad the hip withstood that quick movement!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom