THR Recovery Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I haven't posted on my thread for over two weeks now, so just wanted to update my little story.
All is well and something amazing has been happening to my muscles so that I suddenly have some actual strength in my right hip and leg - can't tell you how good that feels. I can now walk for about 10 mins without looking like a penguin.:hysterical:
If I go for a walk walk though, as in muscle building/exercise I always go with my poles and can now walk for 45 mins. This is giving me a bit of achy pain in my neck and shoulders, but none in my lower body. I haven't taken any paracetamol for 3 days but am continuing to use the ibuprofen gel on neck and shoulders.
It's now 15 weeks since surgery and I'm feeling good and really positive.
Definitely can see a glowing light at the end of the tunnel. :yes 4::yahoo:
 
What a great update viv! So glad you are seeing good progress. Long may it continue!
 
Wonderful! I am so happy for you Viv. I just love hearing the good news from members. Keep up the great work :cat-kittyandsmiley:!
 
Hi VIv I can only sympathise with you. I am 3 weeks post op and long for the night when I will sleep through! I did ask my OS about taking ibuprofen and he was reluctant to prescribe as it inhibits the growth of bone around the prosthesis. So I am just taking the paracetamol which is not really enough. What is everyone else taking?
 
Mrs Cool, I would suggest you get in touch with your family doctor and get better pain management. Just paracetamol at only three weeks out is really not enough. No wonder you aren't sleeping!

I took diclofenac both pre and post op. My OS didn't say a thing to me about NSAIDs inhibiting bone growth. But I recommend you follow your OS instructions and do get in touch with your GP.
 
Hi Mrs Cool! I didn't mean to imply that it was best to get off painkilling meds, certainly not at early stages. What I meant was that I haven't needed them for the first time in 15 weeks! :thumb:
 
Good news Viv. You can on you tube and type in nordic walking. They'll show you proper techniques how to walk straight, have good posture etc. That should help with your neck/shoulders/head alignment. I walked with poles a few days ago, and wow it felt great. My tightness in the groin is better all of a sudden, and finally at 5 months I walk better now. Keep it up.
 
The pe pe pe penguins are on you then Viv only kidding:th_heehee: her indoors still says I have a waddle from time to time.
Great to hear you are doing great but please don't push to much and do the sensible thing at all times.:wink1:

Billy
 
thats great news Viv:biggrin:

The poles are great aren't they. I love mine, really good investment for £20. And I don't feel so embarrased as I do with a cane.

Onwards!

Tanny x
 
Viv.. congrats on the walking and muscle building. It does take time.. some days I feel as though I've taken a big step forward, others backward... I'm still dealing with my IT band.. which affects everything else... so if it's not the neck and shoulders, it's going to be something else...
Forward motion!!!!
 
Have just spent the day in the late autumn sunshine in my garden,clearing, weeding, pruning and all that stuff I haven't been able to do for so long. :thumb: Now, the only part of me that DOESN'T hurt is my new hip! Fabulous:hysterical: Soon fixed by a long hot soak in the bath :yes 4:
Just had to share that!
 
:thumb: Fantastic update viv! Enjoy your long soak! :bathtub:
 
This is what I call getting back to normal

Doesn't it feel so good.

Great report.
 
Go Viv!!!:dancy: I've concluded I'm allergic to work as I'm in more discomfort since I went back!!!
 
Wonderful, viv!!! Getting back to the things we love is so rewarding.
 
Oh, how I dream of my veggie garden, enjoy Viv :)
 
Yep Viv

It's amazing how achy you get after doing a bit of hard work that your not used to. :rolleyespink: glad you enjoyed your jaunt in the garden.
Sounds like you are coming along nicely.

Billy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom