THR Recovery Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also love working in my flower beds. Even if I can only do it 15 mins a day I find it very therapeutic. Glad to hear it is going so well.:yes 4:
 
I agree with everyone about the walking! It's been a glorious summer and fall being able to stride out with comfort. The pre-winter chill is just starting to get a grip on my area of Michigan, and my walking has been curtailed quite a bit. I am convinced that's why I'm having more pain lately. Yes, I could walk at an indoor mall, but it's not the same as the glorious outdoors. I am vowing that this is the year I pull on the long johns and pile on the scarf and hat and gloves, and get outside no matter what. Yeah...right. :) Someone get after me with a cattle prod please.

Viv, you're doing great. We never see our little baby steps until we look back and realize we've gone a mile.
 
I'm having such a struggle with neck and shoulder pain at the moment. Have reverted to taking diclofenac and paracetamol again which is depressing. Two visits to osteopath seem to have exacerbated the problem. Also walking any distance with poles. Going to try cranio-sacral therapy tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience of this please? :scratch:
 
sharonspl, I live in Michigan also. Surgery in Dec. and trying to figure out how to get walking in post-op in our cold weather!
 
I am wondering about your footwear Viv. Do you use orthodics? I have noticed lately that I cannot wear my pre op walking shoes anymore. Had to get new ones, and now I am better aligned. Everything is connected and starts at the feet. Just some thoughts. Hope you'll improve with your treatments.
 
First session with chiropractor/cranio-sacral therapist this am. It was amazing. I think it is aboslutely vital to be recommended such a practitioner, since I think I wasted money on that osteopath.

My body is out of whack, my neck and shoulders pain is a result of my pelvis being out, just like domino effect. A hard work out and now feeling a little light headed and tired, which is good apparently. He thought I was overdoing the length of time I've been walking and am to cut down to 10-15 min bursts a couple of times a day for a bit.
I've decided to continue with this and will have to have a pretty frugal Christmas this year because it's not cheap, but hey what's an investment in one's future health and wellbeing worth? :what:
 
Hi Viv,

I hope that your neck and shoulder pain will settle down and be helped by both the adjustment you got and the medications. If you are able to tolerate it maybe some icing will help it too. I often go to bed with an ice pack on some part of my back or neck.

I agree with the question that Renate asked about your shoes. I am having to break in new shoes since my old ones had a lift on them, it's nice to have a fresh start! Also, how about your pillows? Do you think you might have slept funny and that got your neck started?

Merry Christmas, it's nice that you got yourself an early present with the chiro & cranial!! :wink1:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Them's my feelings about a chiro, Viv. I saw an osteo for years but only when I moved did I discover he was also using chiropractic methods. The osteo I saw up here did little but massage my back and stick electrodes on it for TENS treatment while he went an saw to another client! That was when I decided to find a chiro and I've been seeing him now for about 10 years! He completely cured my nurse's chronic low back pain within the first year!
 
Hi everyone - not been around for a while but keeping up to date a little. Still struggling with neck pain despite 'chiro' input. Went back to doctor today and was diagnosed with neck 'wear and tear' which sounds dangerously like hip diagnosis. Not my usual doctor, since you now have to book in up to 3 weeks ahead to get a named doctor appointment round here, but this one has prescribed Naproxen, replacing diclofenac. Will give it a go. Would be grateful for folks' views on the diclofenac vs naproxen front if you can be bothered.
I have no problems with my hip whatsoever! It's the only part of me that doesn't ache right now.
Hope everyone is keeping cosy and getting gently into the seasonal vibe!broken link removed: https://t.co/xM2WCwCa
 
Well there you are! I always wonder how folks are doing when I haven't heard in a while. Good going on the hip but sorry about the neck.

I, too, had those issues years ago. Can't remember what I was given for meds but Napoxen sounds familiar. I do remember having a cervial collar though (still have it) as it takes the weight of your head off your neck.

You may want to inquire about one. Your head is VERY heavy! Good luck and Happy Holidays :santa:
 
So sorry you are hurt Viv. I am sure the weather isn't helping at all. Sure hope the new drugs help out! Does heat help at all?

Take care and please let us know how you are doing. We miss you!
 
Aw Viv. That's a shame. However, have heart - I have had 'wear and tear' in my neck (a sanitized term for our old friend Arthur Ritis!) for about 35 years or more now. All evidence to the contrary, it does not make your head drop off! :th_heehee:
 
Hi Viv nice to see you back sorry to hear about your kneck problems what a nuisance you get one part fixed then another part of your body plays up :sigh:
Billy
 
thank you guys for lovely messages. Good to be back (just felt I needed a break) ) but realise now it's not just about mememe!
 
Hi Viv,

Sorry to hear that your neck is bothering you, maybe your chiropractor would have some insight into Mr. Arthur Ritis, as Jo calls him. :th_heehee:

I don't have much experience in comparing the two different medications you mention, may be something that you just have to test out yourself and see which seems to provide better relief.

Nice to hear that your hip is doing well!
Take care,
Cardie
 
:xbanner:I wish you all a very Merry and Blessed Christmas, relief from pain, full recovery and leaping joy in your hearts!
:xcandle::sleigh::xmastree:
 
Hi Viv, sorry to hear you are having neck problems... We get a hip fixed and then the Mr Arthur Ritis pops up somewhere else....

I do hope the Chiro can help over time, as Jo has mentioned she has had much success with hers and bad backs are notoriously difficult to treat.

I wish you well and hope you are having a happy Xmas.
Sandy xx
 
Merry Christmas to you too Viv! Thanks for stopping by!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Recovery Blues

​
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom