TKR Recovery #2

Is anyone having an issue with Amazon? They are dropping boxes on my porch every other day.
I don't know who keeps sending stuff to me!
Be careful with this. This has become a problem with some Amazon sellers and you should report these deliveries to Amazon asap. Additionally, you should change your password because someone may have hacked your account.

You can read more about it this searching the term "Amazon brushing."

@sistersinhim I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT???:yikes:
I'm in deep doo LOL
@EalingGran please keep those bugs across the pond. We have enough problems with spy balloons
@benne68 I know who keeps sending them and I am in denial. And it ain't a river in Egypt. LOL
@trinket. I know! This has to be the worst and most expensive part of recovery!

I know who keeps sending them and I am in denial. And it ain't a river in Egypt. LOL
Love! :rotfl:
Yay! A present every day. It's only a problem when you open it and think "oh yeah, I forgot I ordered this". Won't admit if this has ever happened to me. :wink:
QVC use to be my weakness...got over it though when Amazon rolled in.

@Layla. I still have some Temptations baking dishes from QVC. Use them a lot. They resemble polish pottery. No qvc for me anymore, either.
And its every other day LOL
A gift for my son for helping us so much. And a bday gift for his gf. So, its not all for me:rofsign:

@benne68
I thought you were joking, too! Sorry to mislead you.
That's terrible about your neighbor!
I do know everything I've ordered and keep track.
Its so darn tempting when you can't go out to the stores.

I started using a tens unit yesterday. I had it from my first tkr. It has helped so much! I only took 1 hydrocodone before bed. And so far today none.

I forgot I still had it. I was reading the thread from first tkr and saw the tens on there. Hubs spotted me going up a flight of steps to find it. I found it and the stairs were no challenge at all! First time I attempted that many stairs. One at a time, up with the good, down with the bad.

I purchased this wonderful gadget on Amazon over 4 yrs ago and its still working.
Really looking forward to getting off these meds!

I purchased this wonderful gadget on Amazon over 4 yrs ago and its still working.
Please share details on the model, if you still have them. I think a lot of our members would find that information helpful.

@benne68
The brand is Kedsum. Had to look up my first tkr thread. It was under $30
I remember when looking for one on Amazon there were so many. I used it a lot during first tkr. The pads aren't as sticky after 4 yrs but its still working.

Thankfully you remembered you had the tens unit and it's helping and what great news on navigating stairs!
A belated Happy One Month Anniversary, beachy! I fell a little behind this weekend and I'm playing catch up. :wink:
I hope your week is a good one!
@beachy

I highly recommend getting yourselves a tens unit. I started using it 2 days ago. Today I've been off all meds for 36 hrs. Swelling is down.
Tightness is way less. Its still there, but not to the painful extent.
I put an ice pack over the tens pads and elevate.

I can't 100% say its the tens unit or a coincidence in the healing time and very little pt. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow.
But, I will continue using the tens.
Anyone have any thoughts on the tens unit?

PS.....do NOT put the pads on your incision. I put them around incision and about 1" off it.

I never used a Tens unit, but know many do successfully.
beachy, I'm certain you're familiar with, Josephine, BoneSmart's Nurse Emeritus that came with over 50 yrs experience in Orthopedics. She was in favor of the Tens unit. Following is an article for those interested.
Glad it's helping you, beachy! TENS machines

@Layla
Of course I remember Josphine! She was a huge help in my first recovery. Knowledgeable and right to the point. I probably purchased a tens because of her. I hope she is well!
Thanks for the article! I just bumped up my time to 45 min because of it. And it made sense that my pain level decreased by using it. So, I guess its not a coincidence.

I stopped all meds because I really didn't need them. However, I was blessed with zingers last night. I popped a gabapentin. Boy, those zingers will make your toes curl!! So far, no more. But, I may stick with 1 gabapentin per day instead of 2.
My tummy was so over all the meds. It is thanking me today.

Here's a pic of my lovely knee with the tens attached. It's very portable. The power pack is the size of a credit card and fits in my pocket. You could walk around with it, but I sit in recliner with ice pack over it.
It has changed my life LOL
Well, changed my recovery.

The only meds I take now are gabapentin for zingers. Advil 400mg very occasionally for achiness. The tightness is no longer painful, just annoying. And this all started the day I began using the tens.
I walked all over a medical oncology center yesterday with hubs then out to lunch. No after effects. Today I am 5 weeks post op. Onward!

Attachments

• IMG_20230215_083931_burst_01.jpg
    IMG_20230215_083931_burst_01.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 36
Very interested in the TENS unit based on the positive feedback. I read through the attachment. It sounds as though it's primarily intended for pain. My pain is mostly gone, but I still have swelling with a tight knee. Do you think it would for the swelling and tightness? Or is it just for pain? Thanks.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks