Guest viewing is limited

TKR Recovery #2

@Jockette
Give me some time to be able to walk better. Or at least able drive there and use your cart.
Just looked it up and its only 35-40 min away. We have friends in Kennet Square.
I remember at 4 months I was walking decent distances. That would put us in May. It would be beautiful then, right?
 
@sistersinhim
I want you to come, too! How much fun will this be???
Give me and Pia some time and we'll make plans! Delmarva field trip:rotfl:
 
Longwood Gardens is beautiful any time of the year. My sister goes allllllll the time and takes a million photos! I like flowers, but if you’ve seen one poinsettia, you’ve seen them all! I’ve actually been there too many times, but these days I go for the company, not so much the flowers! Let me know when you’re ready. :flwrysmile:
 
@Jockette
You're about 1-1 1/2 hrs away from Longwood? This Delmarva field trip will inspire me to recover faster LOL
Unless Pia lives up to her name:hairpulling:
 
I’m probably less than an hour and a half. It’s not a problem, I’m about an hour from a lot of places I want to go. Compared to when I drove here from Ohio for 7 years, an hour is nothing,

And you know that Pia is doing the best she can, it’s not her fault, and she’ll be fine, just like your first knee.
 
And its discouraging sometimes to know your knee is ruling your life! Especially with so much going on now. Staying positive though!
And @ Jockette, it is her fault and we're not on speaking terms right now:loll:
 
I called my "The Brat" because it could sure be one! If I was good and not overdo, it'd be a very nice knee. But, if I did something it didn't like, it through a fit and became a brat until I let it settle down again.
 
we're not on speaking terms right now:loll:
:heehee:

Whenever my non operated knee hurts, which thankfully is rare, I just pat it gently and tell it it’s fine, and to look what happened to the other knee, and it straightens itself right up!

Hang in there. Every day we are one day closer to a lovely walk (or scooter ride) through Longwood Gardens! Yes, something nice to look forward to.
 
WOOHOO!
Took the furry beastlet ( that's a tiny beast) for a 20 min walk today! Set my phone for 10 min so I could head back). Its cloudy, but 58 here. I did walk slow so its not like a million steps. I think I heard her say " thank you Mommy, I love you".:loll:
 
Yay for outdoor walks with lil beasts that SPEAK!
Yay for 58 degrees, It's 30F and snowing in my neck of the woods, Upper Midwest.
Thanks for the chuckle. Glad you're having a good day.
@beachy
 
Yay Beachy! You did a real dog walk! That’s gotta feel good. And I’m sure your beastlet was grateful! I have a beastlet as well, and also a beastadon (huge beast) who I’m just starting to walk again. Big boy weighs about 100 lbs so I’ve been hesitant to take him out. He’s very good, but just one ‘hey what’s THAT smell?” can be quite a pull. My little one is 7lbs but I can’t just take her and not him or hearts will be broken. What kind is your beastlet?
 
Well done. Beachy! Wish I could have gone with you!
You are doing better than me.I would love to go out! Closest I came to going outside was a breath of fresh air in hospital lobby as I was being wheeled for a scan today.
You are doing great
:flwrysmile:
 
@JusticeRider indeed, it was a REAL walk!
I'm afraid to walk my son's GF dog. She sweet, but a hound that will take off and strong. My beastlet is a rescue, part monkey, part raccoon. That's what she looks like. No idea what she is. We raised Papillons for over 20 yrs. We had 4. When the last one was gone we rescued.
I'll see if I can find a pic of Tootsie. What kind of dogs do you have?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom