TKR Recovery #2

I think its for all 3. Its helped with the swelling which helps with the pain.
Do you mean the attachment that Layla posted?

Not sure. I have to go back and read her post. I don't know anything about them, but am willing to try if it will help my swelling. Edited to say ... yes, the attachment that Layla posted. I'm going to look at the unit you have. It seems reasonably priced. No harm in trying it.

Today I had my third PT appt. I'm their "rebel" patient LOL. The PTs really didn't agree with my thoughts on tkr rehab. But, I don't care. We've had some discussions about it. I respect their views. But, don't agree with them.
My flex was 113-115, extension 4ish. Without her pushing down or forcing the bend.
:yes!:
I made a rotation on bike after rocking a bit. Then continued slow rotations for 5 min.
She wanted to make sure my kneecap was moving properly. No thank you. Asked her to not do that. And she didn't.
I think she is ok now with my knee, my rehab on my terms.

@trinket
There are so many to choose from in that same price point. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I really love using it. Just make sure to up the power 1 bar at a time. I put an ice pack over the electrodes. And try for at least 45 min. Let me know how it goes!

The PTs really didn't agree with my thoughts on tkr rehab. But, I don't care. We've had some discussions about it. I respect their views. But, don't agree with them.
My flex was 113-115, extension 4ish. Without her pushing down or forcing the bend.
What in the world is their problem when you are processing so well? I just don't understand it. It sounds like the only way to rehab is their way. What a shame. We know better!
I think she is ok now with my knee, my rehab on my terms.
Yes! You go, girl, and stand up for what you know is right for you!

So glad to hear you are doing well. Being my second knee I have found this one to be much worse however it was in significantly worse condition. I was in the same hospital as last time and had a very similar good experience to yours, and they were good to me in 2018 as well. I would like to think all the patients receive that treatment but my surgeon is on the board there so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Now we are onto healing!

@sistersinhim
I had "the talk" with my pt when I was doing prehab. I told her how I wanted to to do it and if she couldn't agree then I would go elsewhere. It was a friendly, but matter of fact convo. A few other therapists were within earshot and joined in. It was a good discussion, but I wanted it known before I started. I don't understand it either. The proof is right there in front of them.
And I fibbed when she asked me if I was doing the exercises 3x day. When I stop doing PT I'll confess LOL.

@donnag1108
My surgeon told me the second tkr recovery is usually harder than the first. I thought that was odd. It wasn't true in my case. I'm sorry you're having a tougher recovery this time. Gosh, you're in the early days!
My first tkr hospital experience was just awful! Loved my surgeon, but would not set foot in that hospital again. My new surgeon came highly recommended and I'm very pleased not only with him, but his staff has been great.
Sure makes it easier, doesn't it?
I'll be following your recovery.

This morning I had to postpone my 6 week follow up on tues to 8 weeks. Hubs starts infusion therapy same day, same time. Across the street fro my OS office LOL. Can't make this stuff up!
By 8 weeks I should have perfect ROM:rofsign:
Just kidding, don't really care.
I have 2 PT appts next week. I'll probably go back to 1x week. Too much going on right now.

Best wishes to both of you!

This morning I had to postpone my 6 week follow up on tues to 8 weeks. Hubs starts infusion therapy same day, same time
Sorry you are going through it.
Everything comes at once when you are struggling.

I was reading my first recovery thread for the 5-6 week post op stuff. The motorized grocery cart was a huge topic with a lot of laughs. Hubs and I are going to do a small shop today. And I will be in the motorized cart. Driving is not an option for me yet. Only in the cart LOL.
I'm so excited to be going somewhere that's not doctor related! Life's little pleasures.
And not ordering from instacart this time!

And I will be in the motorized cart.
I never attempted those because it seemed I’d have to be able to bend my knee quite a bit to use it. Is that true? Plus, the brain fog lasted a long time for me and I didn’t want to figure out how to use it! It was easier to just walk! :heehee:

The one I rode on had the room for me to stretch out my leg some. Even so, I still swelled like crazy when I used it.

@Jockette @sistersinhim
Yes, I could stretch out the leg. But, it just doesn't like being down. By the time we were finished shopping we were both DONE!
But, we felt accomplished LOL
It was a great cart! Had on sign on it that it was fully charged, had good speed and great on turns.
And by the time we got home I needed to put Pia up with ice pack.

@Jockette
I remember having more brain fog and fatigue the first time. This time I rarely nap during the day even though I'm not sleeping great at night.

I‘ve only used a cart/scooter once, and that was at Longwood Gardens, have you ever been there? It’s a lot of walking which can also bother my back. It was actually kind of fun to use it, my sister was in one, too! We would have been 2 reckless old ladies but the carts were extremely slow!!! :rotfl:

@Jockette
This is crazy, but earlier I was reading my thread from first tkr and several of us were discussing Longwood Gardens! No, I still haven't been. And we've been back from the beach a little over 2 yrs!
I would love to go when I can walk further distances. We're closer to it now. Meet up maybe??

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
akabombshell
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom