TKR Recovering in Western North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was setting my alarm to wake during the night so I wouldn't miss a dose. Then I went to the ER, was admitted, and kept on a nothing by mouth diet in case they did a further test. I went 16 hours without any of my pain meds, and it wasn't horrible! So then I started sleeping through the night and am more flexible with when I take the "as needed" meds. I'm glad you had a nice day with Magrat!
 
Sounds like you’re really coming along! Good for you. I’ve been forgetting to take my medicine at times which I guess is a good sign. If I have a busy day I make sure to take a full dose but at bedtime I’m doing ok with 1 Percocet and 1 extra strength Tylenol. I think once I get this thigh pain under control I’ll be ok with just the Tylenol.
 
Janet and Morning Glory -- thanks. I've been sleeping through the night most of the time -- unless I just get up to go to the toilet. It's nice to be able to sleep through the night again. I think I'm going to try taking one Rx pain med in the morning, and just a Tylenol at night if I need it -- see how that goes.
 
So glad to hear you're now sleeping through the night. It really does make the days better when you can get that kind of rest. Love your new pic---knee does look GOOD! TIME & PATIENCE do get you to a better place, and you're getting there. Take care, we care.
 
Thanks, Judy.

Tomorrow is our 11th anniversary. We're planning to have lunch at Biltmore Estate -- Cedric's Tavern. It's much easier than eating in one of the restaurants in the actual Biltmore Estate home -- much less walking and stairs. It's in another part of the property -- Antler Village which has shops, a couple of restaurants, and the winery. I won't be sampling the wine this time. :angel: We'll skip that part until another visit. :whistle::heehee:

Time for bed now. I'm fading. :zzz::sleep:
 
Happy Anniversary Becky! Enjoy your lunch date, sounds nice!
We stopped going out to eat, it was too hard getting in the place and then had to make sure they had chairs with arms so I could get out of it. ugh... But, not any more!
 
Happy anniversary Becky! Enjoy your anniversary lunch, and see if someone at a table next to you will let you enjoy the smell of the wine cork! :heehee: I hope you have wonderful weather for you outing! :friends:
 
Very Happy Anniversary Becky. Enjoy your lunch and plan what wines to sample next time when you skip in through the door.:happydance:
 
Morning Glory,m Jacky, & Jessie -- thanks. It's sooooo much better being able to walk through the smaller parking lot at Antler Village -- then afterwards to wander through a shop or two, or just sit on a bench and watch the children playing around the water fountain. During the summer they have live music playing under a small pavilion. They're predicting possible thunderstorms today, but we'll enjoy the day anyway. Maybe I'll open our bottle of Laphroaig and give it a sniff. :heehee: Jacky, I might look longingly at any wine bottle or glass of wine that I see. :rotfl:
 
Happy Anniversary!

Take a sniff of the Laphroaig for me too! Becky, it sounds like you are doing really well. May it continue.
 
Hope you have a very special anniversary!
 
Happy Anniversary, Becky!
I will be having a glass of wine on you, since I'm still allowed at the moment :):martini:.
 
Becky you and I share the same anniversary date! Tomorrow marks our 33 year anniversary. Happy 11th Anniversary, enjoy your lunch!
 
Nyland, Nancy, Elisea, Phoenixx, and jerseychick -- thanks. We had a good time -- even without the wine. The weather was hot, but it didn't rain. Actually walking back to the car in the rain wouldn't have been bad either. They have these little "anniversary" desserts that are always ready in their freezer for customers celebrating. It's 3 muffin-sized ice creams covered in chocolate. The 2 outside ones are strawberry ice cream with white chocolate, and the middle one is chocolate mint ice cream with dark chocolate. "Happy Anniversary" is written in chocolate on the side area of the small rectangular plate. We told our waiter that later next month we'll be celebrating our "10 year, 10 month, 10 week, and 10 day"-versary. He laughed and told us to come back and we'll get an another anniversary dessert. :cheers::heehee:

I had my 12-week post-op doctor's visit (a week early). Good report -- 0º to 130º, and walking well. The need for pain meds lessening. One Hydrocodone usually every morning. After that, it depends on how Magrat feels -- asleep or complaining. :sleep::gaah: -- usually better though. :thumb:

Have a wonderful day, everyone. Going mall walking this morning.
 
Congratulations! That's a brilliant result on your ROM. Keep up the good work - just make sure Magrat is OK with it :).
 
Hi Becky,

That desert sure sounds good! I don't blame you for sweet talking the waiter into giving you another free dessert! :thumb:

Congrats on your check up! Awsome!! I thought I was hot stuff today my PT measured mine at 120 but you got me beat, good for you!

How did your mall walking go? I went grocery shopping today, it's been a long time. I usually stay home or wait in the car while hubby goes in and shops which means 20 phone calls asking questions about the shopping list. If I did go in I'd only get a few aisles in and then I was in so much pain that I didn't care what we bought or what it cost I just wanted to get out of there. But today I was good the whole time. WooHoo!!

Keep up the good work, you're dong something right :happydance:
 
Phoenixx and Morning Glory -- thanks. Magrat has been complaining - yesterday and today. So I must have been doing too many of the home exercises. It wasn't the mall walking. That was fine. So I think I'll do only gentle exercises at home for a few days.

I've been having more fun with the mall walking in the past week or two. My mall-walking "path" has been gradually morphing into a combination Pachinko and slalom path. Instead of “mall-walking”, maybe I’ll call it pa-slalking. I got bored walking around the outer edges of the inside of the mall – with the focus on having the store-fronts immediately next to you. The mall people have measured out the “course” around the edges as ½ mile for one time around. Since there’s palmetto trees and other plants, along with various display cases, a water fountain, benches, planters with various bushes, kiosks, etc. in the middle of the mall “hall” – along with one side alcove area filled with house and garden furniture – I’ve been enjoying winding my way around and among the various trees and other things in the middle of everything. :spin::dancy: :whistle: So I have an “avenue of trees” that I walk through, and a lot of winding detours that vary from day to day – depending on my mood and where my feet lead me. I particularly include the trees in my winding path. Some of the other regular mall walkers who have noticed just smile and laugh. :heehee: We all wave to each other in passing. It’s a good group of people. Then a group of us will chat over a cup of coffee in the food court before heading back home. :cheers:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Recovering in Western North Carolina
I really like the way you make your walk in the mall an adventure, so much better than going round and round. [Bonesmart.org] Recovering in Western North Carolina And coffee and chat to end it up--what a nice touch! You are doing so well, keep up the good work.
[Bonesmart.org] Recovering in Western North Carolina
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom