TKR Recovering & Getting Ready for #2

Congrats Lynn, you have always been such a positive influence here and hopeful in the face of challenges!

You should be so proud of the kids! It's wonderful when they soar into adulthood and we get yo watch in amazement, finally thinking perhaps we did something right as we raised them!

Very envious of the solar panels, would love to go that route. The incentives here are very good, so maybe a project for next year!

Do stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. Success is a story that needs telling!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Thank you Dawn. I hope you are doing well. I know I have been blessed with a great outcome (and great girls). My only wish is that everyone on here would experience the same degree of success!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Recovering & Getting Ready for #2
to your right knee---and you've got another one right around the corner. Lot of celebrating for you this year, Lynn.
 
Cheers to your knee Lynn!! Congrats and keep up the great recovery! Soon we will celebrate anniversary #2!!!

Be well,

Dawn :yay:
 
:cheers: Happy Knee birthday!
 
Thought I would stop back in and dust off my thread! Happy to say my knees feel great. Occasional bits of tightness and still somewhat numb and painful (how can they be both??) when I try to kneel on them, but other than that, reliable and comfortable. Right is now 16.5 months and left is 15 months!
And everyone else - how are you all doing?!!
 
Glad to hear you are doing well Nightquilter. I know what you mean about kneeling! I knelt down tonight and thought to myself how the doctors need to put in padding for us. :) As for me, I see the surgeon tomorrow and will ask him if its too late to straighten out my legs. Still can't get them straight.
 
Hi Lynn, good to hear from you!

Sounds like things are pretty good for you. The kneeling thing is a problem for most, perhaps it will improve over time. I hope the family is well and you are back in a normal rhythm!

Be well, Dawn
 
Good idea scared! Why hasn't someone thought of that! I only go down on my knees when I want to get on the floor to do some exercises and stretch. I will have to keep all of my quilts small now, since to pin the large ones, one has to pin the "sandwich" together on the floor! It is that or do them on a longarm. But I still hold out hope for the kneeling thing. Remember when we just hoped to be able to bend to 90 degrees!!

Yes Dawn, all is well. My younger daughter in grad school is doing awesome and blowing the curve for everyone in her program! Of course she picked this winter to be her first on the east coast! She had a short bout of SAD, but some Vitamin D liquid and B12 and she was back to her happy self. Elder daughter is off in Newark on her first business trip - meeting a client with a court appearance tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oops! Meant she is blowing the curve for the class! Dawn, Amanda is at Boston University's School of Medicine getting a master's in forensic anthropology. They've had, as you know, a fair amount of snow up there! I suspect she'll be looking for warmer climes for her doctorate, but she really loves Boston.
 
I am in Vermont about 2 hours northwest of her. My son is in Boston. We got another 8-10 inches of fresh snow overnight...I can't find my grill on the deck anymore!

Boston is a great town, but snow there us a nightmare. Be well!
 
She cannot wait for spring Dawn! She has a great setup with a patio between the 3 buildings of her complex which she can access right outside her door. Even let her cat out the other day to run and stretch in the snow! Hope this week is warming up for you. It is still in the teens in Erie, where I grew up! They are so over this winter and being # 1 in the country for snow this year!
 
I was in Boston Monday and the ground was almost bare! It is still pretty cold and will be -2 overnight. We are so ready for spring!
 
Oh happy day! :wowspring: Tomorrow, my right knee turns 18 months (which means my left knee will do likewise in 7 weeks)! I am so blessed by how well they are both doing. I only wish everyone had at least as good a recovery, if not better. Still get occasional tightness and there is some numbness in both, but I really can't complain because I can walk and hike painfree! Thank you to all of you for your support and friendship throughout my journey!!
 
Happy to hear the good news about your knees! I remember your kind words of encouragement for me when I was going through my process. I hope we continue to have good luck with our knees. Nothing in life is perfect but this sure beats being in a wheelchair! Good luck in the future.
 
Great report Lynn and congrats on #2! You sound upbeat and happy! It's a lot easier going into the second one knowing what to expect and how to manage your recovery! Good for you and keep us poste.

Be well,

Dawn
 
Back
Top Bottom