TKR Recovering & Getting Ready for #2

Lynn,
Great report! Wonderful to hear about our success stories.
Thanks for the encouraging update!:hiking:
I notice you have had both hips and both knees done.
Tashia has started a Four Replacements Club in the social room, I think you and Tashia are the only ones we have located on Bonesmart as of yet.
Here is the link to her thread:http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/four-replacements-club.24136/

There should be a special award or status to anyone who has four replacements! What an incredible feat!

RTKR - 9th December, 2013

Hey there Lynn! Long time! Your daughters are awesome, they got their smarts from Mommy. It's scary sending the kids off to great places like Boston etc. Sometimes they don't come back, or rather decide they want to live there! You must be so proud. So Amanda must like watching Bones? Such an exciting field.
Glad you are doing so well joint wise. I hate the feeling getting on my knees even if it's padded. It feels like nervy pain and is kind of sickening. But I love gardening and being on the floor with my G-baby.
Anyway we must chat. i found a lawyer near me, Blumberg and am hoping they will take my case. I've almost got my records ready, just need a few more things.
Keep on doing well! Let's get together for lunch when school is out. I owe you!
Lovies, M

Great to hear from you Marianne!! How are you feeling?? My knees are still tender when I kneel on them too. Would love to get together when you are done with school!

Happy Birthday left knee
Happy Birthday left knee
Your turned 18 months today,
Happy Birthday left knee!

Proud to say both knees are now aiming toward their 2nd birthday with strength and pride. They are a bit jealous of their 11 1/2 year old "hip sisters!" :rotfl:

NightQuilter, Happy Birthday to your knee. And may it have millions more. :snork: My joints won't get another birthday till 'september. When you have so many birthdays you need to make sure none of the birthdays get left out. My knees don't like being kneeled on them, they are still very tender. Take care. Tashia and the kids

That sounds good, I will bring a big bowl of ice cream so everyone can have their favorite kind.

My, my - it seems as pain subsides we don't get on here as frequently. It is good to stop in to see old friends!

Well, I am quickly sliding into my 2-year birthdays for each knee (yes, I know I shouldn't use words like "slide" or "fall" on a site where folks are being careful to not aggravate their new parts!!). Right turns on Oct. 30 and left turns on Dec. 17! Both are doing great. Indeed, if there wasn't so much ... shall we say ... extra tissue on my legs, I could easily sit on my heels. Knees are still tender to kneel on, but I don't ask them to do that very often, except to get onto the floor to do some exercises. I have gone back to doing those post-surgical PT exercises again as I felt so much better generally when I was doing them frequently.

They both have traveled well this year - hiking in Italy and later in Ireland. And two weeks ago when I was "home" at Penn State, I traversed that very large campus with not a whisper or whimper from either of them ... or my hips either. That latter was good news as I have been a wee bit concerned about my right hip, which is approaching age 12 (oh, those pre-teens!!). I do have a follow-up with my OS in early November when he wants to inspect both hips and knees. Assuming all is well, he plans to put me on the 5-year plan!

Will endeavor to stop by more frequently. To you all who were of such immense support to me through those recovery phases - thank you ... a million times thank you!! And to you who are about to improve your life and those who are recovering, just pay attention to the mantras here (rest, elevate, ice, and stay ahead of your meds) and do your PT. I am here to tell you it works!

NightQuilter, How are you doing? I am going to PT to make it easier to get on the floor. I have no problem to getting down but having trouble to getting up. I will be so glad when I can do without thinking. Take care and enjoy the Fall. Tashia

@tashia,

I have learned one of the best ways to get off the floor for me is to roll over on my stomach, push my body up and walk my hands to my feet. Then I slowly pull up from that position. If you have a piece of furniture, you can modify, by gripping firmly with your hands as you pull yourself up. Can you do a kneeling position?

I'm well Tashia; and you? I am with Sonja on how to get up, until your knees can handle it. I also only get down with padding - carpeting and with an extra towel.

@NightQuilter ,

Abby, my trainer has me dropping just about anywhere these days to do push-ups, planks and so forth! The amazing thing is my knees do beautifully! I don't even think about them in the position, I am too busy hearing Abby say keep your butt down and your stomach in! :rotfl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it, Sonja!! I think I need an Abby in my life, if for nothing else to remind me to get up from my computer once in a whole and restore circulation!!

Love it, Sonja!! I think I need an Abby in my life, if for nothing else to remind me to get up from my computer once in a whole and restore circulation!!

Well, I CAN put her on a plane and let you borrow her for a couple of weeks! I assume no responsibility for the new vocabulary you might develop though!:heehee:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HaiPao
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom